(Topic ID: 114706)

Why no updates on software in the works from stern?

By twinmice

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
releases.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Soltic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Christ chambaz your talking to guys that spend 20-50k on new games. Fly out to expo and other shows.
The exact people stern needs to care about. And you know what if I spend over 40k with you I clearly said I love you and you better let me bitch some too.

He knows who he's talking to.

Those figures are just the tip of the iceberg for some collectors 'round here - the types that can't be bothered w/ the tripe Andy's describing that continually floats to the top on pinside and therefore don't contribute.

The same shit that would deter any manufacturer from taking most people here seriously (I think it was said best on the c2c podcast re dp - that Barry was getting laughs at the responses from pinsiders who were saying "fuck it - I'm out" - when they weren't even in....).

Lyman described it well in his interview w Clay - back in the day when the rgp started he liked it better - probably because it was the universities that had web access and in general a different cross section of people at the start - now, too much human nature and all the respective baloney. Sound familiar?

chambahz isn't referring to me but I've hung w the designers, and there's one in town now that may visit in fact. When I spent time w SR and LS I can tell you that ST is Steve's pride and they ain't done - keeping a manufacturing line running is priority, that's a fact. Gary would clone Lyman if he could.

I don't like the theme!

I don't like the lack of updates!

I dont like the lack of code - at first!

Boycott Stern!

Boycott JJP!

Get the rope - we're gonna string up Jpop!

And those guys Barry and Jaap.....

Havent played WWE but let's recount the designers track record - theyre all turds!

Spike? Who's the Costello fan and it's a turd anyway because I don't like Costello.

If i spend 20-40k I expect Gary to kiss my fucking ass!

For those that "fly out to the shows" I'd love to see you spout the shit you spout here directly to those you insult.

I think the real question here is why the fuck do I let myself be bothered w the obvious lack of respect on any level - design, manufacturing or simply human decency....

It's probably because like I've said before - I think pinball deserves better.

Those that complain like children think they're passionate for simply buying or playing a game. Try dedicating your life to the game in design or manufacture and then have some nobody loudmouths rip you apart constantly.

Flame on. Because you cant help it.

ttfn

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Chambaz we were drinking with Ritchie on a patio in Chicago. I took the tour with Greg F. Gomez is one of my favorite designers and FB friend and I saw him in Chicago.
Don't take fair criticism for huge money spent to think A. We are not customers because we clearly are and B that we don't respect and even admire these individuals.
You are confusing things.

Fucking hilarious.

Huge money? Think again.

Oooh he's your FB buddy, whoa.

How do u think he got to that fucking patio?

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Calm down sparky. My point is we are decent customers who like and respect these guys. Wtf is your point?

Respect these guys? Bullshit.

Chambahz hit it on the fucking head and you gotta tell him he doesnt know who he's talking to?

You have no clue who you're talking to.

You ended up talking to SR on that patio because Todd M and I invited him up. And a whole bunch of others too, but only the 2 came.

Rod

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I don't care. Your not telling me I don't respect and care about these guys. It's my hobby dork bag. We both mean nothing to each other . I am as worthless to you as you to me. So get over it.
I love these guys and respect their work.
I still get to demand a decent working game after paying 8k for it and it has nothing to do with how much respect I have for them.
I don't blame them for a theme choice the top office has to pursue . I get it.
Nice of you to pop in and proclaimed your all importance though. All hail...

Sorry where I come from the only way you can demand anything from guys like these is if you're paying them, and you're not.

And then you insinuate well it's the brass that's responsible for theme choice so I guess you draw your respect line at the designers.

If it were a matter of sitting around shooting the shit over beers w these guys it would be one thing. But it's all done publicly and totally unabashed and when someone like chambahz starts to make some sense well shit we better find the excuses to shut him up and run the rant.

My importance? You ran the "I hung w Ritchie" line to shut chambahz down.

It's not your hobby, it's anybody's hobby, and it's a good hobby w a lot of passionate people and some who try to make a living at it that deserve better than the average attitude here.

Btw you are not worthless to me, I bet you a few drinks at expo and we will find our middle ground.

Rod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Soltic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-updates-on-software-in-the-works-from-stern?tu=Soltic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.