(Topic ID: 313265)

Why so many JJP GNR's for sale? Is it that bad?

By adamsebas

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 447 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20220507022216 (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
why so many 3 (resized).JPG
why so many 2 (resized).JPG
why so many (resized).JPG
20220416_152854 (resized).jpg
20220416_155611 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 10.00.07 AM (resized).png
IMG20220416041220 (resized).jpg
B36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpeg
5 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
show (resized).jpg
B944A19C-67A8-4A62-A6E7-DC99CFC08A0C.gif
Screenshot_20220411-115822_Messages.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

These are among the worst types of threads on Pinside and should be locked / deleted as they serve no purpose other then to bash a game. It's a trolling thread and should be closed. Might as well rename the thread to "The Official Bash GNR Club Thread".
On a final note I own a GNR LE, it's not leaving my collection, and I'm not going to waste my time arguing about why I enjoy it with the usual JJP Pinside bashers.

You are parroting what Kaneda said and it's absurd. Why start regulating what opinions on games people can post. It's his opinion and he is no more right or wrong than you are. Don't click on the thread and drain it - cause you already wasted your time responding saying you are not going waste your time

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

.. and I'm not going to waste my time arguing about why I enjoy it with the usual JJP Pinside bashers.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya on the code point, JJP code updates have come to a crawl sadly. Stern is now putting out code updates with greater frequency and updates with more content. There's also an issue IMO with some JJP games, Pirates and GNR come to mind, of having too many generic modes. Who cares if a game has 100+ modes like Pirates when they all play the same. Where GNR differs is that while many of the song modes play similar there's unique light shows coded for each which is pretty damn impressive. However, I still wish there were more set piece type modes like the mini wizard modes in GNR and Pirates versus the generic style ones.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not a fan of the default song mode settings in GNR, it makes the games song modes too multiball heavy IMO. What settings can be changed to resolve that? The #1 setting I can suggest is not to allow add a ball during multiball. For me this setting change is a game changer as it makes locking balls towards a song modes more meaningful. You can then start a song mode with 1 ball or up to 6 but once you start a song that's it.
Bumping the song mode ball save down from 1 minute to 30 seconds is another way to decrease the MB craziness. I'm going to try testing that setting change with the one above as well as with the default add a ball setting.
Finally try these coil settings for the flippers and slingshots, my game feels much more responsive using the settings below versus the factory settings.
Left flipper strength: 26
Right flipper strength: 27
Upper right flipper strength: 16
Upper playfield flipper strength: 16
Left slingshot strength: 48
Right slingshot strength: 48

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What's your point? I haven't been arguing with anyone about the game itself, just sharing some settings that make the game more enjoyable in my opinion.

You initially posted just to repeat what Kanada said, and then stayed in the thread and continued to post
Just don't want you to waste your time

The games not for everybody, some of the complaints in this thread are valid.
If you love it, that's all that should really matter.
Who cares what others think, but saying this thread should not be allowed is ridiculous.

4 weeks later
#372 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Never understood the boat complaint. Owned one for over 10 years and love it. We fish, ski, knee board and tube all summer, it's awesome. My youngest son enjoys fishing, he doesn't ever play pinball but he likes to fish all summer.
Its like owning a car and complaining that you have to do oil changes and basic maintenance?

Just becuase most 1st time boat owners don't have a clue the upkeep and cost involved with even owning a small boat.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Hmmm, been using boats my entire life. Very little cost or upkeep. What exactly is so difficult? Just wondering as this common opinion really perplexed me. Keep in mind I'm not taking about large salt water boats. Just common boats for fishing and tubing on fresh water lakes. I put much more time and energy into fixing and upgrading my pinball machines, the boat needs little to no time put into it.

buy a twin engine boat with a generator and full cabin and let me know if upkeep is inexpensive

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-jjp-gnr-s-for-sale-is-it-that-bad?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.