Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by starsky178
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Regional Restrictions.jpg
    drain.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

It's great .... You sold it ..... Why do you still have it posted ????

#2 9 years ago

Likely due to not being able to delete a post/thread after its resolved by the thread starter.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from starsky178:

It's great .... You sold it ..... Why do you still have it posted ????

Maybe because there's no "delete" button?

#4 9 years ago

Draining a topic just keeps it from showing up on your feed, It doesn't delete it for the author to my knowledge.

#5 9 years ago

how much did he get for it?

#6 9 years ago

PM sent.

#7 9 years ago

Why would anybody want those threads to disappear?

Beyond virtually every FS thread being great entertainment, they can provide valuable pricing info for the archives.

#8 9 years ago

Just leave the price in the thread and update the header to read sold.

#9 9 years ago

Yup. Only about 14 people have the ability to delete threads, and we don't delete them because that messes up the history of Pinside, karma points, links, etc. Most sellers mark it as sold if it does indeed sell, and Robin has the "this is an old thread" disclaimer on threads that are months old to try to keep them from coming back to life on a dead topic such as a sold machine in a for sale thread. New changes are coming soon to the whole market and sale thread issues, stay tuned for that.

#10 9 years ago

Personally I like having threads saved. The author of the thread should be able to erase prices, etc. though. Nothing worse than having a prospective purchaser come at you with "but you only bought it for XXX".

#11 9 years ago

How much are you asking for this "Why people don't drain topic after sale" machine. I've never heard of that one. Is it a DMD?

#12 9 years ago

Looks like this topic has been resolved OP
    Could you please drain it?

drain.jpgdrain.jpg

#13 9 years ago

I like seeing old FS threads. It gives me an idea of what's available on the market, for what condition, where, and what price. They are a wealth of information if you buy and sell machines/parts.

#14 9 years ago

I saw a FS thread for a MM and TZ nib for $5500. Although it's dated 1999 on RGP, I'm thinking of calling seller. What're the odds he's still got them as a package deal??

And NO, I won't give you vultures the link!! They're MINE! ALL MINE! Bwahahaha!!

#15 9 years ago

Was just wondering , once a machine sells , why still have it posted. Wondering why it didn't just get removed from forum.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from starsky178:

Was just wondering , once a machine sells , why still have it posted. Wondering why it didn't just get removed from forum.

Just drain it and pretend that its gone for everyone else too. Really make yourself believe that its really gone. Forget about it, don't think about it. Then and only then will you be content with yourself.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from starsky178:

For posterity sake. Thus they should never be deleted.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from starsky178:

Why people don't drain?

It's complicated to explain, but it's primarily due to regional restrictions.

Regional Restrictions.jpgRegional Restrictions.jpg

#20 9 years ago

Should "drain" this thread.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Haha......too funny...........Joey

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yeah Joey your funny..... Ha Ha

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-people-dont-drain-topic-after-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.