(Topic ID: 202109)

Why so many Hobbits FS? Can’t be that bad right??

By Beez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3124 (resized).JPG
thehobbit (resized).jpg
COWBELL (resized).jpg
1z5t7k (resized).jpg
1z5t1w (resized).jpg
1z5sqg (resized).jpg
1z5smn (resized).jpg
6CAA253E-E99A-4D6C-9873-4F6EC5ECB7EA (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20171107-205605 (resized).png
3A69A498-9800-4304-9A49-D42795C95704 (resized).jpeg
728FE794-D3CD-4635-B701-0C306474C0EC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indybru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 6 years ago

Might as well add my 2 cents. I could care less about tournament games they do not apply to me.
I love my Hobbit might be my favorite pin I own.
Maybe I play for an hour then move on. It's very intense and can be exhausting. I love the chaos of the pop ups. Love the rules the whole experience is bliss for me. The are other pins the so called experts love don't interest me at all. My taste is different.
Yes I could have purchased it for lower but that's the breaks. Stock market gains equal no worries.

#100 6 years ago

Every now and then when I see a pointless and tasteless comment about any pin I check what that person owns.

Then I understand. Cheers

#115 6 years ago

#100 comment is general,what I like others don't and visa versa. Some negative comments come from people showing no owned pins. There are many titles thrown under the bus that I like and don't own. Take SW I love it but have no room. I personally don't see the need to downgrade viciously pins that others like. I'm no saint but that's just how I was brought up.

Sorry, for ruffled feathers but I try to be positive person and the negativity here sometimes gets the best of me. Played hobbit about one hour last night and for me that's a good thing.
Cheers

#120 6 years ago

Amen well stated. Now I don't feel so crazy for loving this game.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I like TH for what it is. Yesterday I played a pretty long game. On one ball I went from Smaug multiball into beast frenzy into ITF and played through 3 stages. When I was done, I thought I had to call an orthopedic dr.
Hard to hit the start button for a follow up game. Still liking it though.

OK,

I fully understand, now can you explain why some people say the game is slow? I don't understand that. I know it starts out that way but hold on.

Edit :Mine is set up at least 7 degrees.

#176 6 years ago

Just wondering what else can we pick on ? This is getting kind of boring?

I think I would be interested on Tron but seems like a few of those are up for sale in my area and most have reduced the price. Why?
How about GB's, Got, Kiss, BM66, Aerosmith, I even saw a new Di.

If we can't do better than this. I'll play more pin and then go to health club. Cheers

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

There are plenty of other threads and a drain button, or have fun at the "health club". It's like every other thread...I wouldn't expect someone who has TH in their collection to start bashing the hell out of it on here. They paid good money for it. Luckily, some people with humility that own the pin have chimed in and even they said it's not the greatest game; their non-pinhead friends and family enjoy it but it's not really for players; it's not the best game, etc. That was at least refreshing. After all, this isn't a friends & family or casual player site...we all have issues when it comes to pinball. This is a player's and hobbyist's site, with a superfluous amount of opinions. Beelzeboob on the other hand is a whole other story.
Admittedly this thread has gotten a bit redundant, so I hear you there. But I was initially interested so see what the general consensus was on TH, and perhaps read a little about the current pricing.

Ok heres update back, but going to health club cardio and watch Bears (i know they stink). Looks like I didn't miss much.

Friday played hobbit 2,223,009 , still one shot from beating smaug didn't get time 5 armies. One of my best scores. Now they are picking on gb.Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indybru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-hobbits-fs-can%e2%80%99t-be-that-bad-right?tu=indybru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.