Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (8).gif
    KIMG7917 (resized).jpg
    image000000_8 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    625628_10200897873113228_1554285873_n (resized).jpg
    f99b2f5c8740d58ee6b07adbdfdb35b5--funny-picture-quotes-quotes-pics (resized).jpg
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    KIMG2531 (resized).jpg
    There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago

Ball locks in the Volcano

Erupts into multiball. Lava trail down volcano into the blender which spins them out everywhere !

Like Margaritaville at the Flamingo in Vegas

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

He only owns the Key West and Orlando Margaritaville locations. He opened many, road the wave to the top, and when he and his team thought they had peaked, he sold the rest. Of course, he still collects a franchise fee for everything sold there.
    5 O'clock Somewhere multi-ball - lock the balls in the (trademarked) Margaritaville blender, spin the balls, and release them in a frenzy - maybe in different directions?
    The flippers are shark fins - fins to the left, fins to the right...

Feeding Frenzy!

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

My first concert was a Jimmy Buffett concert at the Tangerine bowl in 1978. Jimmy had a busted leg and sang sitting on a bar stool while the audience stood in the rain. Never will forget that.
    A Jimmy Buffett pinball machine would be a slam dunk.

'stepped on a pop top; broke my leg twice, had to limp on back home'

#54 6 years ago

You all seem to be focusing on Margaritaville. That brand new tattoo of the Mexican cutie needs to be pictured somewhere on the play field.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from TrevixClemson:

I'm 32 and would take Buffett over Iron Maiden any day of the week.
    Also, as a side note, apart from all the other stuff he has going, there is also a new Broadway show called "Escape from Margarita ville" that is very popular. I think that alone shows JB is still very relevant. He came out at end of the show I went to and was selling signed posters with the cast to raise funds for Hurricane Harvey relief...

Jimmy as well as the Parrot heads do a lot of various charity work and have raised millions for great causes. Good people.

Quoted from Psw757:

It’s because we are all “ growing older but not up”!

I just wish my metabolic rate would get pleasantly stuck already

#56 6 years ago

Somewhere on the backglass art ot would have to have a seaplane, a parrot, a margarita, and many other icons....and definitely also a postcard with "the weather is here..." on it

#57 6 years ago

Pretty beat up, but in fairness its been on back of my jeep for nearly 20 years...

With the top off and some jimmy playing when you pull in it's always a party!

-throw all your cares away; it's a rag, top day.

KIMG2531 (resized).jpgKIMG2531 (resized).jpg

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

My first concert was a Jimmy Buffett concert at the Tangerine bowl in 1978. Jimmy had a busted leg and sang sitting on a bar stool while the audience stood in the rain. Never will forget that.
    A Jimmy Buffett pinball machine would be a slam dunk.

I also saw him in California that same year with his broken leg. And his live album "You Had To Be There" was recorded on that same tour.

#59 6 years ago

“The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful”

I need a Tin Cup for a Chalice, fill it up with red wine

#60 6 years ago

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty much my sentiment about Iron Maiden as a title.

yeah that's second!

#62 6 years ago

No Plane on Sunday maybe one come Monday

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

» YouTube video

WTF was that stupid ass crap?

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

» YouTube video

Thank you. Love this webseries.

#65 6 years ago

I have to be honest, when I started this thread, I was having a few and feeling good vibes and expecting this to be a thread about more good vibes, good music, and fun...maybe I should have titled it differently and explained that I wasnt looking for pissy people to debate the theme/topic.

I inteded this thread to just be a fun chill kind of thing where people could have a good time talking about fun things to put into a semi specific pinball theme.

You dont like it, cool; more power to you. Go enjoy a thread about something you like instead.

The topic wasnt supposed to be do you like Buffett, or should someone make it...
    I guess my title didnt come across correctly....
    I didn't mean "why shouldn't they". But more like "HEY!, what an incredibly universal happy chill theme, why not" with the hopes of hearing fun ideas, toys,modes, etc.......

But all good I guess, everybody has to have an opinion....

I have never gone in a kiss or other band thread that was about people enjoying that music and been a negative ass, but to each his own; maybe I should have.

Anyway...

Another Saturday night and I ain't got no body. Got some money cuz I just got paid....how I wish I had someone to talk to; I'm in an awful way.

#66 6 years ago

Who is Jimmy Buffett?

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from TrevixClemson:

I'm 32 and would take Buffett over Iron Maiden any day of the week.
    Also, as a side note, apart from all the other stuff he has going, there is also a new Broadway show called "Escape from Margarita ville" that is very popular. I think that alone shows JB is still very relevant. He came out at end of the show I went to and was selling signed posters with the cast to raise funds for Hurricane Harvey relief...

No reason not to have both. I am a fan of both bands.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

WTF was that stupid ass crap?

Yacht Rock. The Van Halen epsisode is the best.

#69 6 years ago

Now that it's been brought up, I usually stream SiriusXM's Radio Margaritaville when I'm working in the yard or around the house. Now you've got me thinking what kind of Mode a particular song would be good for.

No, Radio Margaritaville is not all Jimmy all the time. Yes, there is a lot of Jimmy, along with the likes of Paul Simon, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, Huey Lewis, Eagles and many artists/groups I had never heard of and now listen to.

#70 6 years ago

Silver ball mania in paradise. It's always good to dream. F any negative vibes who has time for that shit?

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Silver ball mania in paradise. It's always good to dream. F any negative vibes who has time for that shit?

Thanks man....been in high stress mode a lot lately...didnt mean to complain about people's opinions...

I really did just want some good vibes out of this, though.

Got my tin cup for a chalice goin tonite and it's all good

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

No, Radio Margaritaville is not all Jimmy all the time. Yes, there is a lot of Jimmy, along with the likes of Paul Simon, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, Huey Lewis, Eagles and many artists/groups I had never heard of and now listen to.

Also includes Jimmys songs sung by other artist.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Also includes Jimmys songs sung by other artist.

To be honest...there is only ONE Jimmy, but I do like a fair chunk of the covers on there...

If you look at Buffett over the years, him and the coral reefers have played with MANY other artists over the years, but it's amazing that he has only been teamed up with "main stream" people in the last handful of years..

Now then, 'would you beam me somewhere Mr. Scott...any old place, here on earth or in space....you pick the century and I'll pick the spot!'

#74 6 years ago

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Don't forget "Why Don't We Get Drunk".....with a waterbed hurry up.

Hey now! Remember...It's a love song! From a slightly different point of view...

#76 6 years ago

humbuggers in paradise.

#77 6 years ago

I could see some slightly delayed drunken flipper mode going on. Volcano check, blender check, 5 ball 5 o'clock multi makes since.. play changes in latitudes while selecting modes.. game ends and plays Lovely Cruise.. yeah.. endless possibilities! Fins plays shots to the left and right. Roaming shots on volcano because..i don't know where ima gonna go.. ok I'll stop now

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

I could see some slightly delayed drunken flipper mode going on. Volcano check, blender check, 5 ball 5 o'clock multi makes since.. play changes in latitudes while selecting modes.. game ends and plays Lovely Cruise.. yeah.. endless possibilities! Fins plays shots to the left and right. Roaming shots on volcano because..i don't know where ima gonna go.. ok I'll stop now

Lmao...love the 5 o clock 5 ball!!

And it's been a lovely cruise!

#79 6 years ago

While the concerts may be rowdy, isn't the whole Buffet shtick about being laid back? Seems anathema to the frenzied activity of playing pinball.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Hit the "come back " drops to start shitty day in paradise multiball!

video of the Jamaicans shooting down his plane

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

video of the Jamaicans shooting down his plane. Then offering him jerk chicken after landing safely if you complete a mode

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

While the concerts may be rowdy, isn't the whole Buffet shtick about being laid back? Seems anathema to the frenzied activity of playing pinball.

Since when is playing pinball supposed to be a frenzied activity? Seems Williams released a highly successful game called Fish Tales at one time and I never considered fishing a frenzied activity. Except maybe that one time I hooked up a 100 lb yellow fin tuna.

#83 6 years ago

Although laid back, it’s still an active lifestyle - surfing, fishing, traveling to exotic location. It’s not laid back as in lazy.

“I’d rather die while I’m living than live while I’m dead.”

#84 6 years ago

Pop top bumper caps!!

#85 6 years ago

No love for his best tune, "My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, and I Don't Love Jesus"? It's right up there with Johnny Cash doing "Sunday Morning Coming Down" on the hangover playlist.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

No love for his best tune, "My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, and I Don't Love Jesus"? It's right up there with Johnny Cash doing "Sunday Morning Coming Down" on the hangover playlist.

Now there's some good early stuff

#87 6 years ago

I thought I would posit an actual possible answer to the [original, "why not?"] thread title, devil's advocate style.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

But you guys shot that one down, and I agree! It's about having fun!

#88 6 years ago

Fixed title topic to better match title description.

#89 6 years ago

There has to be some parrot heads working for Stern, Jimmy plays Chicago every summer and has a nice margaritaville on Navy pier!

This has to get some traction, I hope someone at Stern/Spooky/JJP is seeing this thread. Some cool ideas!

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

There has to be some parrot heads working for Stern, Jimmy plays Chicago every summer and has a nice margaritaville on Navy pier!
    This has to get some traction, I hope someone at Stern/Spooky/JJP is seeing this thread. Some cool ideas!

I could TOTALLY see Gary dressed up in gear being a parrot head at a show

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You all seem to be focusing on Margaritaville. That brand new tattoo of the Mexican cutie needs to be pictured somewhere on the play field.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#92 6 years ago

You can never have too much Bill Paxton in a pin. Hope they work him into this one too.

#93 6 years ago

As you drain your last ball, Jimmy says, "Breath In, Breath Out, Move On."

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

As you drain your last ball, Jimmy says, "Breath In, Breath Out, Move On."

A little nudging referral ?

"Dont try to shake it, just nod your head. Breath in, breath out, move on"

Maybe good for a tilt too

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

If only the last track had made it on the record...

#96 6 years ago

maybe we should combine jimmy buffet and iron maiden so we can get 2 horrible titles out of the way all at once???

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

maybe we should combine jimmy buffet and iron maiden so we can get 2 horrible titles out of the way all at once???

Iron Buffett does have a certain ring to it.

#98 6 years ago

A Pirate Looks at Pinball

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

He only owns the Key West and Orlando Margaritaville locations. He opened many, road the wave to the top, and when he and his team thought they had peaked, he sold the rest. Of course, he still collects a franchise fee for everything sold there.
    5 O'clock Somewhere multi-ball - lock the balls in the (trademarked) Margaritaville blender, spin the balls, and release them in a frenzy - maybe in different directions?
    The flippers are shark fins - fins to the left, fins to the right...

If it had a gobble hole would it be a cheeseburger shot?

Or maybe if no gobble hole, a VUK where you sink or lock a ball(s) into a shark mouth...maybe using an upper playfield set of fin flippers

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Iron Buffett does have a certain ring to it.

Couldn't we just go with stainless?

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-not-a-jimmy-buffett-pinball/page/2?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.