(Topic ID: 313265)

Why so many JJP GNR's for sale? Is it that bad?

By adamsebas

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20220507022216 (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
why so many 3 (resized).JPG
why so many 2 (resized).JPG
why so many (resized).JPG
20220416_152854 (resized).jpg
20220416_155611 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 10.00.07 AM (resized).png
IMG20220416041220 (resized).jpg
B36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpeg
5 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
show (resized).jpg
B944A19C-67A8-4A62-A6E7-DC99CFC08A0C.gif
Screenshot_20220411-115822_Messages.jpg

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 1 year ago

Stranger things is 100% due to code development. There was literally nothing there at launch. Very basic and got old very fast. Monthly updates for over a year got it to its desired state. Also, most people only played it once or twice before covid hit. Then nothing for a year to 2 years. That bad first impression stuck.

GNR can be 100% saved by code updates, but it’s not gonna happen.

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt: GNR can be 100% saved by code updates, but it’s not gonna happen.

GNR doesn't need "saving"
I had heaps of fun playing it for a few hours tonight and finished a couple of album modes .
If you don't like it fair enough , but that doesn't mean it's not a great game .

#353 1 year ago

I should’ve said for me. Just way too much weight on the song jackpots for it to keep my interest. The honeymoon phase was amazing though.

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stranger things is 100% due to code development. There was literally nothing there at launch. Very basic and got old very fast. Monthly updates for over a year got it to its desired state. Also, most people only played it once or twice before covid hit. Then nothing for a year to 2 years. That bad first impression stuck.

That's what happened to me. I played Stranger Things over at Next Level in Hillsboro right after release and thought it sucked. Fast forward, it's a good game. I am hoping that the code is tweaked further on GnR, but it was certainly more complete at release than many other machines. To me, it is a nice contrast to other games but the rules and goals are not as clearly defined as I'd like. You kind of jump into a game, and try to get through entire songs, collecting points where you can for the jackpot. The word "experience" is thrown around a lot with GnR, but it is pretty accurate.

#355 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I should’ve said for me. Just way too much weight on the song jackpots for it to keep my interest. The honeymoon phase was amazing though.

No worries , we all have different tastes .
I enjoy playing all the different modes even though some score more than others .
And I appreciate you explaining why you dislike it , rather than just a down vote .

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No worries , we all have different tastes .
I enjoy playing all the different modes even though some score more than others .
And I appreciate you explaining why you dislike it , rather than just a down vote .

My downvote was simply to disagree with a statement that if the game was more limited that people would want it more. Simple as that. Had nothing to do with me liking the game less than others.

Again. If you ever see a downvote, it will be that I disagree with the statement made in that post.

I downvote instead of replying with simply, “I disagree”

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not saying GNR doesn’t need a code update. But adjusting settings really balances the scoring and strategies - which unfortunately isn’t an option for location players. Hopefully tourny directors that use the game dial up the difficulty settings on individual songs while reducing album mode qualifying timer which increases album scoring, decreases song jackpots, and makes add a balls harder to get in a song. That simple adjustment goes a long way. Slash solo is still a stinker unfortunately, but even if can be adjusted to make harder to qualify.

#358 1 year ago

Been hearing Toy Story LE might start at 12.5k. I expect then GNR nib would end up going to 12.5k? Might be something to think about if anyone wants one nib from a distributor.

#359 1 year ago

I'm personally totally ok with all the GnR's for sale because....

That enabled me to pick up an LE at a great deal a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. Happy Flippin!

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I'm personally totally ok with all the GnR's for sale because....
That enabled me to pick up an LE at a great deal a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. Happy Flippin!

It's like owning a boat. The two happiest days of GnR are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

I too was so happy when I first got the game. It was an incredible experience playing it. Nothing else could compare to the technology.

Just wait. The honeymoon will end hard once you move past its exterior beauty and discover how repetitive it starts to feel.

Obviously some enjoy it, but this is the reason why so many GnR's are for sale allowing you to score a deal.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's like owning a boat. The two happiest days of GnR are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.
I too was so happy when I first got the game. It was an incredible experience playing it. Nothing else could compare to the technology.
Just wait. The honeymoon will end hard once you move past its exterior beauty and discover how repetitive it starts to feel.
Obviously some enjoy it, but this is the reason why so many GnR's are for sale allowing you to score a deal.

We kind of got the idea you moved on from GnR yet you keep coming back to tell us over and over again?

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

We kind of got the idea you moved on from GnR yet you keep coming back to tell us over and over again?

I was thinking about going into threads of machines that I’ve sold to complain about them, but am too busy enjoying GnR!

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]</blockquot

Been hearing Toy Story LE might start at 12.5k. I expect then GNR nib would end up going to 12.5k? Might be something to think about if anyone wants one nib from a distributor.

The next JJP game is Elton John. Why does everyone keep saying Toy Story?

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Never understood the boat complaint. Owned one for over 10 years and love it. We fish, ski, knee board and tube all summer, it's awesome. My youngest son enjoys fishing, he doesn't ever play pinball but he likes to fish all summer.

Its like owning a car and complaining that you have to do oil changes and basic maintenance?

#365 1 year ago

Quoted from pcprogrammer:Never understood the boat complaint. Owned one for over 10 years and love it. We fish, ski, knee board and tube all summer, it's awesome. My youngest son enjoys fishing, he doesn't ever play pinball but he likes to fish all summer.
Its like owning a car and complaining that you have to do oil changes and basic maintenance?

Yeah I was just using it as a familiar reference.

I don't have anything against boats.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Never understood the boat complaint.

Agreed.

I'd say "Treadmill" is a much better comparison.

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't worry about Chuck , there's a reason why they've sold over 3000 games

Yeah …… the theme.

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yeah …… the theme.

I brought it for the gameplay and everything about it , and I'm not a GNR fan , but I don't mind a few of their songs . I would love it even more if it was Led Zeppelin , but as shown it would have never got all the assets .

#369 1 year ago

Never understood the boat complaint. Owned one for over 10 years and love it. We fish, ski, knee board and tube all summer, it's awesome. My youngest son enjoys fishing, he doesn't ever play pinball but he likes to fish all summer.

If you own a lake house with a mooring it’s probably a different experience. But when you own a boat that you have to pay to store near the ocean. Then tow to the ocean. Pay every time to launch it. (Better get there early before it fills up). After a long day on the water and the sun beating down on you, you have to tow the boat home. You’re exhausted and want to just crash, but no, you have to flush the motor, and get out the bucket of soapy water and a rag and scrub all the dried salt off the whole boat. Then, at some point tow the boat back to where you pay to store it. Yeah, after a few years, it’s not nearly worth it.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If you own a lake house with a mooring it’s probably a different experience. But when you own a boat that you have to pay to store near the ocean. Then tow to the ocean. Pay every time to launch it. (Better get there early before it fills up). After a long day on the water and the sun beating down on you, you have to tow the boat home. You’re exhausted and want to just crash, but no, you have to flush the motor, and get out the bucket of soapy water and a rag and scrub all the dried salt off the whole boat. Then, at some point tow the boat back to where you pay to store it. Yeah, after a few years, it’s not nearly worth it.

When I want some sympathy I tell people I lost my job, my wife left me and Spot ran away with the Super-Nerf.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Only experience I have is with aluminum fishing boats for fresh water lakes. Little to no real maintenance, just a lot of fun.

#372 1 year ago

Just becuase most 1st time boat owners don't have a clue the upkeep and cost involved with even owning a small boat.

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Note to self don’t talk yourself into buying a boat

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just becuase most 1st time boat owners don't have a clue the upkeep and cost involved with even owning a small boat.

Hmmm, been using boats my entire life. Very little cost or upkeep. What exactly is so difficult? Just wondering as this common opinion really perplexed me. Keep in mind I'm not taking about large salt water boats. Just common boats for fishing and tubing on fresh water lakes. I put much more time and energy into fixing and upgrading my pinball machines, the boat needs little to no time put into it.

#375 1 year ago

Q: what do pinball machines and boats have in common?
A: they both require effort and money to be maintained.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Q: what do pinball machines and boats have in common?
A: they both require effort and money to be maintained.

Owning a vehicle requires money and effort to maintain. So does owning a home. So does raising kids. Everything in life requires work, time, effort, money, etc... I enjoy the effort of doing things in life, better then sitting around doing nothing. My son comes home one day with smoke billowing out of his car hood. We spent the weekend figuring it out and fixing it, fun weekend in my book and it's very satisfying to do things for yourself.

#377 1 year ago

Owning a vehicle requires money and effort to maintain. So does owning a home. So does raising kids. Everything in life requires work, time, effort, money, etc... I enjoy the effort of doing things in life, better then sitting around doing nothing. My son comes home one day with smoke billowing out of his car hood. We spent the weekend figuring it out and fixing it, fun weekend in my book and it's very satisfying to do things for yourself.

Yes. A mature perspective.
Without you, what would you imagine would have been your son's reaction and action?

#378 1 year ago

Hmmm, been using boats my entire life. Very little cost or upkeep. What exactly is so difficult? Just wondering as this common opinion really perplexed me. Keep in mind I'm not taking about large salt water boats. Just common boats for fishing and tubing on fresh water lakes. I put much more time and energy into fixing and upgrading my pinball machines, the boat needs little to no time put into it.

buy a twin engine boat with a generator and full cabin and let me know if upkeep is inexpensive

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

buy a twin engine boat with a generator and full cabin and let me know if upkeep is inexpensive

If you can afford the boat you afford the bait

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

For sympathy I tell people I lost my job, my wife left me and my dog ran away.

I felt really bad for you when I read that you lost your job and your dog.
But you also noted that your wife left you. So overall it looks like you came out ahead.

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes. A mature perspective.
Without you, what would you imagine would have been your son's reaction and action?

He seemed upset, kinda rattled. He saved up to buy an extremely nice condition 15 year old Ford Mustang. Only 80k miles and was very well taken care of. It ended up being those darn Ford plastic thermostat housings, if they get the smallest crack or the seam bulges the coolant just squirts out onto the hot engine. I drove to a bunch of auto parts stores and found an all metal housing so it shouldn't ever do that again. It was a pretty easy fix.

#382 1 year ago

He seemed upset, kinda rattled. He saved up to buy an extremely nice condition 15 year old Ford Mustang. Only 80k miles and was very well taken care of. It ended up being those darn Ford plastic thermostat housings, if they get the smallest crack or the seam bulges the coolant just squirts out onto the hot engine. I drove to a bunch of auto parts stores and found an all metal housing so it shouldn't ever do that again. It was a pretty easy fix.

Lucky to have you show him how to fix and restore his confidence in Ford.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Lucky to have you show him how to fix and restore his confidence in Ford.

I guess we're at a point where you can say "Ford" & "Only 80k miles" im rhe same sentence. Thats something

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess we're at a point where you can say "Ford" & "Only 80k miles" im rhe same sentence. Thats something

Nah, runs perfectly fine now, the repair looked worse then it actually was. I'm a Toyota guy myself but after our Camry I've lost confidence a bit.

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I’ve got two Ford Fusion Titanium’s
and they both have been bulletproof.Best sitting for along trip sedan!

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:He seemed upset, kinda rattled. He saved up to buy an extremely nice condition 15 year old Ford Mustang. Only 80k miles and was very well taken care of. It ended up being those darn Ford plastic thermostat housings, if they get the smallest crack or the seam bulges the coolant just squirts out onto the hot engine. I drove to a bunch of auto parts stores and found an all metal housing so it shouldn't ever do that again. It was a pretty easy fix.

I absolutely hate the design of the ford 302 thermostat housing for my mustang. It attaches to the manifold with only two bolts when it really needs 3 to keep it from leaking imo. And the bolts are an absolute bitch to get to and tighten.

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Agreed.
I'd say "Treadmill" is a much better comparison.

Has anyone ever been excited to buy a treadmill? That's more like crap I need to lose weight and now what. Damn maybe buy a f'ng treadmill.

Ive heard the saying specifically for boats before. Doesn't mean you didn't have fun, but they do say boats are a hull in the water you throw money into for a reason.

#388 1 year ago

I honestly don't listen to Guns N Roses music although I do like some of their songs. Being truthful I don't really listen to Aerosmith, ACDC, Beatles, and basically all these music pins. With that being said I have a Guns N Roses, Beatles, Aerosmith, Metallica, etc. Why because they're all great games and just calling a spade a spade NO MUSIC pinball has ever captured the theme under glass like Guns N Roses. GNR pinball is simply the best music pinball by far if not the greatest themed game in pinball history. You might not love all the shots, the game rules, or whatever no one likes every aspect of every game. With that being said the GNR is fun, and the theming has never been matched by a single pinball game ever created. Name one? If you're a GNR fan then you're on cloud nine to own this game. If you're a pinball collector this is a MUST HAVE. If you're a tournament player then maybe or maybe not the game for you.

Everything always boils down to what you're specifically looking for in a game. I think the people on pinside need to understand there are more types of buyers than just your tastes. Maybe your background is simply hardcore pinball tournaments not every game is for you. If you're a hard core collector then like all the shots or not you HAVE TO BUY A WIZARD OF OZ. Maybe for you its all about the theme, doesn't matter how good the pinball game is or isn't... someone makes star wars day one you're buying.

Everyone buys for different reasons. With all that being said there are hundreds of reasons to buy Guns N Roses. The artwork is amazing, lighting, sound, graphics, integration of theme, and the amazing layout. To each their own.

When production stops on Guns here soon as JJP ramps up their next game, watch GUNS over the next year skyrocket in value.

Anyway my take.

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Has anyone ever been excited to buy a treadmill? That's more like crap I need to lose weight and now what. Damn maybe buy a f'ng treadmill.
Ive heard the saying specifically for boats before. Doesn't mean you didn't have fun, but they do say boats are a hull in the water you throw money into for a reason.

I've wasted far more money on mods and unnecessary pinball spending then I've ever spent on my boat. In fact over 10 years I really haven't put much of any money into my boat. We are on our 3rd or 4th treadmill now. We use them so much that the motors eventually go bad. Last year we purchased another one, it's a Sole brand, been the best one yet, hundreds of miles have been run on it by my wife and youngest son.

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

You might not love all the shots, the game rules, or whatever

Yeah that's kind of a big deal though.

the theming has never been matched by a single pinball game ever created.

Maybe so, but I'm not a branding enthusiast, I'm a pinball player. The shine wears off quick.

I think the people on pinside need to understand there are more types of buyers than just your tastes.

Indeed. It's ostensibly a pinball forum, but in reality more like a coterie of dollhouse collectors.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Maybe so, but I'm not a branding enthusiast, I'm a pinball player. The shine wears off quick.

Indeed. It's ostensibly a pinball forum, but in reality more like a coterie of dollhouse collectors.

Dude...I'm just impressed that you read that whole thing.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

BTW I'm not saying the shots aren't awesome on GNR, rather saying every game is different and each person has a different taste. But no one can argue GNR artwork is amazing, CGI, theme integration, toys, mechs, lighting, features it all has to rank as best we've ever seen. Buying or not buying GNR might also boil down to you don't like music pins, or you simply don't like Guns N Roses music. I think the shots and flow of GNR is unique, different and amazing but to each their own.

Again not a huge GNR fan but you have to give credit where its due this is simply the greatest pinball game ever made when considering everything.

As for if this game is selling well they've made over 4,000 of them I'd say it was a PLATINUM Record. LOL

Lastly, to each their own but the game is selling fine and people love the game but not every game is for everyone clearly.

#393 1 year ago

I have the feeling that when Toy Story is announced this thread will light on fire.

#394 1 year ago

Buying or not buying GNR

This thread isn't about buying or not buying GnR. It's about selling, and why so many keep coming up for sale.

And now it's also about boats.

#395 1 year ago

Looks like there are 13 GnRs for sale right now, and 20 Godzillas. Who cares? I sold my GZ but still have GnR, just my preference, for now. I may go back to GZ again later and sell GnR. It's all just for fun.

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have you pegged as an STI kinda guy, man, worst exhaust note ever!

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I have you pegged as an STI kinda guy, man, worst exhaust note ever!

I bought before their was an STi and then upgraded to a '16 which the WRX was kind of better....weirdly. So you're close!
My first car was a 1981 Chevy Citation; my only 'Merican car

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I bought before their was an STi and then upgraded to a '16 which the WRX was kind of better....weirdly. So you're close!

Figured,I just bought my first turbo. Takes some getting used to.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

This thread isn't about buying or not buying GnR. It's about selling, and why so many keep coming up for sale.

And now it's also about boats.

Pinside honestly is a very toxic place to debate subjects. Talking about how to fix a game amazing. No one is allowed their own opinion or a difference of opinion. I think what I said was very fair guns n roses has more put into that game than any game ever made. The amount of artistry, toys, artwork, lighting I mean drum sticks for a rail. C'mon. Again you may not like the game but it doesn't change the fact more effort was put into creating this game than anything ever created for pinball.

I realize it started about how many are for sale but in typical pinside fashion the topic changed. My opinion on why so many are for sale is simple the game has been out for almost 2 years, and JJP has sold about 4,500 games. That isn't unusual. Furthermore you see a lot of games for sale people are clearing space for the new JJP to the next Stern. I don't see anything unusual there.

Again if you're a GNR or music pin fan you'll never sell that game. I look around I see every title for sale it is what it is.

As boats it is boat season. So you have that.

#400 1 year ago

Pinside honestly is a very toxic place to debate subjects...

Hard to have a discussion with someone that says one machine is "obviously 100% the best no arguments."
Don't understand what's hard to grasp there there. But I guess we all have our issues

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,500 (OBO)
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-jjp-gnr-s-for-sale-is-it-that-bad/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.