(Topic ID: 313265)

Why so many JJP GNR's for sale? Is it that bad?

By adamsebas

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20220507022216 (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
why so many 3 (resized).JPG
why so many 2 (resized).JPG
why so many (resized).JPG
20220416_152854 (resized).jpg
20220416_155611 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 10.00.07 AM (resized).png
IMG20220416041220 (resized).jpg
B36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpeg
5 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
show (resized).jpg
B944A19C-67A8-4A62-A6E7-DC99CFC08A0C.gif
Screenshot_20220411-115822_Messages.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#266 1 year ago

I will never sell my GNR LE, the game is a masterpiece. Probably the most beautiful and detailed artwork of any pin in my collection. I owned a Data East GNR and it was nothing special, but this game is a home run. Bring on the adult profanity mode, nude girls. Axl middle fingers and all the aggression and crudeness that is GNR, I love it!

I saw the ‘Not in this Lifetime’ reunion tour at AT&T park in SF and it was something I’ll never forget. I never thought the original band would get back together, so that tour and this pin are special to me. Some of the modes like Demo Derby are lame, but I can look past that and maybe the code will improve over time.

Folks flipping this game probably aren’t true GNR fans as I can’t see a hardcore GNR fan ever parting with this pin. I feel the same about Metallica LE and Maiden LE, they are bolted to the floor.

I can understand how this title might not be everyone’s cup of tea, though. Axl’s voice is something many either love or hate. I wouldn’t call the game family friendly either, but we don’t have kids yet. Just love this pin and you’ll never see mine for sale

#278 1 year ago

Troll thread...only hardcore GNR fans in here please. Lol

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I think the game is a lot of fun. Is it the GOAT? Nope. I still think MM has the best balance of any game made to date. The callouts alone to me make that game so F'n funny. Shots are great, etc. With that said, when I get random people coming down the stairs that don't play pinball, they jump right to GnR. They play it and love it. They play my other games and go back to GnR. Other games I have are TZ, MM, CV, and WoZ.
My point is it is a fun game for a lot of average pinball folks. They can get a pretty easy multi ball experience. They get to pick a GnR song they like. As for why are so many for sale, well there are thousands of them out there. For some people it wasn't a match. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? I also shake my head when I read they played one game or even a couple balls and will "never play it again". You need to give yourself time to understand the ruleset. That can take a pretty long time depending on how deep the ruleset goes.
Bottom line is these kinds of threads drum up the bad side of PinSide. Too many cynical posts IMO. We have to realize that there is a game for everyone in the pinball world. Just need to find it. If you don't like a machine, sell it. If you like it, keep it. Peace

The callouts on Rick & Morty on adult mode are way funnier than AFM or MM...you'll be in stitches. AFM and MM definitely still put a smile on my face, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Odessa, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-jjp-gnr-s-for-sale-is-it-that-bad?tu=darkryder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.