Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MattElder
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which comedian would make the best pin?”

• Robin Williams 6 votes
      5%
    • Richard Pryor 2 votes
      2%
    • Jerry Seinfeld 12 votes
      10%
    • Chris Rock 2 votes
      2%
    • Rodney Dangerfield 7 votes
      6%
    • Dave Chapelle 11 votes
      9%
    • George Carlin 7 votes
      6%
    • Larry the Cableguy 1 vote
      1%
    • None at all. It’s a stupid idea 70 votes
      59%

(118 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    1794070_web1_gtr-liv-dunham-101219[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210902-101045_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
    6AA0CAE8-3BA8-4177-96C7-13E08BFD24D2 (resized).jpeg
    benny_hill_show (resized).jpg
    boxing-glove-surprise-my-own-design-35273877 (resized).jpg
    joe-pesci-i-amuse-you.gif
    download.jpeg-3 (resized).jpg
    The-Comedian-watchmen-21507912-2560-1714 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (41) (resized).jpg
    scud-simpsons,-southpark,-rick-and-morty-–-2018 (resized).jpg
    5EAB6DBC-F9F5-4B63-A89D-1B0D0D19DA90 (resized).jpeg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

I always thought The Three Stooges would make an interesting/fun theme.

It seems one of my other ideas is also currently being made.

Screenshot_20210902-101045_Samsung Notes (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210902-101045_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
    #52 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

There is no way to load enough comedy to stay fresh.

This is another job for Stern Insider Connected!

I think there are some other historical reference points to discuss. Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball shows what game play would be like if you try to have wacky things happen. I believe the Mad pinball from Data East was headed in that direction as well. There was a Three Stooges arcade video game from Gottlieb (Columbia Pictures connection). Medieval Madness is an example of hearing the same funny lines over and over, also Revenge From Mars .
    .................David Marston

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Dead wrong, Deadpool is hilarious.

Ur both wrong it has never existed.

#54 2 years ago

Mitch Hedberg should be added to the poll.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

I always thought The Three Stooges would make an interesting/fun theme. [quoted image]

Yeah, they're physical like a pinball machine, funny lines and name-calling instead of jokes, and timeless. Shemp would have to be included though or I wouldn't buy one.

#56 2 years ago
    1794070_web1_gtr-liv-dunham-101219[1] (resized).jpg1794070_web1_gtr-liv-dunham-101219[1] (resized).jpg
    #57 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

My wife was/is a comedian, who now buys comedy talent for live nation, I can tell you this would not work.
    First off yes, I saw my wife perform 100's of times, sometimes had to watch the same set 2 times a night, gets old. Real old (especially if the jokes are about you!)
    Secondly after seeing the hassle she has doing contracts with these jokers, I can't even begin to imagine the nightmare trying to get them to agree to anything.
    Comedy is great, stand up is great, for a pinball theme...
    Not so much.
    B

You clearly have more insight into the subject than I. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

#58 2 years ago

Please! Better yet if we can get Bobcat Goldthwait, Gilbert Godfried, and/or Jennifer Tilly doing the callouts!

- designer of Thunderbirds.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I used to play pinball. I still do, but I used to too.

I rarely drive steamboats, dad.

#60 2 years ago

I'm in for an LTG : ) VS beelzeboob pin with a touch of Rick Swanson.

LTG : )

#61 2 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #62 2 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I think maybe it could work if the theme was "stand-up". You could be an aspiring comedian who has to visit various famous comics to collect jokes and then use them on the stage.

So, what? Carlos Mencia?

#63 2 years ago

These pinballs are making me thirsty!

#64 2 years ago

I have long thought the TV show “Get Smart!” would make a great pin theme. Playfield could feature phone booth scoop, cone of silence, shoe phone, lane of successive “door” drop targets, and would have the classic Don Adams callouts: “Missed it by that much,” Sorry about that, Chief,” “Would you believe…,” and my favorite line from Agent 99 (after the death of Agent 43): “You’re worth two 43s, 86.”

#65 2 years ago

Carrottop!!!!

make it so, Gary Stern.

#66 2 years ago

I think if the theme (or at least a couple of modes) were about the comedian fighting off a heckler, then you might have some interest there! One challenge to all this, the number of callouts required is pretty high, like video game level

#67 2 years ago

A Chapelle Show pin would probably get my money, especially if Dave did the callouts. Otherwise…no thanks. And I love a lot of those guys listed.

#68 2 years ago

The only thing in this genre that I think could possibly translate to pinball is The Impractical Jokers. I'm sure their antics could be incorporated somehow. And hey, Q collects pins, and Sal had one (before they destroyed it with a monster truck), so that interest there might help the whole process along.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-not-a-comedian-themed-pin/page/2?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.