Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Matt1724
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why not Sell?”

• Monetary Value - I value this game more than the market does 37 votes
      18%
    • Hassle - I hate dealing with buyers 34 votes
      17%
    • Rarity - If I let it go, I probably won't see another one like it 35 votes
      17%
    • Sentimental - There is a sentimental value on this particular machine 41 votes
      20%
    • Nothing is Sacred - If you have enough cash, they're all ready to go 54 votes
      27%

(Multiple choice - 201 votes by 151 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CDF7E4B1-CE0F-4E0E-87B6-0FB825279030 (resized).jpeg
    DA2A37CC-39C7-498C-9250-969F7E29A74E (resized).jpeg
    E2E22E19-4B0D-48B1-8C9C-DA6A006186D6 (resized).jpeg
    E869BA90-D600-46E6-8C8C-F45419AC69D1 (resized).jpeg
    garage addition (resized).jpg
    garage (resized).jpg
    3BDED825-7077-4F88-A495-593B6E4FDF73 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepinballco-op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago

Everything has a price. Sometimes I buy a game and say "bolted to the floor!" and then 9 months later the game is out the door. I usually have games between 6-24 months. I love turnover. I love seeing games come in, but I also love the look on a buyers face when they pick up a game they are really interested in. I once sold a game (Monster Bash SE) to a guy who bought it for his partner as a surprise gift who learned about it right there in my house. That was the best moment.

I'm going to repeat a lot of what's been said, but I walk around playing games, and if I find myself avoiding hitting the start button, then it's time to go. I had a Dialed In that I LOVED to death. It was modded to hell and had pinstadiums, but every time I walked up to it, I couldn't bring myself to hit that start button. I just didn't want to play it, and that's when it's gotta go.

I also had a Rick & Morty. I love most things about it, but nobody else really did, and I had the glass off a ton which was really annoying. It went to a great couple only 8 months after I got it. That's a game that I thought "there's no way I'm getting rid of this", but I don't miss it. Pinball is at its best when it's played by my wife and all my friends, so if I'm the only one playing it, I can't really get into it.

My longest owned game currently is Road Show. That modded chip by soren is one of the greatest things in Pinball and anybody who doesn't know about it is missing out. This easy-to-install MUST HAVE chip changes the game entirely. Road Show was going for 3,000 not too long ago, but this chip turns it into a 5,000 or 5,500 game easily. This should have won "best mod of the year" or at least got more fan fare than it received. Soren killed it, and not enough people out there know about it. If you have Road Show, buying this chip literally turns your game into a brand new game. You're missing out if you don't have it. Go here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-road-show-software-mod

I'm getting a TBL. It's my favorite movie of all time, almost the only movie I've owned for 20 years. I used to watch it and have it on repeat in the background during my days in college. I can recite the whole thing word for word. I imagine it would be very hard for me to give this game up when it finally arrives. If there's any game I'll keep long term, it'll be this one.

........ but I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't.

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Every thing is for sale
    I have admitted defeat, 41 games is too many, getting them cleaned up and will halve my collection by the end of the year

Where do you live?...... just uhhh........ curious.

Also, I agree with you. I'm sick of games that could keep me on my feet for 30-45 minutes. Games that are described as a "grind" are not fun. I'm super into the older stuff. Games like Black Knight and Joker Poker are some of my favorites.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepinballco-op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-not-sell?tu=thepinballco-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.