6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RyanStl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

If you don’t respond to inquiries to your ad? I’m beginning to wonder if my IM’s even work. If you have changed your mind, or have sold or traded it, what does it take to send a quick reply? If I’ve somehow pissed you off, okay. I guess I never really cared for you anyway?

#2 6 years ago

If a person responding (or not) as they wish doesn't fit your lifestyle simply put a timeframe for a response in your initial inquiry. You don't even have to communicate that timeframe to the recipient of your message. If you don't have a response by your deadline, don't complete the transaction.

Example: Interested in your machine. If you'll take $5327.42 in Dogecoin, respond by 4pm and we'll make the deal. Have a great day.

Example2: I'll give you $250 cash. My offer expires on April 7th, 2018.

Example3-stealth deadline: Will you take $50? (impose your deadline here. If it passes, move on.)

#3 6 years ago

Never could figure out some craigslist posters -- I call on an ad only to have the seller tell me it sold shortly after listing. Check the same category several days later and it is still posted.

My guess is what you are inquiring about has sold. I have also occasionally not replied to an inquiry if I get the impression the person inquiring could be difficult to deal with. Not saying that you (OP) is/are, but just sayin. . .

#4 6 years ago

Nope, I’m not difficult at all, I’m a prince! lol

#5 6 years ago

I know that I have posted games for sale in the past, taken the ad down after it being sold, and the ad was still there. I got tired of replying to so many questions so I just stopped answering them. I know it sounds kinda shitty....but we all have many things to do in our daily life. I have encountered other sellers with the same issue when asking about games for sale.

#6 6 years ago

That makes perfect sense. Is there a way to “Flag” an ad? Similar to Craigslist?

#7 6 years ago

Worse is those replying to your for sale and never showing up like they say. If a seller doesn't respond they are just lazy and don't care and I move on.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-place-an-ad-in-the-pinside-market and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.