(Topic ID: 308321)

Why so many {HALLOWEEN///ULTRA MAN} for sale?

By BigBalls

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“In on Halloween or Ultraman”

• Hell yes 43 votes
    32%
  • Hell NO 91 votes
    68%

(134 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vette (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
AB5BE0E2-E47F-4C79-AB52-1CC631A644E6 (resized).jpeg
2BC8FC99-83C3-4A1D-954C-2778BEFB3430 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_n0tfb9M6l81rbhnqko1_500.gif
176E3824-AC71-4798-B06C-1C28D06BE04C (resized).jpeg
C3B05F12-073D-4433-A41C-E0661CC06A7E (resized).jpeg
4FAE1889-6B1A-403E-8735-B9DFD7EADECB (resized).jpeg
EE19A4CA-A649-4FE4-A462-91A8F6BDCB69 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1572267521668 (resized).jpg
k (resized).png
666AA808-E747-4EF8-849C-73E9057638D6.gif
3ADE34FE-83CC-4B29-B880-EBF6C48E9941 (resized).jpeg
322F646A-164C-409C-85D2-70C9C6634747 (resized).jpeg
BD8EC2ED-41BD-412C-8AEE-6A99DDCCFA33 (resized).png
C51A6250-C233-44CE-8771-6DA072501CC0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 2 years ago

What is going on at Spooky Pinball?

K-mans podcast hits the nail on the head.

What are molex connectors?

Why is the code not up to par?

Why so many issues with mechanicals and balls being stuck?

Why does it take so long for the ball to eject to the right flipper?

Refunds?

Dark days for Spooky?

Lies?

#2 2 years ago

You are the latest stir the pot guy but have to chuckle every time I see your name.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

You are the latest stir the pot guy but have to chuckle every time I see your name.

Inquiring minds want to know

#4 2 years ago

Why so many JJP GNR for sale?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Why so many JJP GNR for sale?

It’s expensive and not for everyone

#6 2 years ago

Why so many Stranger Things for $15K, why so many Elviras for $20K.
Cause the world has gone f*$kin mad is why!

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Connectors made by moles... a duh

giphy (4).gifgiphy (4).gif
#8 2 years ago

Do a search n00b

#9 2 years ago

Take your podcast off the paywall and I’ll pay for it

#10 2 years ago

Not sure. Why does every preorder slot have a backstory attached to it about why the seller can’t fit the game in their collection?

#11 2 years ago

21 Ultraman
20 Halloween
All listed for a loss?

I played Halloween at Jackbar and it was bad!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Take your podcast off the paywall and I’ll pay for it

5 dollars

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

All listed for a loss?

This is false!!!!

Edit: there's a guy selling it for more

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

21 Ultraman
20 Halloween
All listed for a loss?

What’s up Chris?

#15 2 years ago

So many are for sale because many bought just to flip thinking it would sell for $10,000. $11,000 $12,000 for a CE and that didn't happen . So now they just want their deposits back. Wanna stop these spot flippers, manufactures make it so you can only transfer a spot back to spooky if you dont want it then they can sell it again. That makes it only for people who pay in full, take delivery can resell on their own then. I have the game, Im enjoying it so far. Playing it in a location would not be great, at home, where its quiet, no other games on, and dark, that really brings this game to life.

halloween (resized).jpghalloween (resized).jpghaloween1 (resized).jpghaloween1 (resized).jpg
#16 2 years ago

Because it's simply not as good as their previous game

#17 2 years ago

Code is important to most people, and these games have not delivered. Go back and watch Karl DeAngelo's streams of Halloween and see for yourself. It's poetic in a way that the game is being coded by someone nicknamed Bug....rooting for Spooky and owners, but this is going to be a long, uphill battle.

#18 2 years ago

Played Halloween, not impressed. Game and layout is simply uninspiring. Understand there are many selling theirs.

#19 2 years ago

Nobody cares about Kenada’s podcast.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Nobody cares about Kenada’s podcast.

Hey

#21 2 years ago

Jackbar has been out of order a lot and paint rubbing off other Spooky pins lock down bars .

Could be the chicken grease.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Dark days for Spooky?

Meanwhile at Spooky headquarters...

giphy (5).gifgiphy (5).gif
#23 2 years ago

Maybe people are finally starting to realize crap games sell for a crap price. Nah, that will never be true again. I welcome more catastrophic pinball failures like these, Celts, and Cosmic Carnival to help keep prices down. Not every game can be a home run.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Meanwhile at Spooky headquarters...[quoted image]

All that money raining down should have gone into the games.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

21 Ultraman
20 Halloween
All listed for a loss?

0.016% of 1250 is nothing to panic over.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

What is going on at Spooky Pinball?
K-mans podcast hits the nail on the head.
Why is the code not up to par?
Why so many issues with mechanicals and balls being stuck?
Why does it take so long for the ball to eject to the right flipper?
Refunds?
Dark days for Spooky?
Lies?

why are there more JJP GNR's for sale? Ask yourself that.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

All that money raining down should have gone into the games.

Stacked and loaded games with a free motorized topper for $8999, code will get there just not fast enough for the impatient. I can't even get a free topper for a 25K Elvira with uneven glitter powdercoat issues.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why are there more JJP GNR's for sale? Ask yourself that.

Because they made and shipped 2k of them or more..

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Stacked and loaded games with a free motorized topper for $8999, code will get there just not fast enough for the impatient. I can't even get a free topper for a 25K Elvira with uneven glitter powdercoat issues.

That Shrinky dink topper.. Ha

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Jackbar has been out of order a lot and paint rubbing off other Spooky pins lock down bars .
Could be the chicken grease.

I'm pretty sure the one at Jackbar has been working fine for over a month now. when your name is bigballs, don't try to act like a dick.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I'm pretty sure the one at Jackbar has been working fine for over a month now. when your name is bigballs, don't try to act like a dick.

I knew I should have gone with BigD:ck instead of BigBalls

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

I knew I should have gone with BigD:ck instead of BigBalls

always listen to your family's advice.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

always listen to your family's advice.

NY C'ya soon

#35 2 years ago

Easy. Kaneda keeps using this term FOMO and after RM sold out the same day (to distros) everyone jumped on this game without actually playing it. I feel like people felt Spooky was going UP after RM and it appears by the reaction of the new game its backwards. Then the game end up at some locations and people played it. People had buyers remorse and wanted to sell. The problem is a lot of people had buyers remorse and wanted to sell at the SAME TIME driving down the price. If only a few people had second thoughts the price wouldn’t have nose dived the way it has. Right now there are people GIVING away their spot for NOTHING just pay the rest. I see some going for $500 OBO. The lesson here is STOP buying games without actually playing them. Forget the word FOMO and have some patience’s.

I personally do not like the layout, artwork, cgi fx on screen, this game isn’t for me, but for someone else it could be magic under glass. To each their own.

But stop buying things without giving it a second to think about it or at the very least play the game. Spending 10K on anything you should put just a little more time and thought into. Just my take.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Meanwhile at Spooky headquarters

Funny, but has long term damage been done here? Do you honestly think those people who are dumping the game left and right will repeat this mistake the next time around. Several distors who goggled up these games can’t sell them. Will they go all in with Spooky again? Spooky needs to hire some talented designers, engineers, and computer animators with all this money they just made. Otherwise will people buy again sight unseen. I doubt it when the price is 10k. NO WAY! So swim in the money today but what about the LONG TERM? It’s a good question.

#37 2 years ago

I don’t have any regrets. I love this game. Code is pretty good the way it is. I welcome any improvements or new modes in the future. Everybody can sell theirs if they want. Mines not for sale.

#38 2 years ago

People said the same thing with stranger things, I will be keeping my Halloween. I don't care what other people think.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Funny, but has long term damage been done here? Do you honestly think those people who are dumping the game left and right will repeat this mistake the next time around. Several distors who goggled up these games can’t sell them. Will they go all in with Spooky again? Spooky needs to hire some talented designers, engineers, and computer animators with all this money they just made. Otherwise will people buy again sight unseen. I doubt it when the price is 10k. NO WAY! So swim in the money today but what about the LONG TERM? It’s a good question.

I never even thought about the amount of pins distros might be holding that are not sold. It is possible the pins are not even sold out. Starts to get tricky. Good post. All we see is pinside and Facebook sales.

#40 2 years ago

Has anyone tried to strong-arm their deposit back?

Asking for a friend

#41 2 years ago

This is a little bit of a silly thread. Spooky is going to be just fine. UM and HW are shaping up really well with the latest code.

When I played Halloween and fell in love with it, getting a preorder from someone without getting scalped took a lot of work. I have no doubt what we’re seeing some of those scalpers jumping ship.

I don’t want there to be just one pinball company. I’m rooting for everyone to win in this space, but I’m especially rooting for Spooky.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Has anyone tried to strong-arm their deposit back?
Asking for a friend

DFFD01BC-62CF-47F0-8CD1-07657E2E5353.gifDFFD01BC-62CF-47F0-8CD1-07657E2E5353.gif

#43 2 years ago

In before the lock...

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Certain people are predicting that just because the code is behind/lacking now that it will be that way when the builds are finished, the assets and polished code will get there, just not fast enough for some. The end product will determine how fast the next game sells, not the current pot stirring and lack of faith that some have expressed.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Certain people are predicting that just because the code is behind/lacking now that it will be that way when the builds are finished...

Just as many people assuming it will be great when its done like you.

Also Guys, there's only like 2 mods on this site and threads dont get closed very quickly

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just as many people assuming it will be great when its done like you.

I predict both will be good games with enough decent code and assets. I could be wrong but not going to freak out until I see the finished product.

#48 2 years ago

It is a joke..

#49 2 years ago

I think (and hope) it's a matter of time, releasing two games at once was a bit ambitious especially for a small team

#50 2 years ago

Does anyone know the real team?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods
Shooter rods
There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-halloween-ultraman-for-sale?hl=briannawu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.