3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by WesleyCowan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-2.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    br2.jpg
    beatlesrb.jpg
    DSC03638_2.jpg
    1035x689-aerosmith-1800-1397651110.jpg
    steventyler.png
    pinhead.jpeg
    wall.jpg
    Journey.jpg
    images.png
    th-2.jpeg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Why not a pin with a mix of music? Call it "Legends of Rock"
    Maybe even do a quick re-theme or conversion kit later and call it "Legends of Pop"

"K-Tel" Hits of the '90's.

#152 3 years ago

Although Pink Floyd has some awesome songs and artwork, does their music really lend itself well to pinball?
    Can anyone name a few Floyd songs that would work well in a pin?
    Anything from dark side or the wall? no
    Anything from their earlier stuff... atom heart mother, animals, wish you were here, saucer full of secrets, meddle etc? no
    their newer (compared to dark side and the wall) momentary lapse, wish you were here, delicate sounds of thunder? no
    I love tunes from all these albums but none would be any good to play pinball to...its like "One" on MET, its out of place (and I think One is in my top 3 Metallica songs)

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I love tunes from all these albums but none would be any good to play pinball to...its like "One" on MET, its out of place (and I think One is in my top 3 Metallica songs)

I actually love picking One in Metallica...starts things off kinda mellow... and when you start a mode, the heavy music really kicks in - the contrast is very obvious and I get pumped for that mode or Multiball!

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Although Pink Floyd has some awesome songs and artwork, does their music really lend itself well to pinball?

No.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

No.

#155 3 years ago

Funny topic, cause acdc and met are 2 of the best pins stern has ever made, and it looks like kiss will be a winner too.

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Anything from dark side or the wall?

Run like hell

I've been petitioning Stern to make a "Wolfgang Press" pin for years, it's probably next

#157 3 years ago

image.jpg
    #158 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I actually love picking One in Metallica...starts things off kinda mellow... and when you start a mode, the heavy music really kicks in - the contrast is very obvious and I get pumped for that mode or Multiball!

Yep, sometimes I'll be in a mood where I want to take a trip down memory lane and listen to a slow Metallica song I remember from high school and play pinball at the same time.

...which is why I was surprised to see that "I Was Made For Loving You" wasn't included in the KISS pinball. Too disco and not cool for the hardcore KISS fans?

So to get back on topic, why not a "good" music pin? Because the band you think are "good" won't sell bucketloads like AC/DC, Metallica and KISS.

Cheers!
    Adam.

#159 3 years ago

Come on Stern with the new docu-movie coming out soon let's see a N.W.A pin.......lol

"coming straight outta Elk Grove" lol

image.jpg
    #160 3 years ago

Queens of the Stone Age featuring Feel Good Hit of the Summer multiball!

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps pinball itself has outlived it's own relevance by becoming a hobby of nostalgia, but in doing so it has affirmed it's own death sentence by not trying to appeal to a younger generation. When it finally does fade out for good along with the rest of us, our kids will be left wondering what to do with these contraptions that are monuments to bands and movies that they never heard of and have no reason to have any interest in.

No you are dead wrong!! There are plenty of pins being made for young people at Stern. Star Trek, Walking Dead, Family Guy, Tron, Pirates, LOTR, Simpsons, XMen, Avengers etc... These are all themes enjoyed by a young audience proving that pulling young people into pinball is just not that easy.

#162 3 years ago

Fast furious7 was a missed opportunity.

#163 3 years ago

Phish would sell out in 5 min they have a following like no other

#164 3 years ago

th-2.jpeg

#165 3 years ago

based on the number of times that GNR, Metallica, AC/DC, and KISS are heard during midwestern hockey games (a lot), the next two candidates are Black Sabbath and the Ramones.

#167 3 years ago

I just got to be honoust, i think i know what good pinball themes are. I think i still do. But....

When it comes on picking a music theme for pinball, i simply have no idea what would work.

Acdc?? No chance! (I love acdc!), met? Meh.... Kiss??? Are you insain???

I got it all wrong.... Awesome pins, all of them, kiss will be another winner too.

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

There was a study just done that concluded that a vast majority of Men stop listening to new music by age 33. Since most of the pinball collecting crowd is older than 33 it only makes sense to choose classic rock bands for themes vs. anything new.

stfu, mike!

1 week later
    #169 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

There was a study just done that concluded that a vast majority of Men stop listening to new music by age 33.

Funny, that's when I pretty much grew out of listening to most of the bands they are theming machines after now. I must be getting younger.

#170 3 years ago

Floyd pin would be as sad as a Nirvana pin, or a Radiohead pin. Bands that don't have the aura of "fun" surrounding them would be DOA. I love both of them for the record. Radiohead is probably one of my top 5 fav. bands.

#171 3 years ago

I also thought They Might Be Giants or Weird Al could be pretty good fun pins. Both ,especially, weird Al would probably be open to doing custom voice work since they are kind of goofy try anything bands.

#172 3 years ago

how about YES in the round

They had a round rotating stage in the middle of Olympia Stadium Detroit MI (before Joe Louis )

So you make rotating playfield about 16" in diameter.

Time Machine, Zaccaria 1983, had a playfield that would raise and lower.

Or am I just nuts.

#173 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drewblood419:

Come on Stern with the new docu-movie coming out soon let's see a N.W.A pin.......lol
    "coming straight outta Elk Grove" lol

image.jpg

Straight outta the shooter lane, crazy MF named Lyman.

1 week later
    #174 3 years ago

Motörhead would be absolutely perfect for a pin. There are so many high speed songs that would fit fantastically for pinball.
    I'd also like a Bolt Thrower pin but that's unlikely.

1 month later
    #175 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Anything from dark side or the wall? no
    Anything from their earlier stuff... atom heart mother, animals, wish you were here, saucer full of secrets, meddle etc? no
    their newer (compared to dark side and the wall) momentary lapse, wish you were here, delicate sounds of thunder? no

not sure why it would have to be a whole song. i think if there was some thought put into it you could activate different soundbytes/clips from various songs each on album and have a mode for each album. certainly plenty of awesome segments from animals for instance. same with the wall, dark side, wish you were here etc. add to that the various characters and visual representations from each album and it would be way cool. how a kiss machine gets made twice with that rubbish they produced is beyond me...

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

No disrespect to those who like Kiss, Metalica , or AC/DC but it would be great to have a music pin that is more shall I say ..... Instrumental ?
    Obviously a matter of taste but.....
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Grateful Dead (that would be interesting )
    ZZtop
    Oh Well

Would love to see a U2 pin but doesn't seem like Stern's style to me. Pink Floyd would be great if it was a Ritchie pin and done right. Same with Beatles.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 249.00
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside