1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by pacmanretro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    625628_10200897873113228_1554285873_n (resized).jpg
    f99b2f5c8740d58ee6b07adbdfdb35b5--funny-picture-quotes-quotes-pics (resized).jpg
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    KIMG2531 (resized).jpg

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 1 year ago

As FrankJ said earlier in the thread, it's more likely to see an "Escape to Margaritaville" pin than a Jimmy pin. They've already done an EtM slot machine.

I think the thing the detractors don't seem to realize is just how big the Margaritaville Brand is. According to an article from Forbes Magazine last year, it's a multi-billion dollar empire.
    The same article says Jimmy's net worth is upwards of $550 Million and his 2016 income was estimated at $40.5 Million. That's about 2/3 of Metallica's estimated income, but they have to split that how many ways?

#152 1 year ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

Hi guys , I Am one of the few lucky ones that is involved in the Margritiville resort going into orlando . It’s a combination of one of his hotels that is also paired with its own private neighborhood . The homes are being built for residents and short term vacations . I’m the gameroom and theming vendor for all the homes , so any arcade , pinball , bars , custom rooms are done by my company . I can tell you right now that there would be a big interest in a JB pinball . I have already have clients going to purchase the new JJ Pirates pin for there rentals because they love that the pirates theme fits jimmy buffet . I’m actually going to reach out to a few people to see if this could actually happen. I can already see what the demand could be just by asking my clients that I’m currently designing rooms for . The demo graphic is perfect for who would buy this game . Parrot heads love anything jimmy buffet and alot of them have the money to buy it . If any manufacture is following this thread pm me and let’s talk . I can get a real gage of interest to see if this could work and also have a way to the imaging and license department . I honestly think this could have some wheels on it even if it was a low production like WNBJM. Of course this is my opinion for what that is worth . Fins Up

This post can't help but put "it's my job" into my head all day

#153 1 year ago

Kick it in, Second Wind - ball save

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

The Orlando project is getting 200-400 homes.

By all accounts including their press releases, it will be closer to 1,000 private homes.

This theme will be a successful seller. There is no question about it. If you disagree, you don't understand the market for all things Jimmy and his brands. The question is which pinball manufacturer will have the foresight to cash in on it.

Jimmy Buffet has such a strong brand that people buy HOMES just because of his brand. Mull that over. That is some serious brand driven buying power.

#155 1 year ago
    Quoted from PurpleTophat:

By all accounts including their press releases, it will be closer to 1,000 private homes.
    This theme will be a successful seller. There is no question about it. If you disagree, you don't understand the market for all things Jimmy and his brands. The question is which pinball manufacturer will have the foresight to cash in on it.
    Jimmy Buffet has such a strong brand that people buy HOMES just because of his brand. Mull that over. That is some serious brand driven buying power.

I can really see JJP doing this...Wow I can picture the hemisphere dancer as a topper with spinning props and radial engine sounds rumbling all while playing tree top flyer!

Just in case any of you fellow parrot heads aren't familiar with the song, it's the hidden track on banana wind album.

#156 1 year ago

If JJP did it, it would have some sort of data communication....so.....I assume you could hear it on the coconut telegraph!

Then we would know who scored this or that!

#157 1 year ago

Giant margarita blender (like the gum all machine in TZ) that’s hold the balls for lock.

#158 1 year ago

Fins Up!

#159 1 year ago

It's five O'clock Pinball!

1 month later
    #160 11 months ago

It's usually some woman's fault!
    JK
    Happy mothers day to so many important people that have brought us Little Miss Magic

#161 11 months ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

It's usually some woman's fault!

You're going to be disappointed when you make it to the end of the song ...

2 weeks later
    #162 10 months ago

Escape from Margaritaville is sailing off Broadway:

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/31/jimmy-buffett-musical-escape-to-margaritaville-to-cruise-out-of-broadway/

In honor of Buffett, here are a few references to more successful ventures:

Havana

Living

Sportcoat

Volcano

On the positive side of things, he now has some extra bandwidth to talk about producing a themed pinball machine.

#163 10 months ago

I know not everyone is a parrot head, but there are SOOO many, that I'm unbelievably suprised this thread hasnt taken off :/

I have plans on at least doing a retheme for myself at this point....so, if anybody in the area has a pin with trashed playfield/backglass to part with, please let me know

#164 10 months ago

Pretty much any era is cool with me. An EM makes it easy, but I'm happy with any project for this....I actually have a very personal interest in this now :/

#165 10 months ago

Heard a story at happy hour today about the Parrot Head float in the St. Patrick's Day parade here in Denver. Evidently they're very strict, everyone has to show up and start doing shots at 7 a.m. My new friend from happy hour says he passed out at midnight on an ironing board wearing a kilt and Hawaiian shirt. Luckily this was before digital cameras took off and no one thought it was worth wasting a picture on.

#166 10 months ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Pretty much any era is cool with me. An EM makes it easy, but I'm happy with any project for this....I actually have a very personal interest in this now :/

The thread of your re-theme will be a must-follow for me!

#167 10 months ago

Want to make 2? Lol.... I want one.

#168 10 months ago

It occurs to me that my fully populated Gulfstream might be an interesting pseudo EM base for a JB project. No need for deep rules. Play a song, hit some targets to complete a "mode," maybe play with a parrot or shark based backbox toy, start next song. Set up something as a lock light, then capture one or two balls for Fins multiball.
    I need to finish 2 other projects, but this sounds interesting to me.

#169 10 months ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I have plans on at least doing a retheme for myself at this point....so, if anybody in the area has a pin with trashed playfield/backglass to part with, please let me know

With all the Baywatch talk around these parts, it occurs to me that the beach theming would get you a good way toward your re-theme!

#170 10 months ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Set up something as a lock light, then capture one or two balls for Fins multiball.

Actually, it should be Parrothead multiball, with Fins being saved for a backbox toy game.

#171 10 months ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Actually, it should be Parrothead multiball, with Fins being saved for a backbox toy game.

'You got flips to the left, flips to the right...And it's the only pinball in town'

#172 10 months ago

Doesnt rhyme well I know....was going to say ball in town....but trying to be remotely clever. Lol

#173 10 months ago

You know, Gilligan's Island would also be a great base. Tropical island; volcano. You could do worse!

#174 10 months ago

Spent the afternoon doin yard work and using the blender...I realized I'll have more to do tmw and the MRS promised me help, though I know it won't happen....... and couldn't keep this funny little thing out of my head.....

Please don't say manana if you don't mean it....

'don't try to describe a kiss pinball if you never played it'....well, it went something like that

Fins up friends!

#175 10 months ago

'women into pinball are in short supply; there's not enough scores for us all to have high....'

Ok, ok....Maybe I had 2 more boat drinks....

#176 10 months ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

Hi guys , I Am one of the few lucky ones that is involved in the Margritiville resort going into orlando . It’s a combination of one of his hotels that is also paired with its own private neighborhood . The homes are being built for residents and short term vacations . I’m the gameroom and theming vendor for all the homes , so any arcade , pinball , bars , custom rooms are done by my company . I can tell you right now that there would be a big interest in a JB pinball . I have already have clients going to purchase the new JJ Pirates pin for there rentals because they love that the pirates theme fits jimmy buffet . I’m actually going to reach out to a few people to see if this could actually happen. I can already see what the demand could be just by asking my clients that I’m currently designing rooms for . The demo graphic is perfect for who would buy this game . Parrot heads love anything jimmy buffet and alot of them have the money to buy it . If any manufacture is following this thread pm me and let’s talk . I can get a real gage of interest to see if this could work and also have a way to the imaging and license department . I honestly think this could have some wheels on it even if it was a low production like WNBJM. Of course this is my opinion for what that is worth . Fins Up

The Margaritaville resort in Orlando is up the street where I used to own a vacation rental. It's impressive what it will look like when it's done compared to wasteland it was when they bought the property.

The resort kind of proves that there is potential with this theme.

JB essentially took one big hit and parlayed it into an entire industry: restaurants/bars, merch, branded products, and now a whole frikkin resort!

I'm sure Spooky could make a decent run of this.

#177 10 months ago
    Quoted from Tigger64:

The Margaritaville resort in Orlando is up the street where I used to own a vacation rental. It's impressive what it will look like when it's done compared to wasteland it was when they bought the property.
    The resort kind of proves that there is potential with this theme.
    JB essentially took one big hit and parlayed it into an entire industry: restaurants/bars, merch, branded products, and now a whole frikkin resort!
    I'm sure Spooky could make a decent run of this.

An extra +1 for spooky idea. I bet they would have a blast with it

2 months later
    #178 7 months ago

STILL, I just simply CAN NOT believe this thread died....dude sells out like CRAZY, has unbelievable marketing skills, INSANE number of Parrot Heads!....how can it not at least have a marketable interest as a Pinball!!!!????

We are the people our parents warned us about!!

#179 7 months ago

"...Better watch my step if the floor caves in
    I'll go right straight to hell
    There were pinball machines and cajun queens
    Men with knives and scars..."

See, even Jimmy likes pinball!

#180 7 months ago

I can see it if they reach out to him

1 month later
    #181 6 months ago

Just saw Buffet last night in AZ.

#182 6 months ago

The only way this pin would be remotely worthwhile would be if there was a working blender in the game that mixed you margaritas while you play. Would make a hell of a lot more great players with this feature.

#183 6 months ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

The only way this pin would be remotely worthwhile would be if there was a working blender in the game that mixed you margaritas while you play. Would make a hell of a lot more great players with this feature.

Excellent thought. Though they'd be wasting an opportunity if they don't squeeze in some non-Buffet blender drink songs as well (Two Pina Colladas, por ejemplo).

#184 6 months ago

"And Mike the scary octopus, was sleeping in the river bed....."

#185 6 months ago

Tiki bar shot where you get loaded for multiball.
    Salt search mode
    Fins up mode
    Build a burger mode.

#186 6 months ago

Had a few margaritas a couple weeks ago and got the drunk balls to contact corporate J.B......sadly, NO response...as expected

1 month later
    #187 5 months ago

Ok, I’ll bite. I’m actually surprised this isn’t a thing either. I’d actually really love to see some campy tiki themed machine with a big volcano, waves, palm trees, surfers, shark, parrots, and some awesome tiki god artwork on a pin. American or jersey jack could really make something amazing. I realize that margaritaville is a powerful branding tool... and it’s probably the best bet for whoever would make it. But...it turns just as many people off as it does on. As a 32 year old, I wouldn’t want jimmy Buffett overshadowing what could be a really fun theme. I want something new along the lines of a tiki/Hawaiian adventure game like Whitewater. Tiki culture is also kind of in right now too.
    After seeing the little world created in Oktoberfest, I hope that can be a model for what I’m trying to describe here.

2 months later
    #188 69 days ago

Family just back from this CRAZY busy place called the Keys....some guy named Jimmy seemed to be a part of EVERYTHING!! Anybody ever heard of this guy????

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 295.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 26.50
    $ 10.95
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside