(Topic ID: 308321)

Why so many {HALLOWEEN///ULTRA MAN} for sale?

By BigBalls

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SNES
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“In on Halloween or Ultraman”

• Hell yes 43 votes
    32%
  • Hell NO 91 votes
    68%

(134 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vette (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
AB5BE0E2-E47F-4C79-AB52-1CC631A644E6 (resized).jpeg
2BC8FC99-83C3-4A1D-954C-2778BEFB3430 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_n0tfb9M6l81rbhnqko1_500.gif
176E3824-AC71-4798-B06C-1C28D06BE04C (resized).jpeg
C3B05F12-073D-4433-A41C-E0661CC06A7E (resized).jpeg
4FAE1889-6B1A-403E-8735-B9DFD7EADECB (resized).jpeg
EE19A4CA-A649-4FE4-A462-91A8F6BDCB69 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1572267521668 (resized).jpg
k (resized).png
666AA808-E747-4EF8-849C-73E9057638D6.gif
3ADE34FE-83CC-4B29-B880-EBF6C48E9941 (resized).jpeg
322F646A-164C-409C-85D2-70C9C6634747 (resized).jpeg
BD8EC2ED-41BD-412C-8AEE-6A99DDCCFA33 (resized).png
C51A6250-C233-44CE-8771-6DA072501CC0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 2 years ago

FOMO and blindly following a podcaster's advice and buying before seeing game play can be costly. I remember people saying they're glad there is no game play before the order date because Spooky deserves better.

#52 2 years ago

In todays world a negative tweet can take a person down. let alone a lot of unhappy customers and bad reviews of a game.

Time will tell but this is a shit show.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

0.016% of 1250 is nothing to panic over.

Downvote for terrible math skills, but agreed a couple dozens spots being for sale doesn’t affect Spooky a single iota.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does anyone know the real team?

Good question. Seems all internal sourced except software who also did ACNC/RZ.
Haven’t followed as close until last few days.
Could be wrong.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Code is important to most people, and these games have not delivered. Go back and watch Karl DeAngelo's streams of Halloween and see for yourself. It's poetic in a way that the game is being coded by someone nicknamed Bug....rooting for Spooky and owners, but this is going to be a long, uphill battle.

In my case I never saw any footage of the Halloween pin ahead of time, I just saw one by chance at my local pinball place and played it. Turns out I really liked it so I bought the unopened one they had at that location (CE #3) so I got it really early, it's actually my favorite Spooky game. Having said that it was definitely shipped with code that was more alpha than beta, something that was made more obvious to me once I put Godzilla right next to it. Plus it is a game very much based on the ambience it creates which gets totally lost on location, that really can only be appreciated in a home environment. I still love it but then again the movie to me is a classic so there is that.

#56 2 years ago

#71 it's a top 100

I am pulling for No Good Gofers to make a late run!
73898800-556D-4D16-95CC-CF9B8553F2AA (resized).jpeg73898800-556D-4D16-95CC-CF9B8553F2AA (resized).jpeg

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Has anyone tried to strong-arm their deposit back?
Asking for a friend

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

#71 it's a top 100
I am pulling or No Good Gofers to make a late run!
[quoted image]

Uff in Spooky's defense NGG software is kind of garbage too...and complete

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff in Spooky's defense NGG software is kind of garbage too...and conplete

Better topper?

#60 2 years ago

All this bitching from people that shat all over Stranger Things when it came out and are now tripping over themselves to track one down.

I'm in on a Halloween CE and can't wait to get mine

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

All this bitching from people that shat all over Stranger Things when it came out and are now tripping over themselves to track one down.
I'm in on a Halloween CE and can't wait to get mine

What's so good about Stranger Things nowadays?

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

What's so good about Stranger Things nowadays?

There’s a lot of content/modes in the game to keep a home owner busy on a relatively mundane fan layout.

Home owners want a broad game with a lot of stuff to easily see, with some carrots on a stick to keep them coming back. It’s why some UM/HWN owners have been growing bored with the game… just not much to see and do (yet).

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff in Spooky's defense NGG software is kind of garbage too...and complete

Hey now, NGG is pinball perfection.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

NGG is in a close race with Halloween for #71 place. Help a Gofer out.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It's really not. It's a golfing game that has no real advantage for getting a lower golf score. Its fundamentally flawed

#66 2 years ago

What interests me is why do you have an Ultraman spot for sale but you won’t actually sell it?

I’ve sent you probably 10 PMs inquiring about what number your spot is and indicating my interest to buy it, but I haven’t gotten a response back for several weeks.

Is your UM spot for sale or not?

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's really not. It's a golfing game that has no real advantage for getting a lower golf score. Its fundamentally flawed

Thems fightin words.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hence the name of the game.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

What interests me is why do you have an Ultraman spot for sale but you won’t actually sell it?
I’ve sent you probably 10 PMs inquiring about what number your spot is and indicating my interest to buy it, but I haven’t gotten a response back for several weeks.

$1250 you want it?

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

$1250 you want it?

Lol - it was $900 2 minutes ago. Now it’s $1250?

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Lol - it was $900 2 minutes ago. Now it’s $1250?

Inflation

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Downvote for terrible math skills, but agreed a couple dozens spots being for sale doesn’t affect Spooky a single iota.

How is that terrible math skills? Apparently you don’t know how to get a percentage. Maybe if you did you wouldn’t make a smart ass comment. You divide total number 1250 total pins being built into 20 that are up for sale. Learn up on your math skills son and not use common core math.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:Hence the name of the game.

In the time it took you to type that and me to respond to it 1 player got 3 Cart Attacks!

#74 2 years ago

There is always one.

B9703BDF-C18D-48B3-9463-45E6FB1E3998 (resized).jpegB9703BDF-C18D-48B3-9463-45E6FB1E3998 (resized).jpeg
4F09CF54-84E1-4144-88EB-C0419BC1EF42 (resized).jpeg4F09CF54-84E1-4144-88EB-C0419BC1EF42 (resized).jpeg

#75 2 years ago

Sent you a PM with basic details inquiry…

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Sent you a PM with basic details inquiry…

Thinking of putting the game on route. I will know soon.

#77 2 years ago

How is that terrible math skills? Apparently you don’t know how to get a percentage. Maybe if you did you wouldn’t make a smart ass comment. You divide total number 1250 total pins being built into 20 that are up for sale. Learn up on your math skills son and not use common core math.

Don’t want to be a jerk but your original number was actually incorrect. If you divide 20 by 1250 you do get .016, but that doesn’t equate to .016%, it would be 1.6%.

#78 2 years ago

Lol. Doubling down on basic math mistakes. You’re only off by a factor of 100.

#79 2 years ago

Lol. Oof.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

never even thought about the amount of pins distros might be holding that are not sold

I can PROMISE YOU Distros did not sell them all! Also people need to stop saying the game sold out in 45 minutes or whatever that is non-sense. Distros bought these games essentially sight unseen because they need product to sell thinking it would just sell itself. Stern has backorders for months, JJP can't make games fast enough... look at AP they're selling games because people want to BUY! Dealers are buying anything they can get their hands on. BTW there is a difference between a DISTRO and a DEALER almost EVERY SINGLE person you buy from is actually a DEALER. And dealers a lot of times buy stock of Sterns from the big DISTROS for the home market. I can promise you DEALERS are sitting on several of these games and they might have to eat them, or heavily discount in the future. Keep in mind DEALERS don't get these games all at once, they get them trickled over time. Think about this as well... buyers remorse is so HIGH for this game, some dealers might have people telling them forget it keep it won't pay the balance then what? I can tell you one thing I WILL NEVER DO AGAIN give up $2k in advance of actually playing the game for a line spot. Ridiculous. NO WAY!

Quoted from manadams:

I predict both will be good games with enough decent code and assets

Code can't save this game. I don't know why people on pinside think code is the answer to everything. Will Code fix the layout flaws of LZ? How can CODE fix Halloween layout? This might be the worst layout I've ever seen. Lets take the Halloween version half the playfield is covered by either a fake knife, massive artwork over the out lanes, two upper playfields, I mean c'mon how does code help that? How does code fix the artwork which in my opinion is just not good. How does code fix the MULTIBALL insert error? How does code help the awful topper where you can see the mech moving it? How does code help with all the IT PENNYWISE balloon looking blood drops all over the playfield? Look at the CGI or the lack of CLIPS... short of them hiring a really high end professional company to create all new FX how does code change any of that? Hopefully you see my point. How does code help that pretty much the entire team who created RM left the company and they didn't hire one experienced pinball designer to replace them?

Quoted from manadams:

Certain people are predicting that just because the code is behind/lacking now</blockquote

The people who're predicting that are trying to sell their game or plan on it (LOL). They are people saying to themselves OMG I might get stuck with this. I already own the game how much of a bath will I take. I'll make a prediction... the game will be selling for about 6k within 18 months.

I don’t want there to be just one pinball company

I don't either. I love the fact we have more pinball companies than ever before and too bad Deep Root didn't work out. This is a great time for pinball but why does Spooky get all these free passes? They made a ton of money off RM, why didn't they take your loyalty for their company serious? Why didn't they go out to HIRE some really well known pinball guy to help the company. I mean everyone at Deep Root got fired, why not hire some of them? They lost just about everyone from the RM team, and didn't replace them with experienced designers. Who with a STRAIGHT face is going to tell me right now Spooky took a STEP FORWARD with Halloween? If you thought Spooky took a HUGE step forward with RM, what is Halloween? Spooky needs to go out there and HIRE some people, use the money and hire some real talent but do they? Nope? I don't think people should blindly support any company that doesn't at least TRY to improve.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Has anyone tried to strong-arm their deposit back?

I'm a HUGE HORROR guy so I bought Halloween sight unseen. I called the big dealer (won't mention which one) and asked if I could get a refund after I played the game. They said NO. I was like hey if you have a line two miles long to buy this game why not just switch mine to another person. Nope. Why because dealers don't want to get stuck with them either. There is the double standard, I had a friend who bought a USED Elivra LE, I helped him land that deal. He at first didn't want to buy it because he had already put a $1000 deposit on an Elvira Premium with the SAME exact dealer. Guess what that dealer said to him... man I got a list four miles long for Elvira no problem. Guess what he got his money back and that dealer was HAPPY to give him his money back and why? Because now that dealer can sell that game for $12,000 to someone else. The demand is just that high for Elvira.

But Halloween nope you're stuck with it sorry. So I had to sell the spot at a $1000 loss. Oh well lesson learned.

#81 2 years ago

There are some rather salty flippers here in this thread, lol!

#82 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#83 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

There are some rather salty flippers here in this thread, lol!

No lifeguards in these shark infested waters.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It’s not for sale. He’s been called out on it numerous times. And he’ll never respond to you if you mention it. He’s just a Kaneda Kid Klub mouthpiece.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No lifeguards in these shark infested waters.

Lifeguard isn’t going to save you from buying spots to flip.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

I can PROMISE YOU Distros did not sell them all! Also people need to stop saying the game sold out in 45 minutes or whatever that is non-sense. Distros bought these games essentially sight unseen because they need product to sell thinking it would just sell itself. Stern has backorders for months, JJP can't make games fast enough... look at AP they're selling games because people want to BUY! Dealers are buying anything they can get their hands on. BTW there is a difference between a DISTRO and a DEALER almost EVERY SINGLE person you buy from is actually a DEALER. And dealers a lot of times buy stock of Sterns from the big DISTROS for the home market. I can promise you DEALERS are sitting on several of these games and they might have to eat them, or heavily discount in the future. Keep in mind DEALERS don't get these games all at once, they get them trickled over time. Think about this as well... buyers remorse is so HIGH for this game, some dealers might have people telling them forget it keep it won't pay the balance then what? I can tell you one thing I WILL NEVER DO AGAIN give up $2k in advance of actually playing the game for a line spot. Ridiculous. NO WAY!

Code can't save this game. I don't know why people on pinside think code is the answer to everything. Will Code fix the layout flaws of LZ? How can CODE fix Halloween layout? This might be the worst layout I've ever seen. Lets take the Halloween version half the playfield is covered by either a fake knife, massive artwork over the out lanes, two upper playfields, I mean c'mon how does code help that? How does code fix the artwork which in my opinion is just not good. How does code fix the MULTIBALL insert error? How does code help the awful topper where you can see the mech moving it? How does code help with all the IT PENNYWISE balloon looking blood drops all over the playfield? Look at the CGI or the lack of CLIPS... short of them hiring a really high end professional company to create all new FX how does code change any of that? Hopefully you see my point. How does code help that pretty much the entire team who created RM left the company and they didn't hire one experienced pinball designer to replace them?

I don't either. I love the fact we have more pinball companies than ever before and too bad Deep Root didn't work out. This is a great time for pinball but why does Spooky get all these free passes? They made a ton of money off RM, why didn't they take your loyalty for their company serious? Why didn't they go out to HIRE some really well known pinball guy to help the company. I mean everyone at Deep Root got fired, why not hire some of them? They lost just about everyone from the RM team, and didn't replace them with experienced designers. Who with a STRAIGHT face is going to tell me right now Spooky took a STEP FORWARD with Halloween? If you thought Spooky took a HUGE step forward with RM, what is Halloween? Spooky needs to go out there and HIRE some people, use the money and hire some real talent but do they? Nope? I don't think people should blindly support any company that doesn't at least TRY to improve.

I'm a HUGE HORROR guy so I bought Halloween sight unseen. I called the big dealer (won't mention which one) and asked if I could get a refund after I played the game. They said NO. I was like hey if you have a line two miles long to buy this game why not just switch mine to another person. Nope. Why because dealers don't want to get stuck with them either. There is the double standard, I had a friend who bought a USED Elivra LE, I helped him land that deal. He at first didn't want to buy it because he had already put a $1000 deposit on an Elvira Premium with the SAME exact dealer. Guess what that dealer said to him... man I got a list four miles long for Elvira no problem. Guess what he got his money back and that dealer was HAPPY to give him his money back and why? Because now that dealer can sell that game for $12,000 to someone else. The demand is just that high for Elvira.
But Halloween nope you're stuck with it sorry. So I had to sell the spot at a $1000 loss. Oh well lesson learned.

NO MORE FREE PASSES FOR SPOOKY. Diapers are off with a big poo in them and now time for big boy pants.(don't sh:t them).
You want to take cash money for deposits than you need to run a company competently.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Lifeguard isn’t going to save you from buying spots to flip.

Not Spooky for sure. I have to agree on that.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not Spooky for sure. I have to agree on that.

You should of bought more EHOH preorders to flip. How the heck are you going to afford the hobby if you aren’t monetizing off preorders? Amirite?

#89 2 years ago

People are fickle. FOMO and the momentum of publicity (first great and now poor) spurred the purchases and listings.

I’ve had 163 in house for 30 days. There’s a lot of good things…there are some bad things. Frankly, I can understand why some of the bad things would make owners ‘jump ship’. I’m not sure they can be 100% fixed. (Hate having to shoot for the house only to miss the spinners, and then wait for the ball to drop through the sanitarium to the jack o lantern and return to the flipper elevator before getting another crack. Flow killer.)

Nevertheless, I’ll be holding on to mine. The good and unique aspects are pretty damn cool and worth owning. Love the art, sound, Music, Code (except for lack of mode timeouts) and the flipper elevators are cool along with toys/gimmicks.

Although the games are nothing alike in terms of play or layout, this game brings similar emotional response from me as Ghostbusters: always brings a smile, always pisses me off, always keeps me playing ‘one more game’. …that definitely means that pros will be listed at 3x their original purchase price in 4 years.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's like saying Caddyshack is a shitty golf movie because you never see a leaderboard with their scores. The game is unlicensed Caddyshack--it's supposed to be about mayhem caused by gophers on a golf course, not how far under par you score.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You should of bought more EHOH preorders to flip. How the heck are you going to afford the hobby if you aren’t monetizing off preorders? Amirite?

Quoted from Palmer:

Retired at 45 After over20+years of owner operating three successful business ventures that I started from the ground up.
Yes, I sold all three companies. I am fine!
How are you doing.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Stacked and loaded games with a free motorized topper for $8999

This is considered by many to be "good". I disagree wholeheartedly.

#93 2 years ago

Halloween is just a terrible playing game. No excitement whatsoever. This game is more for a horror movie collector who has no idea what a good pinball machine is.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And yet I can't find one for under 5.5K anymore...bah .

Anyway, people are selling because they were either speculating and now can't make money, played it and don't like it, or just want the money they have tied up in it for something else and plan to get one later. Seems kind of straightforward but maybe I'm over simplifying it in my head?

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

And yet I can't find one for under 5.5K anymore...bah .
Anyway, people are selling because they were either speculating and now can't make money, played it and don't like it, or just want the money they have tied up in it for something else and plan to get one later. Seems kind of straightforward but maybe I'm over simplifying it in my head?

Maybe it's just not good product.
Don't think spooky's little code updates are going to save it either. Halloween troubles me more than Ultraman.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Retired at 45 After over20+years of owner operating three successful business ventures that I started from the ground up.
Yes, I sold all three companies. I am fine!
How are you doing.

Don't be so humble...you forgot your 4th business of scalping preorder spots and NIB games.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Don't be so humble...you forgot your 4th business of scalping preorder spots and NIB games.

Then lets go 5th .. 4th would have to be the property's i picked up and sold this year. Is that a flip?

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Then lets go 5th .. 4th would have to be the property's i picked up and sold this year. Is that a flip?

6th if stocks and crypto that i buy low and sell high or short..You might considered that a business. Normal day for me.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

That Shrinky dink topper.. Ha

I came here to defend Shrinky Dinks… back in the day they were incredible!! While I never had the “Halloween” Shrinky Dinks, I did have Smurfs, Alf, Mr. T., He-Man & The Masters of The Universe!

I’m going to say that the best physical / game play “Toppers” of all time are Whirlwind / Twister blowing wind at your face when playing a game followed by the latest CGC on Cactus Canyon Remake. Those physical / & interaction with the player are amazing. As for the Halloween Topper it’s a great theme integration & simple mechanic which is more of a way to display the games title in a neat simple mechanical way, and to that they perfectly hit the nail on the head.

069F5A9A-D7A9-41DF-B520-A5976C8CAAE4 (resized).jpeg069F5A9A-D7A9-41DF-B520-A5976C8CAAE4 (resized).jpeg7F38D2D7-2AEB-4F20-8972-1AEDB09AEBD4 (resized).jpeg7F38D2D7-2AEB-4F20-8972-1AEDB09AEBD4 (resized).jpeg7FD4882B-C71C-47C3-9D4B-53F329B6EE79 (resized).jpeg7FD4882B-C71C-47C3-9D4B-53F329B6EE79 (resized).jpegA8E0CCD0-35DF-4EB1-9FD6-C4D772993177 (resized).pngA8E0CCD0-35DF-4EB1-9FD6-C4D772993177 (resized).pngC8EC123D-937B-456E-9037-D18F1C3614E8 (resized).jpegC8EC123D-937B-456E-9037-D18F1C3614E8 (resized).jpeg
#100 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I came here to defend Shrinky Dinks… back in the day they were incredible!! While I never had the “Halloween” Shrinky Dinks, I did have Smurfs, Alf, Mr. T., He-Man & The Masters of The Universe!
I’m going to say that the best physical / game play “Toppers” of all time are Whirlwind / Twister blowing wind at your face when playing a game followed by the latest CGC on Cactus Canyon Remake. Those physical / & interaction with the player are amazing. As for the Halloween Topper it’s a great theme integration & simple mechanic which is more of a way to display the games title in a neat simple mechanical way, and to that they perfectly hit the nail on the head.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ahh i can still smell them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-halloween-ultraman-for-sale/page/2?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.