(Topic ID: 202109)

Why so many Hobbits FS? Can’t be that bad right??

By Beez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3124 (resized).JPG
thehobbit (resized).jpg
COWBELL (resized).jpg
1z5t7k (resized).jpg
1z5t1w (resized).jpg
1z5sqg (resized).jpg
1z5smn (resized).jpg
6CAA253E-E99A-4D6C-9873-4F6EC5ECB7EA (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20171107-205605 (resized).png
3A69A498-9800-4304-9A49-D42795C95704 (resized).jpeg
728FE794-D3CD-4635-B701-0C306474C0EC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballNut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 6 years ago

As with all games if you like it, then great, if you don't there are plenty of others out there. I think the game will get better with some more code refinements especially if the pop a creature is used less (like once you qualify one it won't pop back up) and there's more reason to do the book modes for points.

Bottom line, if you enjoy a game, keep it and enjoy it. I don't think the actual resell price is that much of a reflection on how people feel about the game. Rather I think it is a reflection of how many NIB options are out there and when you buy one of the most expensive NIB pins you just aren't going to get all of that money back out of it. NIB pins are becoming more like cars, they depreciate the moment you take delivery of them whether you open the box or not. I doubt any of my recent NIB purchases will sell for more than 80% of what they cost me. That means you're losing substantial money on a $9500 pin. I'm on the list to get a pirates so obviously I think it's worth having this over priced toy in my house for a few years even if I lose money when I actually sell it.

Just an FYI, it seems like those that absolutely hate GB are the same ones that love Hobbit, and quite a bit of the reverse too. I considered selling GB and buying a friends Hobbit. I don't think GB is the best game in my collection (and maybe not the worse, RZ is still getting better code), however, no one in my family thought Hobbit would be a step up or even wanted it in the house. They are two totally different games designed for completely different people. GB will make you a better player (and has in our house), and you feel like a god (small g) when you get through the modes and have a stellar game. I'm not sure if Hobbit will make you a better player and even some absolutely stellar games we've had on it (a friend owns one, and the local arcades have them) don't make me want to play it again and definitely not on a weekly or daily basis.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballNut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-hobbits-fs-can%e2%80%99t-be-that-bad-right?tu=SilverballNut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.