3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by WesleyCowan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-2.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    br2.jpg
    beatlesrb.jpg
    DSC03638_2.jpg
    1035x689-aerosmith-1800-1397651110.jpg
    steventyler.png
    pinhead.jpeg
    wall.jpg
    Journey.jpg
    images.png
    th-2.jpeg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

No disrespect to those who like Kiss, Metalica , or AC/DC but it would be great to have a music pin that is more shall I say ..... Instrumental ?

Obviously a matter of taste but.....

Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Grateful Dead (that would be interesting )
    ZZtop

Oh Well

#2 3 years ago

Glenn Miller.

LTG : )™

#3 3 years ago

Veruca Salt

#4 3 years ago

Glenn Miller yes

Miles Davis yes

#5 3 years ago

Stern seems to be following a very UN-risky pattern here with their releases... so I think its quite possible you will see SOME of those in the future.... well, maybe not ZZTOP

And.... I wonder at the availability of the Beatles license?

Anyways, there seems to be no end to the comic book and rock band theme.... and shit, if Stern is willing to do WWE, its hard to imagine ANYTHING is beneath them.... Kardashians next up?

#6 3 years ago

Randy Newman, The music could just describe what the ball is doing!
    "The ball went up a ramp"
    "Two-chimes"
    "Jackpot"
    "ball rolls back"

#7 3 years ago

If I win the lottery , here come a Pink Floyd pin with magnepan speakers

#8 3 years ago

Bros bitches!!!!

#9 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin would be brilliant.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Glenn Miller.
    LTG : )™

That would be wild for a pin with a retro EM feel to it.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from grifter:

Led Zeppelin would be brilliant.

Your time is gonna come. See what I did there?

#12 3 years ago

Music from Bands like MET and ACDC lend them selves well to high adreniline, fast paced and frenetic action. Instrumental music could work well if properly assimilated into the game play though IMO may not carry a similar level of 'intensity'.

#13 3 years ago

A Blues pin including :

Freddie King
    Stevie Ray
    BB
    Buddy Guy

#14 3 years ago

I'm holding out for a Hall and Oates pin where you can choose before you play the game which singer you would like to be.-like in Transformers.

#15 3 years ago

"Led Zeppelin is next" will echo through Pinside for the next 3 years now.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

"Led Zeppelin is next" will echo through Pinside for the next 3 years now.

You mean after Maiden right?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Stern seems to be following a very UN-risky pattern here with their releases... so I think its quite possible you will see SOME of those in the future.... well, maybe not ZZTOP
    And.... I wonder at the availability of the Beatles license?

You act as those Stern could just *choose* to do any of those licenses (Pink Floyd, Beatles) but that's not the case. Licensing would be a serious hurdle.

#18 3 years ago

Why not Bing Crosby? He has half a billion records in circulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_Crosby

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from JMK:

Music from Bands like MET and ACDC lend them selves well to high adreniline, fast paced and frenetic action. Instrumental music could work well if properly assimilated into the game play though IMO may not carry a similar level of 'intensity'.

Quoted from RobT:

You act as those Stern could just *choose* to do any of those licenses (Pink Floyd, Beatles) but that's not the case. Licensing would be a serious hurdle.

I think these two posts sum up any real hurtles for a music pin that isn't as wide reaching as a Kiss or AC/DC.

But, while we're daydreaming, why not just kill two birds with one stone and release a Guardians Of The Galaxy pin featuring the full soundtrack. It would be a great compromise for a sweeping of genres and tempo as far as music goes, it would reach a large crowd, and the licensing would be expensive yet possibly more reachable since it was all already brought together for a soundtrack. (Plus Stern specifically likes working directly with the "showrunners" of these things sometimes, and James Gunn would be excellent for championing this pin through Marvel and Disney.

#20 3 years ago

I'm waiting for Queen! Would be awesome!

#21 3 years ago

Megadeth
    Slayer
    Anthrax
    Iron Maiden

#22 3 years ago

Does anyone think that Stern hasn't at least looked into the possibility of Led Zeppelin or Beatles? There is most likely a reason the can't make those pins. Licensing is most likely that reason.

Pink Floyd is great, but they won't sell pins like AC/DC, MET, or Kiss will. Same with ZZ top or Grateful dead.

#24 3 years ago

Queen would be awesome

Quoted from PINBELL:I'm waiting for Queen! Would be awesome!

I really think it would be awesome but it'll never happen.

Beatles have the most universal appeal and could be really psychedelic and cool but the license cost is probably too ridiculous.

Kiss is actually likely the most approachable band title to date (aside from rolling stones which was done very poorly).

I'd love to see bands like talking heads, the kinks, the clash, the ramones, velvet underground, etc. but I understand why they'll never happen. But I'm pretty stoked about big lebowski pinball as it has alot of good music to be included.

#25 3 years ago

They prefer artists who get more wide spread appeal and collectors I guess. I'm not a Kiss or ACDC fan but those two would get the pub crowd (especially here in australia). Metallica is a head scratcher for me, I was never a fan of those but the people I know that used to like them consider them a joke band now?

I'd like to see more of a show theme, like woodstock or blues fest or something that combines a few different artists and covers a genre.

#26 3 years ago

I'm waiting for the Bach Pinball.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I'm waiting for the Bach Pinball.

The LE was the badass one

Bach_Pinball.jpg
    #28 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The LE was the badass one

Bach_Pinball.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Its perfect! It can go in my new crawlspace gameroom!

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

I'm waiting for Queen! Would be awesome!

Totally agree!!!

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Grateful Dead (that would be interesting )
    ZZtop

Zeppelin is probably a really hard license to approve
    Beatles license is outragous for ANYTHING. Didn't Mad men pay a mint for just using one song on their show?
    Grateful dead - perhaps, how many dead heads are also pinball fans?
    ZZtop - I still think this would be cool (and they already appeared on LW3 and high speed the getaway), it's only inevitable that they get their own game (and the ford eliminator car toy would rock)

KISS really only makes sense, they are the king of merchandising. Name another band that has sold more crap than them. Why else would Stern go back to releasing pro/premium/LE from the beginning? Probably because Gene said he wants to sell as many units as possible.

#31 3 years ago

I'd like to see a Red Hot Chilli Peppers pinball.

#32 3 years ago

I would buy a Grateful Dead pin for sure! Led Zep, Pink Floyd and Rush would also be tops on my list.

Here is a post I made recently which looked at band popularity using Facebook likes (an imperfect measure of course), since I know that a large target market would be a factor in the decision. Of course license feasibility is the show stopper.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-music-themes-any-more-hope

I know Facebook isn't the only measure of popularity, but for kicks I looked at Facebook likes for rock / alternative bands that formed pre-1990. There were only 21 rock bands / artists with > 10 million likes. I left off Michael Jackson with 75M likes and Madonna with 18M because they were a bit too pop for me. Any others that you think I missed? There were lots of other bands in the 4-6 million range (Van Halen, Scorpions, Skynyrd, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, etc.). The Who only had 5.6M likes but of course they are special.

Besides Kiss in the works, who is our best hope for a new machine? One of these or someone else??

1) 41.3 Beatles (1967 Williams - Beat Time)
    2) 36.9 Metallica (2013 Stern)
    3) 32.0 Green Day
    4) 29.8 AC/DC (2012 Stern)
    5) 29.5 Guns and Roses (1994 Data East)
    6) 29.1 Pink Floyd
    7) 28.4 Queen
    8 28.0 Nirvana
    9) 27.8 Red Hot Chili Peppers
    10) 26.0 Bon Jovi
    11) 19.5 The Rolling Stones (1980 Bally, 2011 Stern)
    12) 17.4 U2
    13) 16.5 The Doors
    14) 16.0 Aerosmith
    15) 13.1 Led Zeppelin
    16) 13.1 Iron Maiden
    17) 12.6 Kiss (1979 Bally, 2015? Stern)
    18) 12.6 Elvis Presley (2004 Stern)
    19) 11.7 Black Sabbath
    20) 11.7 Radiohead
    21) 10.1 Pearl Jam

#33 3 years ago

Since you said so many bands, why not just end it all right here and right now?
    Design a generic pin with a high quality sound system in it that you install a custom translite of your favorite band and download your own tunes into it, maybe some other customizable features and plastics for the more popular artists. Get tired of your tune selection for the machine, change them. Get tired of your favorite band, change the whole art package.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from JMK:

Exactly. U2 fits the instrumental rock category. I really like U2's music and they are as popular if not more popular then ACDC and Metallica. However, a majority of their music wouldn't fit well in a pinball machine as a lot of it is not fast paced. I couldn't imagine playing a "With or Without You" song in any mode or multiball.

A U2 pin could be done though. They do have at least 10 songs that have a good pace to them. U2 also has appeal from a wide audience like ACDC does.

#35 3 years ago

Does anyone remember the videogame "Brutal Legend" from a few years back? It was a Heavy Metal videogame that starred Jack Black and featured a bunch of Metal Musicians such as Ozzy, Lemmy, Rob Halford, Lita Ford, etc. and had a great soundtrack of songs. Something like this would make an awesome pinball machine! You have the best of both worlds in an original story/art mixed with licensed content and musicians. It would probably be hard to pull all the licensing together but obviously they were able to do it for the videogame, so maybe it would be possible on a pinball machine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%C3%BCtal_Legend

Here's one of the trailers to give you an idea:

#36 3 years ago

Kiss was released because of mass appeal and the rights to their songs is probably about 2 cents. Well written songs from bands like Zep, Beatles, Floyd , and others are probably way too expensive for a pinball machine. Maybe next music pin will be Motley Crue . They probably pay you to use their songs.

#37 3 years ago

Obviously a matter of taste but.....

Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    Phish

Ever since My wife got into pinball with me, and found out about being able to re-theme games, she said that we have to do I re-theme for one of the above bands.

#38 3 years ago

Yeah, why not a GOOD MUSIC pin...original.jpg

#39 3 years ago

why not a good music pin? Simple the IP would cost too much

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Design a generic pin with a high quality sound system in it that you install a custom translite of your favorite band and download your own tunes into it, maybe some other customizable features and plastics for the more popular artists. Get tired of your tune selection for the machine, change them. Get tired of your favorite band, change the whole art package.

That was my idea. It would be like a jukebox mixed with pinball - pinjuke if you will. Others pointed out that licensing would be a nightmare for on location. Shouldn't be an issue if it's for the home only.

#41 3 years ago

Man I have been digging some Volbeat here lately. Good stuff.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

My favorite band by far. Good stuff

#43 3 years ago

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but Just buy a mustang and install your own music taste. I have over 15 different bands in my mustang; Racing + music + great layout + great rules = win win

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Good call! I might need to add them to my mustang

#45 3 years ago

I might have to substitute a little "Are you Experienced" to my Met. Loading some Zeppelin this week.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

That is a GREAT idea!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-favorite-band-music-pin-right-here

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Yeah, why not a GOOD MUSIC pin...original.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Not joking at all, but I actually heard a Volbeat song on commercial radio last summer!

#48 3 years ago

If no newer bands are worthy of their own machine, I'd be willing to go with some kind of Alt Nation theme. Multiple bands and licensing should not be a problem. These bands like for their music to be heard. Not overly interested in pure profit.

th-2.jpeg

#50 3 years ago

Apparently Steve Perry was a pinball fan

Journey.jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 269.99
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 10.00
    $ 42.00
    $ 1,400.00
    There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside