Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by RatShack
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why no "The Doors" pinball machine???”

• Yes---it'll get made because the music lends itself well to pinball and it could have some killer art. 19 votes
      19%
    • Yes---"The Doors" could have been HUGE if Jim would have lived longer 6 votes
      6%
    • No---much better music options (Queen) and it's going to be very hard after GNR 33 votes
      33%
    • No---the music sucks ass 42 votes
      42%

(100 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-big-lebowski-bowling.gif
    Black_Sabbath_debut_album (resized).jpg
    52D08520-74C7-4526-BCC5-03FEF45E1F4D.gif
    ed35a49a8f1ae65b87ac36482adb665f (resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 39 days ago

I’d do a Doors pin. What the heck why not??
    Any classic rock band, I’m basically in.

#52 39 days ago

The doors fuckin rule.

A doors pin would rule

Densmore will have to crack eventually!!!

#53 38 days ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

So true. Doors were clearly the Duran Duran of that era. From the nonsense pretentious lyrics to the horrible vocals. Just a silly Animals knock off with a pretty boy singer who died young. Laughable.

Really? Duran Duran?

#54 38 days ago

This sounds like a late 1960s version of the Sex Pistols. That Duran Duran comment doesn't make any sense at all.

#55 38 days ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

So true. Doors were clearly the Duran Duran of that era. From the nonsense pretentious lyrics to the horrible vocals. Just a silly Animals knock off with a pretty boy singer who died young. Laughable.

Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Really? Duran Duran?

I read that as sarcasm

#56 38 days ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Really? Duran Duran?

If I hear "Girls On Film" on the radio, I'll listen to it.

But if I hear "Light My Fire" (for the zillionth time,) I'm changing the station.

#57 38 days ago

One day I'll realize my dream of designing a Wu-Tang Clan machine.

#58 38 days ago

Doors would be cool but there’s still a lot of bigger fish to fry…inside and outside of music…

#59 38 days ago
    Quoted from binhex:

One day I'll realize my dream of designing a Wu-Tang Clan machine.

If Duran Duran gets a machine, I think Wang Chung is due as well.

#60 38 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

If Duran Duran gets a machine, I think Wang Chung is due as well.

I never thought everybody should Wang Chung tonight.

Only some people.

#61 38 days ago

We’ve wandered far afield. Duran Duran has led you astray.

Let me be clear: The Doors suck.

They’re awful.

There will never be a Doors pin. Thank the Lord.

#62 38 days ago

My first Doors record was “Other Voices”. I was a fan of the Doors and it wasn’t until later I found out there had been another member of the band.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Doors music lately, it is amazing music! I’d never appreciated them enough. Not an ounce of fluff or filler, truly a brilliant bunch of musicians, very jazzy. The remasters seem to be pretty good.

That being said though, I’m not real big on pins which play music I have on CDs, so I’m neutral on the idea of a Doors pin. Maybe, if it includes the 64 minute version of “Rock is Dead”…

#63 38 days ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

My first Doors record was “Other Voices”. I was a fan of the Doors and it wasn’t until later I found out there had been another member of the band.
    I’ve been listening to a lot of Doors music lately, it is amazing music! I’d never appreciated them enough. Not an ounce of fluff or filler, truly a brilliant bunch of musicians, very jazzy. The remasters seem to be pretty good.
    That being said though, I’m not real big on pins which play music I have on CDs, so I’m neutral on the idea of a Doors pin. Maybe, if it includes the 64 minute version of “Rock is Dead”…

Wow, what a way to find out about a band! What did you think when you heard the Morrison records? Other Voices and Full Circle do have a couple of good songs each

#64 37 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, what a way to find out about a band! What did you think when you heard the Morrison records? Other Voices and Full Circle do have a couple of good songs each

Truth be told, I’m not sure I was immediately blown away by the older records, but it was hard not to be amazed by that sonorous voice. I believe Soft Parade was my 2nd purchase, which is perhaps one of the “easier” records. I think Other Voices is a pretty accessible record, the Doors with Morrison made the listener work a bit harder (but man it’s worth it!).

#65 37 days ago

Why no Barry Manilow pinball?

#66 37 days ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Why no Barry Manilow pinball?

Engelbert Humperdinck comes first.

#67 37 days ago

Love the doors. Probably my favorite band.
    As a theme for a pin, eh.

On the other side of that, i am not a big ac/ dc fan but i will own that pin.

Most times for me, theme is third
    1 game play
    2 artwork
    3 theme/ toys

So it would depend more on if i liked the way it played and the way it looked. Being a doors theme would seal the deal.

#68 37 days ago

Needs at least 1 saucer that makes you listen to Jim's rambling poetry before kicking out.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside