(Topic ID: 308321)

Why so many {HALLOWEEN///ULTRA MAN} for sale?

By BigBalls

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“In on Halloween or Ultraman”

• Hell yes 43 votes
    32%
  • Hell NO 91 votes
    68%

(134 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vette (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
AB5BE0E2-E47F-4C79-AB52-1CC631A644E6 (resized).jpeg
2BC8FC99-83C3-4A1D-954C-2778BEFB3430 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_n0tfb9M6l81rbhnqko1_500.gif
176E3824-AC71-4798-B06C-1C28D06BE04C (resized).jpeg
C3B05F12-073D-4433-A41C-E0661CC06A7E (resized).jpeg
4FAE1889-6B1A-403E-8735-B9DFD7EADECB (resized).jpeg
EE19A4CA-A649-4FE4-A462-91A8F6BDCB69 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1572267521668 (resized).jpg
k (resized).png
666AA808-E747-4EF8-849C-73E9057638D6.gif
3ADE34FE-83CC-4B29-B880-EBF6C48E9941 (resized).jpeg
322F646A-164C-409C-85D2-70C9C6634747 (resized).jpeg
BD8EC2ED-41BD-412C-8AEE-6A99DDCCFA33 (resized).png
C51A6250-C233-44CE-8771-6DA072501CC0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 2 years ago

Here is my self-serving plan to help Spooky Pinball tamp customer fears…
Halt production of Halloween & Ultraman to give your people time to refine the code and make it the great game we all know it can be.
While production on those games is halted, do a run of 500 TNA using your latest production upgrades and incorporate the fixes that folks have done in the field to make the game as bullet proof as it can be.
Everyone wins! (I win).

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

... Imagine the fun of trapping up to select a five iron for your next shot to the scoop for a birdie!

...I feel like you've bumbled into something that actually sounds really interesting and fun.

Spooky, listen to this guy!

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Here is my self-serving plan to help Spooky Pinball tamp customer fears…
Halt production of Halloween & Ultraman to give your people time to refine the code and make it the great game we all know it can be.
While production on those games is halted, do a run of 500 TNA using your latest production upgrades and incorporate the fixes that folks have done in the field to make the game as bullet proof as it can be.
Everyone wins! (I win).

#154 2 years ago

I was Talking to my students today And telling them that there’s a website where multi millionaires kick and scream while flopping around on the floor Over losing $2000. They just plum didn’t believe me.

#155 2 years ago

Only 3 weeks in and already thread of the year potential, running with the time capsule thread.

Could 2022 be the new 2018?
One can only hope and get the popcorn out

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Boy do I have a deal for you..A beautiful Godzilla LE low plays.
I need to get approval from my financial Palmer first. Edit *planner
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A Mando Pro and not an LE???? So disappointed, lol. GZ looks great!!

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

kick and scream while flopping around on the floor Over losing $2000. They just plum didn’t believe me.

Interesting.
Ask them to go without internet during lunch break.
Report back.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Retired at 45 After over20+years of owner operating three successful business ventures that I started from the ground up.
Yes, I sold all three companies. I am fine!
How are you doing.

I am doing just fine as well.

But since I am not narcissistic, I won't give a detail of my business dealings nor post pics of my expensive vehicles. I don't need the approval of others.

I'm here to discuss pinball.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am not narcissistic

Well I certainly am…I mean I can’t even go to the grocery store without my passenger seat filling up with panties

55EAF858-F78C-42FE-AB49-E57F098B1123 (resized).jpeg55EAF858-F78C-42FE-AB49-E57F098B1123 (resized).jpeg
#160 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Well I certainly am…I mean I can’t even go to the grocery store without my passenger seat filling up with panties
[quoted image]

Sweet ride. It's so much better at the top than the bottom.
The more money you make, the more problems you get and jealousy and envy is just something that comes with the territory.

American Dream is for anyone to have.
God bless the USA!

#161 2 years ago

Sorry, but this is the best color combo

D5BF5A57-67BF-49CB-80C7-7D9B8B908F28 (resized).jpegD5BF5A57-67BF-49CB-80C7-7D9B8B908F28 (resized).jpeg
#162 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

Ha!! We all bought the same car..
Congrats man!

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

That is awesome, but I got to say (and maybe I go over to the Unpopular Opinion thread instead), but I saw this parked 3 spots from me during holiday shopping and stared at it for like 10 minutes. This may be my favorite I've seen.

I need a towel... (resized).jpgI need a towel... (resized).jpg

I'm far from ever owning a Vette. I live in the Northeast, I'm a single parent in my 30s, and I don't even have a garage. But I just did a cash-out refi and it's taking all my willpower to actually put it towards a home remodel and not spring for a "passenger seat full of panties".

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I have been pulling as hard as anyone for Spooky, but the time has come for them to "step it up" a notch or two in terms of engineering, coding, designs, and manufacturing. I think there were a lot of people who acknowledged that perhaps the games were slightly lacking in some areas when compared with the established manufacturers, but they bought anyway because of the desire to support the "underdog" new company and get some themes/licenses that Stern, et al. would likely decline. (If you recall, at the time AMH was launched there was a lot less variety of interesting themes on the market than we have today.)
So, it was basically OK that Spooky was just a sophisticated hobby operation when they launched the first couple of games, as people could look past the deficiencies because they had also bought into Spooky as a "concept". Now that they have made a few games, I think expectations are higher regarding the machines themselves, and it's definitely time for them to explore bringing some experienced (and formally trained) staff on board in order to refine and debug the designs and get things to a level that's consistent with Stern, CGC, AP, etc.

This is kind of a tough topic to chew through. You don't get innovation or new ideas by hiring the same pool of been there / done that people. I don't care what anyone else says, R&M hands down beats almost every Stern game released in the last 10 years IMO, even with it's initial clunk issues, and what appears to be a barer playfield than Stern/JJP. That being said, I'm not really a fan of any of the other Spooky games. I have not had a chance to play HWN/ULT yet, but I knew from the reveal that I probably wasn't interested. I do believe most of the hype/fomo about these games was because of how well R&M was received combined with the last 2-3 years gotta buy everything because it might go up in value mentality. What many failed to realize is that Spooky is still a small company, and the coding is slower than some others. We got lucky that R&M turned out as amazing as it did, because it could easily have sucked --- but then that can be said for every pinball machine being made where the code is half baked at release. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, they are ALL guilty of this to varying degrees on every single game being released.

Back to the point though - there is nothing wrong with new people in development. I'm not a fan boy of any of the manufacturers really, or any specific designer. There are games I love/hate from them all. Not only that, there are other experienced people involved in the development of HWN/ULT -- the problem I think is when the people involved are not passionate about the theme to begin with. They are less likely to come up with cool rulesets if they aren't interested in the theme. The reason R&M is a good example is you could tell from the ruleset that Eric was a massive fan of the theme - and really the only thing holding back the game being even better was the licensing.

#165 2 years ago

So is this the part of the thread where we all show off our super expensive vehicles .... well, feast your eyes on this beauty I bought 2 weeks ago...

20220103_192720 (resized).jpg20220103_192720 (resized).jpg20220113_092229 (resized).jpg20220113_092229 (resized).jpg20220113_092244 (resized).jpg20220113_092244 (resized).jpg20220113_092337 (resized).jpg20220113_092337 (resized).jpg
#166 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The more money you make, the more problems you get and jealousy and envy is just something that comes with the territory.
God bless the USA!

Only a rich person born into wealth or at least very comfortable circumstances and thinks they did it on their own, thinks that “the more money you have, the more problems you get".

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

So is this the part of the thread where we all show off our super expensive vehicles .... well, feast your eyes on this beauty I bought 2 weeks ago...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That truck looks a lot more fun than some shiny car in a parking lot that screams look at me and my tiny penis.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

look at me and my tiny penis.

Careful Frank might start posting pictures.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Your truck pics made me think of my old ride Pepe. Damn I miss that thing!

33149781-5357-4616-92BC-1664AAF459F5 (resized).jpeg33149781-5357-4616-92BC-1664AAF459F5 (resized).jpeg
#171 2 years ago
PINSIDE (resized).jpgPINSIDE (resized).jpg
#172 2 years ago

Don;t worry you'll be able to sell an EM and get a Halloween sport soon

#173 2 years ago

Ha. It's because we keep giving massive deposits to pinball companies with little or no production capability that spend the money however they please. Why produce a game?? Broken EM's are quite attractive these days. I love them.

#174 2 years ago

Look closer, appears Cosmo got a sweet deal on the truck AND NIB!!
C51A6250-C233-44CE-8771-6DA072501CC0 (resized).jpegC51A6250-C233-44CE-8771-6DA072501CC0 (resized).jpeg

#175 2 years ago

<insert joke about cargument here>

#176 2 years ago

I played Halloween a few months ago and didn't think it was that bad. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was one of the more interesting games at the location. The code was shameful, but the shots felt good; better than RZ or ACNC for sure. The art and audio were also solid and I could see it being a real experience to play in the dark. This was before the bad reviews really started rolling in. I only played about a dozen games, but now I really wish I had played more to see if I would see what's sinking this ship. It's definitely been a rough rollout.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Love this.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Ha!! We all bought the same car..
Congrats man!

That’s because we’re actually all a bunch of broke dicks who can’t afford the real thing.

BD8EC2ED-41BD-412C-8AEE-6A99DDCCFA33 (resized).pngBD8EC2ED-41BD-412C-8AEE-6A99DDCCFA33 (resized).png
#179 2 years ago

My ultraman is up for sale simply because I have spent too much money on pinball and I can’t keep funding all these deposits for games. I love the theme but I got to start scaling back the collection

#180 2 years ago

My conveyance, along with my Citibike key.

Hey it’s a lot cheaper, and I get some exercise!

322F646A-164C-409C-85D2-70C9C6634747 (resized).jpeg322F646A-164C-409C-85D2-70C9C6634747 (resized).jpeg
#181 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My conveyance, along with my Citibike key.
Hey it’s a lot cheaper, and I get some exercise!
[quoted image]

Public transportation!?!
Yikes I hope you have a ccw permit.
Dont homeless nuts push people in front of subway cars in the Big Apple?

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Public transportation!?!
Yikes I hope you have a ccw permit.
Dont homeless nuts push people in front of subway cars in the Big Apple?

I mean, yeah...but still easier to deal with than finding or paying for a parking space!

I take the bikes whenever possible anyway, or cabs.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

who does your lawn?

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

who does your lawn?

Local goats

#185 2 years ago

Spooky is a good company that listens to us the consumer, unlike another unmentioned co that goes radio silent at the first sign of trouble.

Want to see them fix this so the mob will put down their pitch forks and return to liking Spooky again.
1. Since so many are willing to lose at least $1k, refund those that want out, $1k or half their deposit as a restocking charge. After code matures and if their spot has not been taken by others, let them opt back in for the $1k they were refunded.
2. This shows good faith on Spooky’s part in their product and allows others to not feel trapped. This demonstrates to the community, future sales are more important than a one time $1k charge so many abandoned to never return again. Everybody’s happy to an extent and the torches are put away.
3. Spooky is trying real hard to figure this one out and please everyone without ticking off those that have received their machines already. Code will take a year to sort, so let it take the time, which is what Spooky is use to doing. Next machine will be further along I’m sure.

Hope the best for Spooky, we need them in the pinball world to keep things interesting and would hate to have a misstep like this harm future sales. (Best solution is refund all the deposit, less CC fees. Keeping disgruntled people’s money will never serve Spooky well in the end.)

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

At least his got his priorities straight. $40,000 worth of pins and a 400 dollar truck

#187 2 years ago

(edit) On second thought, I’m not getting involved. This thread is dumb.

#188 2 years ago

BigBalls turned into BigDick swinging contests.

The trap was set, the bait was taken…

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I have been pulling as hard as anyone for Spooky, but the time has come for them to "step it up" a notch or two in terms of engineering, coding, designs, and manufacturing.

This company in my opinion is back to being a HOMEBREW company with Halloween. They really started to fall into place with RM, then all those guys left the company, putting them back to square one. At some point an alarm bell should have gone off there after looking at their bank account... hey we can hire someone to improve our games on EVERY level? But no they went a different direction with someone who had never designed anything. One step forward TEN steps back. I honestly think Spooky has severely damaged their company, brand loyalty, and their ability to collect up front deposits on their next game. Even their biggest fans will be like maybe I should play it first. Spooky in the past was smart in only offering 500 games total, which created a quick demand. But now they're offer 1,250 games, this creates the option of maybe I should wait and see. Whatever the next title is from Spooky they probably need to go back to the 500 title, or make a HUGE announcement of hiring KPOP, or some of the top guys from Deep Root, or stealing a designer from another company.

Who is honestly going to buy another game designed by the exact same group who did Halloween? People really need to STOP saying 'CODE' can fix the game... ahhh NO! This group thought to powder coat halloween game GOLD nothing else needs to be said.

Quoted from snaroff:

I made the incorrect assumption that the next title would rock.

I'm going to say something here that a lot of people probably never considered but here it goes... because SPOOKY only makes ONE TITLE a year or every year and some changes the games get drudged thru the mud a lot more than a Stern.

Let me give you an example... LED ZEP is not a great layout, great theme not a great layout. Stern didn't give you long to drag it thru the Mud here comes MANDO! Again Mando honestly isn't that great either, but that's okay because here comes GODZILLA which is awesome. In the span that Spooky released the disaster Halloween, Stern more or less released Led Zep, Mando, Godzilla now Rush. You can't dwell on one thing, because they bring the excitement before a lot of people can figure out Mando just isn't that good. Spooky on the other hand has their conversation focus on the SAME THING for MONTHS AND MONTHS and MONTHS... while they're still trying to make game number 600, Stern has already released another couple new games.

If you're going to take a year to release a new game you need to make sure you did it right because that game is going thru several phases as did Halloween.

PURE EXCITMENT - FOMO STAGE - Can't wait to play it - Played it a couple times it was fun (its always fun to play something new btw) to oh wait I played it again and again, this broke, this flaw, that flaw and it goes on and on for months. Again while everyone is finding every flaw with Halloween, Stern just had 10 more games come out.

This will always be the case which is why I think all the suppliers shouldn't make games until the demand is exhausted. Every flaw of that game is talked about over and over until they finally do something new. In Halloween's case there are so many flaws we've created the buyers remorse club wondering how do I get out of this. Spooky needs to hire experienced talent and make that announcement otherwise I really feel their next game will suffer.

One last thing Spooky games really are the pinside community, the toughest crowd, whereas Stern has buyers thru channels Spooky never has access to. You must design a great game because you'll get this treatment every time.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Spooky is a good company that listens to us the consumer, unlike another unmentioned co that goes radio silent at the first sign of trouble.
Want to see them fix this so the mob will put down their pitch forks and return to liking Spooky again.
1. Since so many are willing to lose at least $1k, refund those that want out, $1k or half their deposit as a restocking charge. After code matures and if their spot has not been taken by others, let them opt back in for the $1k they were refunded.
2. This shows good faith on Spooky’s part in their product and allows others to not feel trapped. This demonstrates to the community, future sales are more important than a one time $1k charge so many abandoned to never return again. Everybody’s happy to an extent and the torches are put away.
3. Spooky is trying real hard to figure this one out and please everyone without ticking off those that have received their machines already. Code will take a year to sort, so let it take the time, which is what Spooky is use to doing. Next machine will be further along I’m sure.
Hope the best for Spooky, we need them in the pinball world to keep things interesting and would hate to have a misstep like this harm future sales.

I'm all for Spooky doing your good faith suggestion as soon as the TNA and R&M buyers give Spooky back some of those windfall profits made on the secondary market. Since the buyers were acting in good faith, of course. This would build up trust toward Spooky that they aren't selling machines to a bunch of flakes.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don’t think 20 VOCAL critics = mass regret.

And by 20 you mean 6.

#192 2 years ago

You guys would drool over my exotic car NFTs.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

FOMO STAGE - Can't wait to play it - Played it a couple times it was fun (its always fun to play something new btw)....

Objection your Honor; People vs. Ghostbusters

#194 2 years ago
3ADE34FE-83CC-4B29-B880-EBF6C48E9941 (resized).jpeg3ADE34FE-83CC-4B29-B880-EBF6C48E9941 (resized).jpeg
#195 2 years ago

BigBalls has apparently been BigBlocked from Pinside permanently. And nothing of value was lost.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Why so many JJP GNR for sale?

Great point, and I would imagine for the same reason these are, just not a lot of fun to shoot and play.

#197 2 years ago

HUGE announcement of hiring KPOP, or some of the top guys from Deep Root

You lost any credibility as a poster the second you typed that out......

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Public transportation!?! Dont homeless nuts push people in front of subway cars in the Big Apple?

Kramer, not just in front of subway cars, also off of them…you are from NY how do you not know this !!

666AA808-E747-4EF8-849C-73E9057638D6.gif666AA808-E747-4EF8-849C-73E9057638D6.gif
#199 2 years ago

Whatever the next title is from Spooky they probably need to go back to the 500 title, or make a HUGE announcement of hiring KPOP, or some of the top guys from Deep Root, or stealing a designer from another company.

Imagine coming up with this take. Good grief, we've really seen it all now.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

God bless the USA!

So ... all of a sudden Frank's not so special. Lots of guys have cool corvettes. Shame. I was building a shrine with your posts of infinite wisdom to pray at.. hoping some day I can be you. Then I was like F it.. snaroff is a cooler dude and my son and I like his car better. I mean, who matches there's pinball games to their vette.. yeah HE does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-halloween-ultraman-for-sale/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.