Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pinside Ratings Do Not/Cannot Matter (you may vote more than once)”

• Agree 18 votes
      11%
    • Disagree 29 votes
      17%
    • Would like to see ratings system tweaked to eliminate personal weighting (or show non weighted results) 17 votes
      10%
    • Would like liars to step up and rate honestly 26 votes
      16%
    • Would like existing system sliced and diced to show ratings for each category as well as total rating. 14 votes
      8%
    • This is beyond stupid. play what you like. ratings have ZERO bearing on desireability and resale value. 37 votes
      22%
    • Centerflank is sexy. 25 votes
      15%

(Multiple choice - 166 votes by 113 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fat-guy-speedo.jpg
    fatbastard.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 10 years ago

The ratings only do one thing. Start the Hype wagon. Other than that, they mean dick. Newbs and people that don't go to shows to play nearly every game ever made, don't know the difference and think because something is ranked high, it has to be good. Wrong. Lot of garbage in the top 20 on all lists. Pinsides, Mr.pinball, and wherever else. Only way to make sure a list is 100% accurate is to make your own. My list is the only list out there, that is perfect in every way.

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from Legacy:

This is a perfect example of how we all can get burned buying LE sight unseen. In a perfect world we own the games we love to play, but have to take a risk in buying the new stuff just to figure it out.

This is why Stern is making out well. Couple of years ago, you'd get laughed at for buying a game you never seen or played. Around here it's way to common of practice. So when Someone releases a game, there isn't any incentive to polish it off. They can release whatever and all the LE's are already paid for. So what do they care? Back in the day, the game had to be fun and had to make money out in the wild if they wanted to sell. Then from playing them out in the wild, we would buy them as they are taken off route and not making money anymore. That's the way it was always done. But Stern has devised a way to get people in the mindset that "they will sell out and you might not get one". Which puts you in a state of "got to have it". Whether or not it sucks. Which 84% of the games out the door, do indeed suck or half assed.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I dont really appreciate you talking about Transformers like that.

OH, I was talking about a game starting with T, but that game only has 4 letters.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from Legacy:

It isn't so bad with the titles they are offering a premium version for, so we can at least give them some slack with those titles. Games like X-men with no premiums is where we can get burned.

If your buying before you play, there's still a 84%+ chance your going to get burned anyway.

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from vster23:

I don't think anyone should rate a game with 1. There is no pinball game that is that bad, even bad games deserve a 3 or 4 just because it's pinball.

Apparently you havn't played Street Fighter 2 or Xfiles.

I think the 1's make up for the 10's others put on.

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from vster23:

Well actually I own SFII so yeah I have played it. I loved the the video game and like the pinball. I have also played X-files it was ok but definitely not a 1.

well no wonder you don't think a game can be a 1 rating. Your already at the bottom of the DMD barrel.

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from vster23:

Well I don't own a TRS, which still isn't a 1 but pretty close

That one is pretty close down there too. Don't know if it's in SF2 and Xfiles territory, but Mick is dipping his feet in the same water for sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-pinside-ratings-dont-matter?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.