(Topic ID: 202109)

Why so many Hobbits FS? Can’t be that bad right??

By Beez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3124 (resized).JPG
thehobbit (resized).jpg
COWBELL (resized).jpg
1z5t7k (resized).jpg
1z5t1w (resized).jpg
1z5sqg (resized).jpg
1z5smn (resized).jpg
6CAA253E-E99A-4D6C-9873-4F6EC5ECB7EA (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20171107-205605 (resized).png
3A69A498-9800-4304-9A49-D42795C95704 (resized).jpeg
728FE794-D3CD-4635-B701-0C306474C0EC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 6 years ago

I really like Hobbit. I do think it’s a game for a larger collection. And It seems the biggest criticism is long ball times and heavy multiballs. But, I’d love to play one with no Center post, hard outlanes, and steep pitch. It seems the software supports a more brutal setup too. The game isn’t about playing all 31 modes in one game.

#146 6 years ago

If this were a GB v XMEN v Hobbit thread; I'd take Hobbit anyday, everyday.

#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you enjoy it and don't plan on selling it at the moment, no bath was taken, and market value is irrelevant. When I bought Avatar LE, and I posted how much fun it was, the trolls were in full force berating me on what a monetary loss I would take. They'd never respond to my comments on the fun of the game - only the price. Telling. When I did end up selling it, I got like $200 less than what I paid for it...I enjoyed it for a few years and put about 2000 plays on that machine. There was no "loss" in my eyes.
BTW - how did you end up paying $7500 for X-Men LE? It was about $6300 NIB & the market never really took off on it.

Xmen was one of, if not the first preorder pin phenomenons. The LEs sold out quick and the hype train got huge on the game, the pics looked awesome and since there was no premium model, owners began selling their LE preorder spots for profit. Now I thought it was only a few hundred dollars but maybe some paid north of $7k? funny that when the game got released and people saw how big wolverine really was and the fact that the pin didn't know how to score properly, it began tanking fairly quick.

1 week later
#237 6 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Good lord, what kind of twisted and unique hell is this that you've imagined Levi? You're quite disturbed sometimes.

This is what it was set up like at Pinburgh, plus with lighting flippers iirc. I only got to play 1 game on it but it was quite a different experience from every other time I've played The Hobbit, which admittedly is only a few dozen times. It was a short game for all 4 players, so limiting ball times is certainly possible. I'd like to get in some more time on a machine set up like that.

I'd love to see a stream or video of a setup like his. Wonder if we could convince the buffalo guys to do one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-hobbits-fs-can%e2%80%99t-be-that-bad-right?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.