(Topic ID: 313265)

Why so many JJP GNR's for sale? Is it that bad?

By adamsebas

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 447 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20220507022216 (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
why so many 3 (resized).JPG
why so many 2 (resized).JPG
why so many (resized).JPG
20220416_152854 (resized).jpg
20220416_155611 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 10.00.07 AM (resized).png
IMG20220416041220 (resized).jpg
B36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpeg
5 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
show (resized).jpg
B944A19C-67A8-4A62-A6E7-DC99CFC08A0C.gif
Screenshot_20220411-115822_Messages.jpg
There are 447 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 2 years ago

I have played the game only a handful of times but will admit that I found it very boring. I like GNR and was looking forward to the game but I just don't think it's fun at all. Am I missing something?

#4 2 years ago

The duality of man Pinside.

#5 2 years ago

the game was kind of its own worst enemy. out of the gate being hailed as the GOAT. I got an SE. I love it. However, in a single pin lineup, it would get old. But that is true for a ton of machines. The game is one of the greatest pinball 'experiences' out there. As far as a shooter alone??? Good, not great. But in this market where we are seeing Fish tales go for 7k+, how can one not think it's a fantastic buy. ??????

Get one.

#6 2 years ago

I enjoy my SE a lot just disappointed with the playfield quality.

#7 2 years ago

I think this is the case with many new entries in the field. After it has been out for a while, the folks that got them early are ready for the next new thing. Personally I like my game. Do I play it much, not at all but then again I don’t play most of machines much. I enjoy looking at them more I guess, like art. For the record my machine, although it has not been played much, has no issues.

Hate like hell what they did to Lloyd and said so in a letter to all the top dogs at JJR. At least I spoke my peace to the folks that should hear it directly, if they read the letter lol

#8 2 years ago

Multiballs all over the place, awesome soundtrack and light show, it makes for a great coin taker on location, but I would never put one in my home.

#9 2 years ago

Best innovative pin Ive ever played. I bought one and still think the same. I’ve been in the hobby a long time and music pins now dominate my line up. Do I wish JJP had better playfields of course I do however it’s still not going to stop me from loving this bad ass pin. I do think alot of people bought the next greatest thing and move on like a lot of titles.

#10 2 years ago

I've got a few friends with multiple JJPs in their collection. GnR isn't my personal favorite, but it's a solid 3rd for me out of the JJP games.

I enjoy it, but it really hasn't appealed to me personally as much as Pirates or Wonka.
I will say the lights are freakin incredible though as is the mini PF.

#11 2 years ago

1. Hapoens with all new games
2. Not eXpecially
3. No. Plenty more fish in the sea.

#12 2 years ago

Sold G&R LE after 5 months.. awesome light show, assets, but on reflection I am more into pins with humour.
G&R & D.I (after 5yrs) out and BBB back In.

With 5000 LE’s I guess it will be easy to pick one up again if I wanted.

#13 2 years ago

OP, yes I got very bored of mine and sold it after a few months. Wasn’t my style of gameplay and sounds like it’s not yours either.

No big deal. Enjoy other games instead.

#14 2 years ago

Game play sucked to me.

#15 2 years ago

GNR LE is such a special pinball machine. The athmosphere with sound + lightshow is awesome. The rules are deep and cause of lots of multiballs you can't compare it to any other music pin.
I also thought i would sell it after some months, but it's now bolt to the ground for a long time!

#16 2 years ago

I keep going back and fourth on it, if anything seeing axel rose reminds me aging sucks

#17 2 years ago
download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#18 2 years ago

Theres just been a ton of them made. At first everyone wanted one. I mean they are still making them. So there wil be a lot available.

Personally I got one last April and sold it in June. Im a GnR fan and the pin looks/sounds amazing. To me it just wasnt a super fun pin to shoot. I had Wonka next to it and I think wonka is a much more fun game imho. GnR came the same weekend Stranger Things LE came and I ended up playing stranger things a lot more.

#19 2 years ago

GnR is pretty, I'll give it that. But for me the game play was wayyyyy too repetitive. Also, I have never liked the feel of JJP flippers, they feel like swinging around a limp dick. Not sure given all this and JJP's stance on playfield quality, changing warranty, and pure lack of customer care that I will ever buy another JJP.

#20 2 years ago

The experience of playing GnR is AMAZING! It's like no other pin.

The gameplay and rules and scoring and flipper feel and playfield concerns turned me off.

If I play the game without caring about any of that stuff, I always have a great time with it.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

I have played the game only a handful of times but will admit that I found it very boring. I like GNR and was looking forward to the game but I just don't think it's fun at all. Am I missing something?

I still a newbie but think they may sell over 6k units of G&R. Is there any other pin in the last 20 years even close to that in total units sold?

So by shear volume and percentages are very many being resold?

I also have a Wonka next to it and Wonka gets played 10-1. Opps 50-1

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I still a newbie but think they may sell over 6k units of G&R. Is there any other pin in the last 20 years even close to that in total units sold?

How did you come up with 6k units?

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I keep going back and fourth on it, if anything seeing axel rose reminds me aging sucks

Maybe a RHCP pin would address this?

He is 60 years old in 2022.

I think GnR is fun enough to play that it’s a fantastic machine if you like their music. The only things I don’t like on it are the turntable (I find these things mega annoying on all pins, like on Avengers) and the limp shooter. I would also configure it to be as multi ball conservative as possible because the one GnR that I play in a barcade seems to serve unlimited balls during the many multi balls and that feels pointless if you are used to other pinball machines.

271F485A-027E-43CD-AC97-7F5362FEABE9 (resized).jpeg271F485A-027E-43CD-AC97-7F5362FEABE9 (resized).jpeg
#24 2 years ago

Yes it’s that bad. Game looks great but it’s boring. Couldn’t get rid of it fast enough.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

How did you come up with 6k units?

Yeah I’m taking half that at best.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

AC/DC and MET alone probably have sold thousands more than GNR.

#27 2 years ago

Wow another troll thread…

#28 2 years ago

To each his own and to those that love it, great.

I've played it about 20 times. Tunes are fantastic, light show is epic. I don't love the shots and the MB's are a bit over the top for me.

I would never own one but happy to play it from time to time.

#29 2 years ago

I think Jude Law said it in some movie:

Show me the hottest chick in the world, and I’ll show you some dude that’s bored with her.

That’s just the way it goes.

#30 2 years ago

It’s gotta be better than RUSH.

#31 2 years ago

The game sucks, it has no innovative ball features on it, no toys, the ball is doing the same old thing we've seen it do. The upper playfield is an absolute joke. might as well not even put a flipper up there.

They masked the lack of innovation with the shitload of lights. And once folks realize this they sell. Just my humble opinion.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think Rush is one of Stern's three misses with it's recent releases based solely on the games alone, TMNT (cool mechs, still just not fun for me) and LZ being the other two. I also think that Rush was not a great theme and I would still play it 99 times out of 100 over GNR which is one of my favorite bands. The game is just that boring.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think rush is pretty similar in that there are lots of multiballs, and seems like everything is always lit for something. Rush definitely seems to have the more interesting ruleset on the surface for me.

GNR is a beautiful one trick pony imo.

#34 2 years ago

-"Is it that bad?"
-Yes

Quoted from adamsebas:

Am I missing something?

- No. It's just boring multiball fest, gets old really fast.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

He is 60 years old in 2022.
I think GnR is fun enough to play that it’s a fantastic machine if you like their music. The only things I don’t like on it are the turntable (I find these things mega annoying on all pins, like on Avengers) and the limp shooter. I would also configure it to be as multi ball conservative as possible because the one GnR that I play in a barcade seems to serve unlimited balls during the many multi balls and that feels pointless if you are used to other pinball machines.[quoted image]

This would be my number one choice for the next music pin.

#36 2 years ago

Looks great but I was bored with after playing it only a handful of times.

#37 2 years ago

Its a JJP. Enough said.

#38 2 years ago

Played 2 balls and walked away

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wow another troll thread…

Two pinsiders with the same avatar. Didn’t know that DE RR translite was that popular!

The game definitely doesn’t suck. Supply is just so high right now.

I just sold mine bc the gameplay itself just isn’t good enough to keep my interest and it might sound dumb but the footage of the band now really ruins what I think of when picturing GnR. I literally would try not to look at the videos bc they bummed me out. Slash still looks great though. Gorgeous art and lights.

Overall I think DE GnR captures the vibe of that band SO much better

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

That would be truly awful.

#41 2 years ago

All this talk about GOAT or crap is just nonsense. The game doesn't have to be the greatest of all time to still be enjoyable. I don't consider any game a GOAT.

It's the kind of game you either love or hate, nothing really in between. I happen to love it since it is very different than the other games I have.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That would be truly awful.

You don't think you would be able to "give it away, give it away, give it away, give it away" if you tried?

I'll let myself out...

#43 2 years ago

So..you're trying to tell me...that people SELL pins?? I don't buy it.

#44 2 years ago

Why So many Godzilla for sale. Is it that bad.. Like WTF . i see so many of every game now. Where is your logic. ? [Comment removed]

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Why So many Godzilla for sale. Is it that bad.. Like WTF . i see so many of every game now. Where is your logic. ? Dumb asses

Godzilla the true GOAT even tho it's a "home pin".

[Comment removed]

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Played 2 balls and walked away

Sadly I did too. I just didn't think it was fun.

#47 2 years ago

All the GnR owners want Halloween instead.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Sonic the Hedgehog?

#49 2 years ago

It is really a beautiful machine, cool upper pf with great assets and state of the art technology. It is mesmerizing.

After time, I found the machine was impressive in every way except for playing.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

It's the kind of game you either love or hate, nothing really in between.

"I played in a death-metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were just OK."

- Mitch Hedberg

#50 2 years ago

Anybody that has owned a jjp knows they are slow on code releases, it will be a masterpiece when finished. 5 yrs later they were still updating woz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

8,500 (OBO)
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 447 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-jjp-gnr-s-for-sale-is-it-that-bad?hl=jack8765 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.