(Topic ID: 313265)

Why so many JJP GNR's for sale? Is it that bad?

By adamsebas

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 447 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20220507022216 (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
why so many 3 (resized).JPG
why so many 2 (resized).JPG
why so many (resized).JPG
20220416_152854 (resized).jpg
20220416_155611 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 10.00.07 AM (resized).png
IMG20220416041220 (resized).jpg
B36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpeg
5 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
show (resized).jpg
B944A19C-67A8-4A62-A6E7-DC99CFC08A0C.gif
Screenshot_20220411-115822_Messages.jpg
There are 447 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

A little off topic but I watched their reveal video and get what you are saying and what they are saying....

Greg & Zach biggest "problem" has always been simply loving pinball too much
They are being compensated for their review of an item, so you can't trust them obviously. But obviously you can trust them because they love everything and it would probably be the same if they bought the thing.
Its like being around all the kids yesterday running around looking for eggs and laughing and having such a good time whilst I sit there counting the minutes to get away from the In-Laws.
Don't worry, they'll catch up to the jadedness some year

#302 2 years ago

Years ago I had a Roadshow.A guy here name of Thompson offered up a RS topper he conceived and built for $180.I thought damn that’s a lot of money for a topper I guess I was wrong.For one thing this topper was perfect for this machine and way better built the some of the overpriced things as of late!

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Greg & Zach biggest "problem" has always been simply loving pinball too much
They are being compensated for their review of an item, so you can't trust them obviously. But obviously you can trust them because they love everything and it would probably be the same if they bought the thing.
Its like being around all the kids yesterday running around looking for eggs and laughing and having such a good time whilst I sit there counting the minutes to get away from the In-Laws.
Don't worry, they'll catch up to the jadedness some year

If we don’t like it, don’t believe in it we don’t showcase it. Turned down a few products that we we don’t believe in or that we didn’t care for. Pissed a few people off in doing so. It’s all good though. When you don’t know someone personally it’s hard to understand where they are coming from or what there character truly is vs assumptions. I don’t blame you for this. It’s simply human nature to do so.

#304 2 years ago

We can give the game all the positive praise we want including SDTM... the simple answer to the question is that the playfields are crap so the games are getting shuffled on... but still interesting that SDTM didn't address the elephant in the room.

Nov 21 build... 120 plays. Check out my friends posts near the axl and jets. The playfields are garbage.

20220416_152854 (resized).jpg20220416_152854 (resized).jpg20220416_155611 (resized).jpg20220416_155611 (resized).jpg
#305 2 years ago

"Why so many 'Why so many of this title for sale' threads started".

why so many (resized).JPGwhy so many (resized).JPGwhy so many 2 (resized).JPGwhy so many 2 (resized).JPGwhy so many 3 (resized).JPGwhy so many 3 (resized).JPG
#306 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

"Why so many 'Why so many of this title for sale' threads started".

This deserves its own thread!

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

If we don’t like it, don’t believe in it we don’t showcase it. Turned down a few products that we we don’t believe in or that we didn’t care for. Pissed a few people off in doing so. It’s all good though. When you don’t know someone personally it’s hard to understand where they are coming from or what there character truly is vs assumptions. I don’t blame you for this. It’s simply human nature to do so.

If you don't accept compensation, and openly review all products (those you like and believe in, and those you don't) there is no chance of creating the perception of shilling.

A shill is a person who praises or promotes something because they secretly have a personal stake in it (ie compensation.) It's not important if you really like it or not.

If you only praise products you are paid to praise, your intentions can be misconstrued.

You guys seem very decent with good character, and I believe you love the products you showcase. But if you're being compensated, you shouldn't be upset if someone perceives it as shilling.

It also doesn't mean I don't watch your videos from time to time either.

#308 2 years ago

The SDTM review is what it is... it just omits the bad, but definitely wouldn't call them repeat offenders.

I think Kevin from Buffalo is wayyyy worse. And look dont bite the hand that gives you perks and games first, I get that,t but he goes clearly out of his way to avoid even coming close to talking about JJps shit customer care and crappy playfields.

If it comes up in chat while they do their podcasts he just rolls right on past those questions ignoring them. I've watched him do it on several occasions. He gives Stern what for though if the time arrises. Can anyone honestly say they trust that guys opinions particularly in regards to JJP games. He seems a nice guy to be sure but what does that count for at the end of the day?

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

For one thing this topper was perfect for this machine and way better built the some of the overpriced things as of late!

Speaking of toppers perfect for a game .
I've had my Rock Topper from Pingraffix for almost 2 weeks and I love it .
The game already has such great atmosphere , this takes it over the top .

IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpgIMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
#310 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That does look quite cool, IMO.

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

That is very cool!

#312 2 years ago

I think the game is a lot of fun. Is it the GOAT? Nope. I still think MM has the best balance of any game made to date. The callouts alone to me make that game so F'n funny. Shots are great, etc. With that said, when I get random people coming down the stairs that don't play pinball, they jump right to GnR. They play it and love it. They play my other games and go back to GnR. Other games I have are TZ, MM, CV, and WoZ.

My point is it is a fun game for a lot of average pinball folks. They can get a pretty easy multi ball experience. They get to pick a GnR song they like. As for why are so many for sale, well there are thousands of them out there. For some people it wasn't a match. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? I also shake my head when I read they played one game or even a couple balls and will "never play it again". You need to give yourself time to understand the ruleset. That can take a pretty long time depending on how deep the ruleset goes.

Bottom line is these kinds of threads drum up the bad side of PinSide. Too many cynical posts IMO. We have to realize that there is a game for everyone in the pinball world. Just need to find it. If you don't like a machine, sell it. If you like it, keep it. Peace

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I think the game is a lot of fun. Is it the GOAT? Nope. I still think MM has the best balance of any game made to date. The callouts alone to me make that game so F'n funny. Shots are great, etc. With that said, when I get random people coming down the stairs that don't play pinball, they jump right to GnR. They play it and love it. They play my other games and go back to GnR. Other games I have are TZ, MM, CV, and WoZ.
My point is it is a fun game for a lot of average pinball folks. They can get a pretty easy multi ball experience. They get to pick a GnR song they like. As for why are so many for sale, well there are thousands of them out there. For some people it wasn't a match. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? I also shake my head when I read they played one game or even a couple balls and will "never play it again". You need to give yourself time to understand the ruleset. That can take a pretty long time depending on how deep the ruleset goes.
Bottom line is these kinds of threads drum up the bad side of PinSide. Too many cynical posts IMO. We have to realize that there is a game for everyone in the pinball world. Just need to find it. If you don't like a machine, sell it. If you like it, keep it. Peace

The callouts on Rick & Morty on adult mode are way funnier than AFM or MM...you'll be in stitches. AFM and MM definitely still put a smile on my face, though.

1 week later
#314 1 year ago

ANyone thats in terested I still have recently made G&R new in the crate Limiteds for 11k! Todd from TNT

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The callouts on Rick & Morty on adult mode are way funnier than AFM or MM...you'll be in stitches. AFM and MM definitely still put a smile on my face, though.

This all depends on upon whether or not the utterance of "Get Schwifty" sends you into uncontrollable laughter.

Myself, I don't really get it.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

We can give the game all the positive praise we want including SDTM... the simple answer to the question is that the playfields are crap so the games are getting shuffled on... but still interesting that SDTM didn't address the elephant in the room.
Nov 21 build... 120 plays. Check out my friends posts near the axl and jets. The playfields are garbage.[quoted image][quoted image]

Some tips for your friend:

- Iron down those pooled areas (Nick from Buffalo Pinball has a great video tutorial on how to do this)
- Add Mylar and larger PETG washers under the posts
- DON'T use the metal washer over the plastic/PETG washer

#317 1 year ago

More and more for sale every day!
Why? Why? Why?

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Speechless I guess I’ve done my job then?

Don't worry.. it is expected from someone from Ann Arbor, MI

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

More and more for sale every day!
Why? Why? Why?

The same reason there are constant Godzilla sales.

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The same reason there are constant Godzilla sales.

GZ are available for above buyer's cost.

GnR are available for below cost.

I'm guessing the reasons are entirely different.

#321 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:GZ are available for above buyer's cost.
GnR are available for below cost.
I'm guessing the reasons are entirely different.

Yes. The reason is that GNR is in stock and available for purchase. That itself drives the price of used games lower than NIB. GZ is not readily available, hence the used price is at or higher than NIB. Basic supply and demand

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Yes. The reason is that GNR is in stock and available for purchase. That itself drives the price of used games lower than NIB. GZ is not readily available, hence the used price is at or higher than NIB. Basic supply and demand

I really think more GnR owners are selling than are GZ owners which is creating the over-supply and pushing prices down.

Plenty of GnR preorders have been waiting for their NIB, while earlier GnR games have changed hands multiple times. I personally know one GnR that is on its 4th owner.

Not sure how I'd feel waiting for delivery on a full price GnR, while so many are changing hands for less money.

That's just not happening with GZ. Fewer owners are selling.

#323 1 year ago

GNR is a great game but may not be a keeper for some. Same is true for GZ and any other pinball game for that matter.

If you are considering a GNR, I'd suggest getting one while availability seems 'easy'. Historically, that situation hasn't lasted with most JJP games.

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Don't worry.. it is expected from someone from Ann Arbor, MI

huh?

#325 1 year ago

These geographic burns always cut the deepest.

I can't tell you how many times I've been cowed, bashed, and owned by somebody noting that I live in New York City.

It's just impossible to come back from something like that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can't tell you how many times I've been cowed, bashed, and owned by somebody noting that I live in New York City.

Oh come now Levi you didn’t mention redneck or flyover country first?

#327 1 year ago

Well they do chant this at Wisconsin/Michigan Football games. Go Badgers!

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
#328 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well sure but everyone just shits on the sidewalk in NY; or is that SF? Ah yes bums with needles in their arms in NY I think. Of them fancy dancing kids from the Fame

Quoted from MikeS:

Well they do chant this at Wisconsin/Michigan Football games. Go Badgers!
[quoted image]

So do I; as I hate UofM.
EDIT: Gotta get me one of them

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well sure but everyone just shits on the sidewalk in NY; or is that SF? Ah yes bums with needles in their arms in NY I think.

Hey buddy, get it straight. The bums and needles and shit on the sidewalk is in my city. The city of angels. I guess to a lesser extent SanFran, but it’s too cold and too steep there. The shit just hardens and rolls into the ocean.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably the same people that tell me that everyone is leaving where I live. All the decent hard-working people have moved out of state and all that is left is the hollywood/political/liberal elites and homeless drug addicted immigrants.

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh come now Levi you didn’t mention redneck or flyover country first?

No

#331 1 year ago

Oh come on, but admit that in their mind they were thinking that you were thinking it.

#332 1 year ago

No? That's how you described Ohio when you went to Canton on a business trip.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/837#post-6863923

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Oh come on, but admit that in their mind they were thinking that you were thinking it.

Sure I’m willing to accept that.

But those kind of cheap shots were never my bag. I’ve lived in a trailer park in South Carolina for christs sake. They may have pushed me into it with their relentless NYC abuse and constant accusations of sidewalk shitting!!

#334 1 year ago

I’ve been a lot of places and most of the world-class cities. But the record for the most sidewalk shit is held by Santa Monica, CA.

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’ve been a lot of places and most of the world-class cities. But the record for the most sidewalk shit is held by Santa Monica, CA.

Wow no shit?

#336 1 year ago

Former LE owner. I was unsure about the game, but always jammed out to GNR. The lights and sounds draw you in, but the love affair was short.
The game play is fun but you can't score without doing what seems like impossible feats, and repetitive impossible feats at that.
That initially didn't bother me but one day while listening to the jukebox on random, the video didn't match up.
After a bit of YouTube, dont youtube the concert by they way, that was the clincher. Traded for a Bkosr LE

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Former LE owner. I was unsure about the game, but always jammed out to GNR. The lights and sounds draw you in, but the love affair was short.
The game play is fun but you can't score without doing what seems like impossible feats, and repetitive impossible feats at that.
That initially didn't bother me but one day while listening to the jukebox on random, the video didn't match up.
After a bit of YouTube, dont youtube the concert by they way, that was the clincher. Traded for a Bkosr LE

The lights, video, and music draws you in, while the repetitive trudging through songs wears you out. And it's all the worse if you fall to collect a big song jackpot. Scoring is so unbalanced.

The destination (high score) is the goal, but the journey to get there is like the being in the middle seat on a bumpy flight with crying babies on both sides. Just not worth the trip.

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

The lights, video, and music draws you in, while the repetitive trudging through songs wears you out. And it's all the worse if you fall to collect a big song jackpot. Scoring is so unbalanced.
The destination (high score) is the goal, but the journey to get there is like the being in the middle seat on a bumpy flight with crying babies on both sides. Just not worth the trip.

I lost a 90 mil song mode because there was a ball stuck, when I dislodged it both balls drained and I got nothing. Very disheartening and a big reason why it went away

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

I lost a 90 mil song mode because there was a ball stuck, when I dislodged it both balls drained and I got nothing.

That can happen on any game, can’t it?

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

That can happen on any game, can’t it?

The problem is how incredibly low scoring the entire game is for all the effort put in to build the uncollected jackpot.

It's all or nothing. Play effort is not commensurate with score.

Not every game is so unbalanced to rely on a single shot at the end of a long session to receive the score you "earned."

#341 1 year ago

The potential for an incredible game is there, and for some, I can understand it being that already, but I have to agree with those that find the unbalanced scoring disheartening.

I love just about everything else about the game, but the rules/code keep me from playing it alone after the honeymoon phase.

Yet, it's been the the most exciting game to new guests that aren't pin collectors.

If getting to the album modes felt and scored more like METs Crank It Up modes compared to the rest of the game, and no wood-chopping toward a failed song jackpot, I'd likely have a different perception.

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

The problem is how incredibly low scoring the entire game is for all the effort put in to build the uncollected jackpot.
It's all or nothing. Play effort is not commensurate with score.
Not every game is so unbalanced to rely on a single shot at the end of a long session to receive the score you "earned."

Yep. I'm selling mine because: (a) the arcane/unbalanced scoring is the worst of any game I've ever owned. (b) many modes are just boring with almost no shot choreography (i.e. sounds or callouts that make the shot pleasing).

Otherwise, it's a gorgeous game. So much more beautiful than Stern's Rush, but not nearly as fun to shoot!

I really hope Toy Story is able to deliver on ALL fronts. Gorgeous, well appointed games that AREN'T fun to play don't last long in my collection...

#343 1 year ago

GnR is a great game, owned mine for 7 months. It is a completely different experience, and a work of art. If they hadn't made so many LEs, people would still be going crazy trying to get them.

#344 1 year ago

I just got my Grand Champion score , a tad under 15 million . I could have gone for more but I chickened out and took what I could get .
That's the challenge of the game , build up the song as much as you can and go for broke .
JJP games are low scoring compared to stern where you can get billions .
Some modes are worth more than others , isn't that the case with most games .
The goal of the game is to get to No Sympathy for the Devil , if you're just going for score , skip the modes you don't think are worth it .
Carl D'Angelo can get huge scores on the modes people don't think are worth anything , I suppose it's all up to your skill level and what multiplires and whatever else you get .
I just dream of being that good .

IMG20220507022216 (resized).jpgIMG20220507022216 (resized).jpg
#345 1 year ago

Re: scoring imbalance and dependability of the applause jackpot:

By default, The game is set to extra easy almost everywhere in the settings which heavily favors songs and applause jackpot scoring. If you want a different experience and other strategies. Try these settings. Your song scoring will be substantially cut with even more room to decrease them if desired, with all the other modes increased scoring. The game definitely needs polish but playing the settings helps a lot for balance and opening up new strategies.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/427#post-6895594

That said, I don’t know what it is about this game but I’ve had it 1 1/2 years and it always gets my blood flowing - just pure fun IMO that can have some typical pinball risk/reward frustrations.

My biggest complaint on the game is slash solo is an absolute stinker. Most worthless mode in all of pinball. Don’t get me wrong, it’s actually a really cool mode but the implementation is the worst *cough* Keefer *cough* time to make it stackable with the rest of the game (minus songs).

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

By default, The game is set to extra easy almost everywhere in the settings which heavily favors songs and applause jackpot scoring. If you want a different experience and other strategies. Try these settings. Your song scoring will be substantially cut with even more room to decrease them if desired, with all the other modes increased scoring. The game definitely needs polish but playing the settings helps a lot for balance and opening up new strategies.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/427#post-6895594
That said, I don’t know what it is about this game but I’ve had it 1 1/2 years and it always gets my blood flowing - just pure fun IMO that can have some typical pinball risk/reward frustrations.
My biggest complaint on the game is slash solo is an absolute stinker. Most worthless mode in all of pinball. Don’t get me wrong, it’s actually a really cool mode but the implementation is the worst *cough* Keefer *cough* time to make it stackable with the rest of the game (minus songs).

There are so many settings you can fiddle with , the only thing I've done is increased my Flipper Power by 2 but I don't really notice anything , the one thing ID like to do is increase the ball timer save but I Want My Scores to be legit , is that cheating ?

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I agree, that mode is pretty bad. Also understand GnR isn't for everyone, but I've enjoyed it more than other JJP games. Note to self, don't post in a hate thread.

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Note to self, don't post in a hate thread.

Don't worry about Chuck , there's a reason why they've sold over 3000 games

#349 1 year ago

Just a reminder. All a downvote means is you disagree. Don’t get too worked up when someone disagrees with you.

#350 1 year ago

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I remember when Stranger Things was getting tons of hate, and you were taking some heat, and now is a desired pin. Some of that has to do with a limited production, some with the software improvements and UV mod. Wonka, similar. Honestly, I didn't like GnR on location and almost passed, but set up correctly at home, with the Pinwoofer mod, it is impressive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 447 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-jjp-gnr-s-for-sale-is-it-that-bad/page/7?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.