(Topic ID: 283843)

Why no Snoop Dogg Pin?

By KenPin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03AEDA40-71C4-4ECD-8338-27460C62BE94 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5821 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 3 years ago

I think the reality is lots of pins could be made that people might not know they'd like until they tried them. If you just ask for music people say they want you're gonna hear the same rock bands you always hear, just like you see the same 80s movies in every dream theme thread. That doesn't mean that's the only market or the only thing that would sell. Music is always personal. Plenty of people don't like Iron Maiden or GNR, doesn't mean they were bad choices either.

If you started a poll asking people if they wanted an EDM pin it would likely get a lukewarm response, but if there are people who don't love how TNA sounds I haven't met them yet.

High energy music is good pinball music. Yeah, pinball is full of old white men, but the truth is the demographic that's becoming bigger in the hobby, and who has money, are young enough to have grown up with rap. Maybe a more "urban" sound wouldn't sell to the people in their 60s, but people in their 40s might be a different case. There was a time the older generation was shocked by bands like ACDC too, and thought it was crap.

But in my mind at least it's less about the audience and more about the creators. You need people who are passionate about a theme to make it work. And I dunno who that would be. Hard to see it coming out of Stern for instance.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Are you trying to say a bunch of white dudes can’t make a banging rap pin?

I know you're just kidding, but not at all. I listen to a lot of rap. I've produced multiple rap albums. I'm white. That's definitely not the issue.

I'm just not sure any company right now has a crew of people from designers to programmers to audio guys that are passionate enough about the genre to do it right. But hey, if pinball stick around long enough we'll see it eventually.

#34 3 years ago

Someone said Run the Jewels already, that's actually probably the smartest move I could think of. Half white, so it's a gateway group. I can see El P and Mike doing custom callouts and getting into it. They have an engaged base of people who do custom art stuff for them, and, a secret weapon.

They can engage the Rick and Morty fan base, which as already infected pinball.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

I think Wu Tang would have potential, especially for mode design, mix in some cheesy kung fu clips and you're golden.

With an extra large trough for the 36 ball multiball? I'm in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-snoop-dogg-pin?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.