Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

There is a significant difference in cost. If you're making 550 of a pin, you buy 550 of all of the parts that you need for it. If you're making a Premium, do you risk that on buying 1000 sets, 500 sets, or 2500 sets? Pick wrong, and you're stuck with extras or you need to go back and make a small and quite costly order for extras.

X-Men doesn't have a premium because it allowed them to sell a known quantity of a game that they did not think was going to justify the risk of pre-ordering all of the parts. ACDC and Avengers were a popular theme long asked for and one of the hottest movies ever. Has nothing to do with the games.

They experiment around with each theme, but at the end of the day you have to go with your gut. Why isn't there a Premium of Tron, even though it clearly was popular enough that it could have supported one? They didn't think it was worth the risk at the time.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Better question, why no Tron Premium? Tron has appreciated, X-men depreciated.

At this point in it's life, Tron LE wasn't worth much more if any more than when they went on sale.

No Tron Premium for exactly the reason that I said. They bought 350 parts for Tron LEs or whatever the number was. Doing a run of 100 for Premiums or whatever would be a significantly higher cost, and everyone who bought an LE because of the limited nature and the fact that they did not talk about a Premium version would be angered / disappointed by that move.

It's bad business to anger the early adopters.

#26 11 years ago

I'm not able to quote things all of a sudden, sorry... but in response to whomever stated no good material in the three X-Men movies, the most recent X-Men movie was First Class (which, by the way, I thought was amazing) and it doesn't feature any of the actors from the first three movies. It didn't do so hot at the box office, and I totally get how a movie about them figuring out their powers wouldn't have a lot of interesting material to make a pin out of.

If you haven't seen X-Men First Class though, do it. I liked it more than the other three.

#28 11 years ago

^^ I saw First Class and Avengers at home in the same week. Admitedly, I was doing some other stuff while I was watching them (Oh, MGC how I love/hate you...) but I was mostly paying attention.

I liked First Class more than Avengers. Could be that I expected nothing out of First Class and too much out of Avengers though, but I was really impressed by it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-xmen-premium?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.