Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

___drama_queen____by_duekko-d71dh4r.png
    image.jpg
    read all this shit.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

Games are too expensive as it is, so add marketing cost in, prices go higher..

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

It depends, right? A game that comes off of an assembly line like Stern, yes. They are milking it for these LE's. But JPOP is basically making a hand crafted masterpiece. It's just like cars. You've got $10,000 cars and $1,000,0000 cars now. They all get you from A to B. I'm not sure why pinball all has to be priced the same. Back in the 90's, everything was on an assembly line and games were all meant to be LE's without being LE's. But that industry collapsed. If you want that level of pinball, you know have to pay for all of what goes into making a game like that, but WITHOUT the factories, the huge teams helping out. It's now become an artisan skill that only a few have.
    Again, I'm not talking about billboards in Times Square marketing. I'm simply talking about a plan that communicates properly, has a timeline for activities, and builds excitement. I don't see any pinball companies doing this.

It would still add to the cost.. and they are high enough. I think they are all doing fine, or would make changes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-pinball-marketing-is-poor?tu=balboarules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.