(Topic ID: 9384)

Why not reproduce old pinball titles? It's working for the music & car industry.

By thedarkknight77

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

boom.jpeg
    suatmm.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 12 years ago

The main reason for no MM remake is because the rights were tied up for years with a company in Australia. The guy took deposits but never produced the game. And it seems fairly clear (at least to me) he either didn't truly have the means or the desire to do so. Depositors who have asked have received their deposits back, so it's not like he's made off with the cash.

However, my (purely speculative) feeling is for all the deposits he still has possession of, I bet he's making a nice chunk of change in interest. Given he started the project several years ago... well, do the math. I guess one upside of this whole bank meltdown is interest rates have fallen through the floor.

The Williams rights were resold to a California company, however, as I understand it, the repro rights for MM stayed with the Australian company. I might be missing a couple details but that's the gist of it.

More info:

http://tinyurl.com/6pyvfes

I interpret planetary's post as meaning "yeah, we know this guy is never going to get his act together and do the remake, but if hell freezes over, we pledge to support the effort." So they can earn a little public goodwill by pledging to be supportive, knowing there is a 99.9999% chance they won't have to follow through. It's like promising to give a guy a job when he gets out of prison, only he has 10 life sentences.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So we basically need Mr Wayne to sell his MM rights to JJ and if he won't.............Who cares, lets get TZ, TOTAN or CV back into production. The problem with these situations are people are always trying to get rich...............Time for a reality check, no one is going to make millions off of pinball. The reason I respect JJ so much is that he is taking a huge risk for the simple love of the game. You don't see that too often in business. I have seen many business men lose their fortunes over such a venture.

I'm excited about what JJP is doing but Jack is a businessman way before a pinball lover. He is making pinball games because he thinks he can make money at it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-not-reproduce-old-pinball-titles-its-working-for-the-music-car-industry?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.