Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E43374DA-61E8-4080-ADCD-DB4AA9F417DC (resized).jpeg
    done2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 6 years ago

Stupid offers are always entertaining from a seller's point of view but it doesn't mean you should get upset or give them serious consideration.

Non-cash offers are the best. I'll get at least one arcade collector inquiry a week trying to break into the pinball market wanting to direct swap some beat up generic arcade cab with a stuffed monitor for a fully working pin.

No son, go back to ebay and check the average market price differential.

Quoted from CubeSnake:

It's getting worse-much worse these days selling ANYTHING. I recently listed my F250 for sale on both CL and OfferUp. I have to slog thru the scammer emails and texts from CL roughly 5x daily. The few 'serious' offers I got simply will disappear if more than 12 hours elapses. Then, and this is a somewhat new trend, you'll get someone "who really needs a vehicle to get back & forth to work to pay for a sick child, spouse, whatever's medical treatments" and they'll offer an absolutely insulting offer.
    Selling pins is pretty similar...you get the same type of beaters. It's usually best to stick with Pinside or the like. And even THAT's not guaranteed.

As a seller, I've had the "lewkemia" kid spiel a couple of times and disconcertingly neither time was spelt correctly. The first one was for a Stern Spiderman (the 7 year old son was a fan apparently) wanting to take it off my hands for $1000.

I made a counter offer of a donation to the local Leukaemia Foundation in their name instead and was not so politely told where I could put my offer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-put-obo-if-you-are-firm-or-get-insulted?tu=pinsanity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.