Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 147 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pin-it
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Aloha.jpg
    Spicoli.JPG
    fools.jpeg
    ft2.JPG
    ft1.JPG
    5.jpg
    th-2-234.jpeg
    There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago

I personally see a larger variety of themes in the EM world than the modern DMD world.

Let's see. Recent DMD themes- Aging rock stars, comic book super heros, monster movies from the 80s, an occasional modern sci-fi movie, and zombies. Oh yeah, and Mustangs.

#102 9 years ago

This thread needs more surf music.

#103 9 years ago

How bout some Jack.....

And a Switchblade.

#104 9 years ago

Since I am into fine cutlery.

#105 9 years ago

Locals only.

#106 9 years ago

Dont Venture too far

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Locals only.
    » YouTube video

Metal Surfin.

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Metal Surfin.

Gadnium! Lol. This thread makes me want to pack it all up and go back where I belong. Did you ever read "Fish out of Water"? Once a pier rat, always a pier rat.

#109 9 years ago

Someone said I dont know Diddley.

But then again I am a rebel.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Did you ever read "Fish out of Water"? Once a pier rat, always a pier rat.

No i haven`t.

#111 9 years ago

The leader of the Surfaris is now an automotive instructor at the local community college. Somehow our paths crossed and we became friends.

#112 9 years ago

Los Straightjackets?

One of my fave modern surf bands.........
    Mexican wrestling masks & all

Dammit, just checked - these guys are going to be here on 11/22 & I will be in Mexico....

#113 9 years ago

More Los Straightjackets
    I rather liked this one...

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The leader of the Surfaris is now an automotive instructor at the local community college. Somehow our paths crossed and we became friends.
    » YouTube video

Wipe out is an iconic drum song.
    Thats cool you bumped into a Safari band member with skills in both automotive repair and as rock and roll musician.
    Not too many that can do both.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I rather liked this one...

Me too. Nothing like some Eye Candy to keep you interested.

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Thats cool you bumped into a Safari band member with skills in both automotive repair and as rock and roll musician.

In smog class he comes to me for input. But really, I saw the Surfaris at Knotts Berry Farm back in the 80s when I first met Bob Berryhill. 30 years later when I ran into him again, he remembered. Everybody needs a day job. Well, most everybody.

Speaking of Knott's, is it time for thrill rides again?

#117 9 years ago

Ghostrider, by Dick Dale

#118 9 years ago

Perfect!

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

In smog class he comes to me for input

Speaking of smog,just got a used Jeep cherokee w/5.2 for my brother and didnt have much time to go over it except put a reman cv axle in it because of a torn boot. Changed the oil/filter in it sent him on his way till i got down to his house to check it over about two weeks later it had lost 2 qts of oil. After looking for leaks and nothing sitting on the cardboard in the driveway,no blue smoke either. Saw some oil residue around the crankcase filter breather hose connection by the air filter,hmmm what could it be? Turns out a clogged Pvc valve and intake port nipple was clogged too. Some gumout and new hose/Pvc valve it works. Fingers crossed it stops the oil loss he has been having.From what i was reading on them getting clogged the crankcase pressure sends an oil mist backfeeding through the system giving that loss of oil.

Ever have oil loss like that happen?

#120 9 years ago

My local coaster 20 min. away.

#121 9 years ago

Time for some green grass and high tides.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

No. I drive a Toyota.

Not everyone is a fan of steel coasters, but this one is a rush! Basic and to the point.

#123 9 years ago

Disney had Dick Dale standing on top of Space mountain playing that tune on opening day of the ride.

#124 9 years ago

Classic! I remember my first ride on Space Mountain. Barely.

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Time for some green grass and high tides.
    » YouTube video

Saw those dudes in concert @ U of Oregon's Mac court in Eugene, Oregon 2/4/79. Just a stagger away from our apartment across the street. That was one great show!

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not everyone is a fan of steel coasters, but this one is a rush! Basic and to the point.

Like the Em`s i prefer the wooden models.

That is a nasty first drop.

#127 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Speaking of smog,just got a used Jeep cherokee w/5.2 for my brother and didnt have much time to go over it except put a reman cv axle in it because of a torn boot. Changed the oil/filter in it sent him on his way till i got down to his house to check it over about two weeks later it had lost 2 qts of oil. After looking for leaks and nothing sitting on the cardboard in the driveway,no blue smoke either. Saw some oil residue around the crankcase filter breather hose connection by the air filter,hmmm what could it be? Turns out a clogged Pvc valve and intake port nipple was clogged too. Some gumout and new hose/Pvc valve it works. Fingers crossed it stops the oil loss he has been having.From what i was reading on them getting clogged the crankcase pressure sends an oil mist backfeeding through the system giving that loss of oil.

yeah, if you look at the front crank seal & rear main I would bet that you would find signs of oil leakage. Increased crankcase pressure will force oil out. Saw that a lot when we had our shop back in the day.

#128 9 years ago

5 minutes from my brother.

http://atthetabernacle.com/home/

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

yeah, if you look at the front crank seal & rear main I would bet that you would find signs of oil leakage.

I did see oily film but nothing dripped when sitting over night, and when running there was no dripping or seepage that i could see.

Quoted from dasvis:Increased crankcase pressure will force oil out. Saw that a lot when we had our shop back in the day.

He just put the Pvc valve in yesterday so we shall see if the oil loss is fixed. Think the seals are shot after it clogs like that? or the oil relieved through the air intake backfeeding was enough to permanently harm the seals from what you have seen?

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

I did see oily film but nothing dripped when sitting over night, and when running there was no dripping or seepage that i could see.

He just put the Pvc valve in yesterday so we shall see if the oil loss is fixed. Think the seals are shot after it clogs like that? or the oil relieved through the air intake backfeeding was enough to permanently harm the seals from what you have seen?

No, once you relieve the pressure you should be fine

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

No, once you relieve the pressure you should be fine

Cool thanks.

#132 9 years ago

Back to the music.

#133 9 years ago

Glad I could help! Unplug that road draft tube.

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Glad I could help!

Anytime.

Quoted from o-din:Unplug that road draft tube.

Mosquito commission certified.

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Mosquito commission certified.

#136 9 years ago

A long song to listen to but after the 5 min. mark it gets a Hendrix feel to it.

#138 9 years ago

Sleepy time...

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

» YouTube video
    Sleepy time...

Wake up!

#140 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

That is a nasty first drop.

#141 9 years ago

Let's keep the ball rollin'

#143 9 years ago

Rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard the Devil is back...

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

» YouTube video

I like this version better....

#145 9 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I like this version better....
    » YouTube video

What do we get for $10? everything you want.

#146 9 years ago

#147 9 years ago

The other Diamond Head.

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-bowlingpool-themed-ems/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.