1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E43374DA-61E8-4080-ADCD-DB4AA9F417DC (resized).jpeg
    done2 (resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

It's getting worse-much worse these days selling ANYTHING. I recently listed my F250 for sale on both CL and OfferUp. I have to slog thru the scammer emails and texts from CL roughly 5x daily. The few 'serious' offers I got simply will disappear if more than 12 hours elapses. Then, and this is a somewhat new trend, you'll get someone "who really needs a vehicle to get back & forth to work to pay for a sick child, spouse, whatever's medical treatments" and they'll offer an absolutely insulting offer.
    Selling pins is pretty similar...you get the same type of beaters. It's usually best to stick with Pinside or the like. And even THAT's not guaranteed.

#52 1 year ago

Stupid offers are always entertaining from a seller's point of view but it doesn't mean you should get upset or give them serious consideration.

Non-cash offers are the best. I'll get at least one arcade collector inquiry a week trying to break into the pinball market wanting to direct swap some beat up generic arcade cab with a stuffed monitor for a fully working pin.

No son, go back to ebay and check the average market price differential.

Quoted from CubeSnake:

It's getting worse-much worse these days selling ANYTHING. I recently listed my F250 for sale on both CL and OfferUp. I have to slog thru the scammer emails and texts from CL roughly 5x daily. The few 'serious' offers I got simply will disappear if more than 12 hours elapses. Then, and this is a somewhat new trend, you'll get someone "who really needs a vehicle to get back & forth to work to pay for a sick child, spouse, whatever's medical treatments" and they'll offer an absolutely insulting offer.
    Selling pins is pretty similar...you get the same type of beaters. It's usually best to stick with Pinside or the like. And even THAT's not guaranteed.

As a seller, I've had the "lewkemia" kid spiel a couple of times and disconcertingly neither time was spelt correctly. The first one was for a Stern Spiderman (the 7 year old son was a fan apparently) wanting to take it off my hands for $1000.

I made a counter offer of a donation to the local Leukaemia Foundation in their name instead and was not so politely told where I could put my offer.

#53 1 year ago

EDIT: trouble with pics.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Why would a seller add OBO to their price when they are not looking for offers and get insulted. That’s my best offer. At least an offer was made. A simple too low or counter offer would be respectful. Why is that too much to ask. Why not say firm?

I guess the counter question is: why get insulted if a seller gives you crap about your offer?

My last two buys involved radically different negotiations. In one circumstance the seller wouldn't talk price, made me offer a $ value. In the other circumstance I told the seller I wanted the game but the price was too high and they suggested a price.

#55 1 year ago

Man the drama is unreal

Some of you guys need to put your big boy panties on

Who gives F how anybody hurts your feelings over some nonsense BS

Sell it or not. Buy it or not

Am I surprised? Sadly no

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Man the drama is unreal
    Some of you guys need to put your big boy panties on
    Who gives F how anybody hurts your feelings over some nonsense BS
    Sell it or not. Buy it or not
    Am I surprised? Sadly no

You have "big boy panties"? I learn more on here than I ever wanted to !

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

You learn something every day don’t you

#58 1 year ago

I posted two ads today on Pinside.

I only had 3 choices. I would like my asking price, but will allways consider offers. I have no problem with the word no. It’s normal communication to say no sometimes. My personal preference is to add a “Thanks for the offer”.

E43374DA-61E8-4080-ADCD-DB4AA9F417DC (resized).jpeg

**(Edit)** Pinside staff informed today me that you can just leave these boxes unchecked. Problem solved!

#59 1 year ago

"Firm" means you've decided what the market is on your pin, and that's your number. I might do this ONLY if I put an obviously low price on my pin so I could pull off a quick, no-nonsense sale. And this will normally be a good deal for the buyer.

Otherwise, don't do it. People try to pull this "no negotiation" tactic with their uber priced, overly modded, hermetically sealed pin with less than 15 plays and I just move on. This is the sales aftermarket in a highly subjective, high priced, low volume hobby and everything is negotiable, whether you like it or not... otherwise it's not really for sale and you're wasting everyone's time. Even worse if you're also thin-skinned or too busy to be bothered with counter offer responses.

#60 1 year ago

OBO to me means the price is open to negotiations. Some people like to negotiate everything , some are uncomfortable negotiating. If I have something priced at $3000 and I get an offer for $2000 I am not going to be a dick because if it's a true negotiator , you never know what that buyer is willing to come up to.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I've learned not to bother with the OBO thing anymore because people are going to offer you less regardless and the OBO just encourages it.
    John

Especially on Pinside.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I don't wear underwear. I also don't wear pants. I wear mesh shorts even in winter. Unless I'm going to a funeral, then I wear black sweat pants. Us 300 pounders don't have a lot of options. Too much information?

#63 1 year ago

OBO = or best offer. There is no ambiguity. The best offer is the highest one regardless of asking price. Might be more or less. Think of OBO as an auction

#64 1 year ago

Obo means an auction to me. If it says obo I pass. If you put your price I will say yes or no. That simple.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 129.25
    Lighting - Led
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside