(Topic ID: 308321)

Why so many {HALLOWEEN///ULTRA MAN} for sale?

By BigBalls

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“In on Halloween or Ultraman”

• Hell yes 43 votes
    32%
  • Hell NO 91 votes
    68%

(134 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vette (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
AB5BE0E2-E47F-4C79-AB52-1CC631A644E6 (resized).jpeg
2BC8FC99-83C3-4A1D-954C-2778BEFB3430 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_n0tfb9M6l81rbhnqko1_500.gif
176E3824-AC71-4798-B06C-1C28D06BE04C (resized).jpeg
C3B05F12-073D-4433-A41C-E0661CC06A7E (resized).jpeg
4FAE1889-6B1A-403E-8735-B9DFD7EADECB (resized).jpeg
EE19A4CA-A649-4FE4-A462-91A8F6BDCB69 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1572267521668 (resized).jpg
k (resized).png
666AA808-E747-4EF8-849C-73E9057638D6.gif
3ADE34FE-83CC-4B29-B880-EBF6C48E9941 (resized).jpeg
322F646A-164C-409C-85D2-70C9C6634747 (resized).jpeg
BD8EC2ED-41BD-412C-8AEE-6A99DDCCFA33 (resized).png
C51A6250-C233-44CE-8771-6DA072501CC0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

BigBalls has apparently been BigBlocked from Pinside permanently. And nothing of value was lost.

Once Chris verified his account, it was just a matter of time

k (resized).pngk (resized).png
#202 2 years ago

A good thing I don't listen to peoples opinions on games, if so we would all own the same games. If you do not like a game don't buy it, there are many other pinball machines available. No need to hate on a pinball company the more people making pinball machines the better.

#203 2 years ago

I wish pinsiders would use the new hip term FOMO more often. It means “Fear Of Missing Out” for all you guys out of the loop. It’s one thing that’s bound to help push pinball into the mainstream.

#204 2 years ago

I think pinball bros are a thing now and terms like FOMO help us differentiate.

Quoted from Chisox:

I wish pinsiders would use the new hip term FOMO more often. It means “Fear Of Missing Out” for all you guys out of the loop.

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You lost any credibility as a poster the second you typed that out......

I assumed it was a joke?

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Once Chris verified his account, it was just a matter of time
[quoted image]

Haha yep. Unfortunately this likely isn't the first or last fake account he has. With his podcast thread taken down he has to create these accounts and start topics to try and stay "relevant"/pimp his show. Waiting for BigMouth to show up here any day.

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

If you do not like a game don't buy it, there are many other pinball machines available. No need to hate on a pinball company the more people making pinball machines the better.

It’s not as simple as don’t like don’t buy..In this environment if you don’t insta buy your out of luck (unless the game turns out be be a dud). The anti-consumer non refundable deposit before significant gameplay shown is the real culprit here.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Haha yep. Unfortunately this likely isn't the first or last fake account he has. With his podcast thread taken down he has to create these accounts and start topics to try and stay "relevant"/pimp his show. Waiting for BigMouth to show up here any day.

Looks like he's donating just enough to buy a week's worth of posting. Perhaps $5 per rejoin?

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Looks like he's donating just enough to buy a week's worth of posting. Perhaps $5 per rejoin?

It’s not Chris and that donation was made a year ago.

Likely friends with him and in the club tho.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

You guys would drool over my exotic car NFTs.

I've been selling NFTs of me right clicking and saving your NFTs. Making mad crypto bucks to use to start my own pinball company.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

What's so good about Stranger Things nowadays?

Same as when it first came out...Super fun pin, adrenaline rush, great soundtrack/music

#212 2 years ago

Mikey like Halloween. Mikey want Halloween. Mikey have 1 open spot in arcade before arcade busts at seams. Mike want

#213 2 years ago

We get it... we need a great code update. We're working on it. Even that angry podcaster says this is our best shooter, so yep... on the right track. Going forward, you'll see MUCH more of the games before sales launch. Thats why we've hired multiple full time programmers and directional humans. It just takes time. The people are in place, and thats the hard part.

And to everyone posting photos of sweet C8 Corvettes... LUCKY!!! And nice life skills to earn one.

I dig the old C3's... and you can literally trade a Bally Wms game for one. I know... I've basically done it twice. Maybe one day that C8 ship will roll in. The young man standing with the car in his grad photo is now one of those test & direction guys I mentioned (aka, Bug... son of Charlie)... get to know him. He's gonna be here hopefully making you all happy for a long time.

Be nice to each other people. Pinball is hard enough on our end, keep it fun on yours.

FB_IMG_1572267521668 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1572267521668 (resized).jpg
#214 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We get it... we need a great code update. We're working on it. Even that angry podcaster says this is our best shooter, so yep... on the right track. Going forward, you'll see MUCH more of the games before sales launch. Thats why we've hired multiple full time programmers and directional humans. It just takes time. The people are in place, and thats the hard part.
And to everyone posting photos of sweet C8 Corvettes... LUCKY!!! And nice life skills to earn one.
I dig the old C3's... and you can literally trade a Bally Wms game for one. I know... I've basically done it twice. Maybe one day that C8 ship will roll in. The young man standing with the car in his grad photo is now one of those test & direction guys I mentioned (aka, Bug... son of Charlie)... get to know him. He's gonna be here hopefully making you all happy for a long time.
Be nice to each other people. Pinball is hard enough on our end, keep it fun on yours.
[quoted image]

Now you got me back!

#215 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Damn Charlie you got me back!
Nice ride.

#216 2 years ago

Oldie but a goodie... couldn't get that car in high school so I waited till I was 50 something and traded an AFM for it.

We hear you all... and we have no intentions of letting everything we've worked for slip.

Stay Spooky! And man I'm ready for summer.

#217 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Those of us who buy your games see what you’re doing and support you.

Love that C3. I think it’s the most underrated generation of Corvette, myself - though I do love a C4.

This is my 1986 Gbody 911 Targa I daily drive. If you think sorting out electrical issues in a pinball machine is tough, try it with a 36 year old 911!

EE19A4CA-A649-4FE4-A462-91A8F6BDCB69 (resized).jpegEE19A4CA-A649-4FE4-A462-91A8F6BDCB69 (resized).jpeg
#218 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

This is my 1986 Gbody 911 Targa I daily drive

THAT!!! Oh wow what a sweet ride!!! They were meant to be driven right?!? And tinkering on them is half the fun. I've had to swap the entire brake system in this one so KT is safe to cruise all summer in it. She drives the wheels off this little red funmobile.

#219 2 years ago
tumblr_n0tfb9M6l81rbhnqko1_500.giftumblr_n0tfb9M6l81rbhnqko1_500.gif
#220 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Those of us who buy your games see what you’re doing and support you.
Love that C3. I think it’s the most underrated generation of Corvette, myself - though I do love a C4.
This is my 1986 Gbody 911 Targa I daily drive. If you think sorting out electrical issues in a pinball machine is tough, try it with a 36 year old 911! [quoted image]

I think I may have seen one 911 in my lifetime driving in the snow. Love it. Anyone can drive a 2021 Jeep Wrangler in the winter, but an ‘86 911 Targa? Now that’s driving.

Thanks for jumping into the cesspool Charlie. Seems some people prefer bitching and stirring it up to playing. I like playing and am still stoked for my game.

#221 2 years ago

Well I got this sweet ass ride, and an awesome game to go with it.

It was pinball or the car, so I did both!!

4FAE1889-6B1A-403E-8735-B9DFD7EADECB (resized).jpeg4FAE1889-6B1A-403E-8735-B9DFD7EADECB (resized).jpegC3B05F12-073D-4433-A41C-E0661CC06A7E (resized).jpegC3B05F12-073D-4433-A41C-E0661CC06A7E (resized).jpeg
#222 2 years ago

1158 pieces is almost as many as the real deal!

Night ya'll. Maybe one day we'll do a pinball & car show! Actually... thats kind of a kick a** idea.

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You lost any credibility as a poster the second you typed that out.

Let me state a fact here. What is the value of KPOP games (Theatre of Magic, Tales from the Arabian Knights, Magic Girl, Circus Voltaire and people really liked the art on RAZA. Look I'm not saying to actually hire KPOP, I'm saying he's available. If he designs a game, and someone like Spooky manufactured it would people line up for miles to buy it... ahhh yeah they would.

KPOP knows more about designing a pinball than everyone at Spooky combined times 10. With that being said I'm not saying hire him, I'm not saying hire Balcer, or any of the other free agents. I'm saying just HIRE someone with a proven track record of pinball design what is wrong in saying that. Personally I would love to buy a Magic Girl or RAZA both games look amazing. Unlike some people I wasn't dumb enough to go on impulse and hand over any money. I would NEVER give KPOP 50 cents in advance but if Stern hired him would you buy the game? Yes you would just like you bought a Bryan Eddie game. I can see it now Stern hires KPOP and everyone goes crazy talking trash, then his game is released and people or crawling all over themselves to buy it.

Like it or not Pinball buyers have short term memory when it comes to seeing something they want. Did people go back in on Big Lebowski, Aliens, etc? Ahh yeah they did, if American Pinball came out RIGHT NOW and said we bought the design rights to Magic Girl and its our next game what would happen? People would line up with money to buy it. Screw KPOP he's a thief, but what does that have to do with Magic Girl and buying it from American Pinball? Nothing. Are you going to actually sit here and say with a straight face if American Pinball a company we can trust, bought the RIGHTS to everything Magic Girl and produced the game it wouldn't sell like hot cakes? Magic Girl would be American Pinball biggest seller ever period!

But none of that is the point, because the point is there are proven designers out there with more experience than the current crew at Spooky. I am NOT a fan of Joe Balcer designs, but do you think he would have done a lot better job with Halloween? Yes and by ten miles.

Spooky needs someone over there to design the games end of story. I personally don't care who as long as they have a track record. Spooky should do what it has proven it can do which is manufacture, leave the designing to those better suited.

Spooky in my opinion needs to come out of the clouds dump the EGO, and admit our current team isn't good enough. Do you see Gary Stern designing pinball games? He's the leader, whomever is leading Spooky should LEAD the company to a new level. It starts by hiring talent. Have you ever heard the term 'everyone focus on what you're best at'. Spooky can manufacture, but can their current team design, create artwork, computer animation, do they have the engineers for mechs? Don't be the guy who thinks you can do it all because you will fail be the leader, create a winning team and score touchdowns not field goals.

Spooky has the everything they need now to take it to new heights a facility to build games and money. Now use that money to build an award winning team and then watch spooky grow!

#224 2 years ago

1158 pieces is almost as many as the real deal!
Night ya'll. Maybe one day we'll do a pinball & car show! Actually... thats kind of a kick a** idea.

Better yet, a full on pinball rally. Multiple locations, multiple challenges, etc. Local operators would love it.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Let me state a fact here. What is the value of KPOP games (Theatre of Magic, Tales from the Arabian Knights, Magic Girl, Circus Voltaire and people really liked the art on RAZA. Look I'm not saying to actually hire KPOP, I'm saying he's available. If he designs a game, and someone like Spooky manufactured it would people line up for miles to buy it... ahhh yeah they would.
KPOP knows more about designing a pinball than everyone at Spooky combined times 10. With that being said I'm not saying hire him, I'm not saying hire Balcer, or any of the other free agents. I'm saying just HIRE someone with a proven track record of pinball design what is wrong in saying that. Personally I would love to buy a Magic Girl or RAZA both games look amazing. Unlike some people I wasn't dumb enough to go on impulse and hand over any money. I would NEVER give KPOP 50 cents in advance but if Stern hired him would you buy the game? Yes you would just like you bought a Bryan Eddie game. I can see it now Stern hires KPOP and everyone goes crazy talking trash, then his game is released and people or crawling all over themselves to buy it.
Like it or not Pinball buyers have short term memory when it comes to seeing something they want. Did people go back in on Big Lebowski, Aliens, etc? Ahh yeah they did, if American Pinball came out RIGHT NOW and said we bought the design rights to Magic Girl and its our next game what would happen? People would line up with money to buy it. Screw KPOP he's a thief, but what does that have to do with Magic Girl and buying it from American Pinball? Nothing. Are you going to actually sit here and say with a straight face if American Pinball a company we can trust, bought the RIGHTS to everything Magic Girl and produced the game it wouldn't sell like hot cakes? Magic Girl would be American Pinball biggest seller ever period!
But none of that is the point, because the point is there are proven designers out there with more experience than the current crew at Spooky. I am NOT a fan of Joe Balcer designs, but do you think he would have done a lot better job with Halloween? Yes and by ten miles.
Spooky needs someone over there to design the games end of story. I personally don't care who as long as they have a track record. Spooky should do what it has proven it can do which is manufacture, leave the designing to those better suited.
Spooky in my opinion needs to come out of the clouds dump the EGO, and admit our current team isn't good enough. Do you see Gary Stern designing pinball games? He's the leader, whomever is leading Spooky should LEAD the company to a new level. It starts by hiring talent. Have you ever heard the term 'everyone focus on what you're best at'. Spooky can manufacture, but can their current team design, create artwork, computer animation, do they have the engineers for mechs? Don't be the guy who thinks you can do it all because you will fail be the leader, create a winning team and score touchdowns not field goals.
Spooky has the everything they need now to take it to new heights a facility to build games and money. Now use that money to build an award winning team and then watch spooky grow!

Bruh, what are you tripping about…

Also I’m curious, are you Larry/DrFrightner?

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Bruh, what are you tripping about…
Also I’m curious, are you Larry/DrFrightner?

Haha Dr TLDR

#227 2 years ago

Fear not.....Im sure SpookyCharlie will be studying your in-depth business analysis and recommendations and implementing them ASAP. Nothing better than free Pinside advice to help a pinball company survive and thrive. Ask CrazyLevi .

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why are there more JJP GNR's for sale? Ask yourself that.

I don't understand the point your putting forward.Are you comparing GnR to Halloween for their quality their looks
or just overall badassedness?

#229 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Nice vette!!! Love the C3’s!!!

176E3824-AC71-4798-B06C-1C28D06BE04C (resized).jpeg176E3824-AC71-4798-B06C-1C28D06BE04C (resized).jpeg
#230 2 years ago

Does this thread now validate carguements in pinball, as Charlie has now clearly confirmed an AFM = a C3. Therefore we have entered the Carpin Multiverse.

#232 2 years ago

You never know what BTS could do in the world of pinball design!

#233 2 years ago

Obviously he means, JPOP. He named all his games, just got the first letter wrong

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Obviously he means, JPOP. He named all his games, just got the first letter wrong

2BC8FC99-83C3-4A1D-954C-2778BEFB3430 (resized).jpeg2BC8FC99-83C3-4A1D-954C-2778BEFB3430 (resized).jpeg
#235 2 years ago

Cute…what an el-dwebo response…

AB5BE0E2-E47F-4C79-AB52-1CC631A644E6 (resized).jpegAB5BE0E2-E47F-4C79-AB52-1CC631A644E6 (resized).jpeg

…but not obvious to the original poster, general all knowing one…

#236 2 years ago

Funny, but has long term damage been done here?

No

Do you honestly think those people who are dumping the game left and right will repeat this mistake the next time around?

Yes

Several distors who goggled up these games can’t sell them. Will they go all in with Spooky again?

Yes

#237 2 years ago

If he designs a game, and someone like Spooky manufactured it would people line up for miles to buy it... ahhh yeah they would.

Not the people who have been following the JPOP threads over the past 7+ years. Or at least not without seeing gameplay first. He put out some nice games in the past but it's pretty clear he's incapable of designing a functioning game these days. He's probably best at art direction.

#238 2 years ago

And don’t forget all the people behind the scenes that engineered his ideas to actually make them work. He wasn’t able to complete a game without heaps of assistance.

#239 2 years ago

I just want Ultraman to have score displays I can read from a few feet away. Get rid of that stupid tiny retro display.

#240 2 years ago

JPOOP can't design or produce Jack shit.

GAME OVER

#241 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Still the best looking vette

#242 2 years ago

No idea how I missed this thread yesterday, but any thread that features Kaneda AND DrFrightener is worth a read. Takes me back to the glory days of Pinside.

I just don't understand why everyone keeps falling for the troll-bait.

My opinion? Halloween is a fun game. I'm guessing Ultraman might be the same.

#243 2 years ago
vette (resized).jpgvette (resized).jpg
#244 2 years ago

I ♡ pinside

#245 2 years ago

TNA 2.0 please!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-halloween-ultraman-for-sale/page/5?hl=theadicts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.