(Topic ID: 283843)

Why no Snoop Dogg Pin?

By KenPin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03AEDA40-71C4-4ECD-8338-27460C62BE94 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5821 (resized).jpg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Just for a little change of pace, to mix up the line up, why not a Snoop Dogg pinball?

#2 3 years ago

Cuz they wouldn’t sell thousands of them. Maybe spooky or ap will make one.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from KenPin:

Just for a little change of pace, to mix up the line up, why not a Snoop Dogg pinball?

Because there would be chronic issues with it.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Funny

#5 3 years ago

He only had one good album but add west coast rap and you’ll have something

#6 3 years ago

Maybe because there wouldnt be as big of a market for the home pinball buyer. I am guessing that the majority of home pinball buyers are males between the age of 35 - 50??. Rap/Hip Hop is not as popular as the classic rock bands maybe for this market?.
    I am just guessing?.

#7 3 years ago

I'd be in if they include Nate dogg and the dogg pound.

#8 3 years ago

Only interested if it comes coded with Martha Stewart Inmate Multiball...

#9 3 years ago

Couldnt see the ball from the smoke mod under the glass

#10 3 years ago

Would the two player version be Flava Flav?

#11 3 years ago

Snoop Lion LE?

#12 3 years ago

Because he is a sell out, big headed freak.
    You did ask!

#13 3 years ago

Not Snoop, but this is as close as you're gonna get...

#14 3 years ago

If Led Zep barely had 2 songs with a fast enough tempo for pinball, can you imagine finding 10 popular fast Snoop tracks??

And if pinsiders get upset about a wonderful chocolate commercial, can you imagine their response to Snoop?

ICP is probably the best bet if a rap pin ever gets made. They are white, have a faster tempo, and have plenty of graphical branding.

Hell, the older pinsiders will think it's KISS and buy it before they even hear it.

Night Of The Chainsaw - ICP

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If Led Zep barely had 2 songs with a fast enough tempo for pinball, can you imagine finding 10 popular fast Snoop tracks??
    And if pinsiders get upset about a wonderful chocolate commercial, can you imagine their response to Snoop?
    ICP is probably the best bet if a rap pin ever gets made. They are white, have a faster tempo, and have plenty of graphical branding.
    Hell, the older pinsiders will think it's KISS and buy it before they even hear it.

"He’ll eat monopoly and shit out connect 4"

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Personally I’m into Snoop’s laconic flow for pinball.

I agree there are parts of Zeppelin where they take their time getting to the next movement in their songs arrangement (which I don’t mind as an old Phish phan), but the highs of Zeppelin are great pinball tunes.

With Snoop the tempo is slower but it’s steady. Most of the beats and loops of that era weren’t particularly complex, so I think they work better than certain Zeppelin songs.

Anyhow my vote for hardcore rap pin is Run the Jewels

Edit also let’s get real, the only rap pin that might actually happen is Beastie Boys

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Edit also let’s get real, the only rap pin that might actually happen is Beastie Boys

That could be pretty awesome.

#19 3 years ago

Here you go Pat Lawlor, The Grid. Dialed In!2

#20 3 years ago

If there would be a player-selectable option to cut out the "vocals" and leave only instrumentals (i.e. actual music), I might go for it. But being forced to listen to (c)rap while playing would be a huge turnoff for me, to the point I would even leave it out of my league/tournament game lineups if on location.

#21 3 years ago

Since he did lots of nice work with eminem and dr dre a pin featuring thoose three would be awesome.

#22 3 years ago

Snoop dog, good lord no!

#23 3 years ago

I was buying my dog treats today and found some made by Snoop Dogg.

IMG_5821 (resized).jpgIMG_5821 (resized).jpg
    #24 3 years ago

I’m not opposed to a rap pin, but if they do one I think they should take a different approach. Maybe just an “old school” rap pin with various artists. I think that would do well.

#25 3 years ago

i am in the lower range here and snoop dog was constantly on the radio when i was younger. having said that, no thanks.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

No me opongo a un pin de rap, pero si lo hacen, creo que deberían adoptar un enfoque diferente. Tal vez solo un pin de rap de la "vieja escuela" con varios artistas. Creo que estaría bien.

With a retro touch, it would look great

#28 3 years ago

I think the reality is lots of pins could be made that people might not know they'd like until they tried them. If you just ask for music people say they want you're gonna hear the same rock bands you always hear, just like you see the same 80s movies in every dream theme thread. That doesn't mean that's the only market or the only thing that would sell. Music is always personal. Plenty of people don't like Iron Maiden or GNR, doesn't mean they were bad choices either.

If you started a poll asking people if they wanted an EDM pin it would likely get a lukewarm response, but if there are people who don't love how TNA sounds I haven't met them yet.

High energy music is good pinball music. Yeah, pinball is full of old white men, but the truth is the demographic that's becoming bigger in the hobby, and who has money, are young enough to have grown up with rap. Maybe a more "urban" sound wouldn't sell to the people in their 60s, but people in their 40s might be a different case. There was a time the older generation was shocked by bands like ACDC too, and thought it was crap.

But in my mind at least it's less about the audience and more about the creators. You need people who are passionate about a theme to make it work. And I dunno who that would be. Hard to see it coming out of Stern for instance.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

But in my mind at least it's less about the audience and more about the creators. You need people who are passionate about a theme to make it work. And I dunno who that would be. Hard to see it coming out of Stern for instance.

Are you trying to say a bunch of white dudes can’t make a banging rap pin?

#30 3 years ago

Cause Snoop don’t play dat.

03AEDA40-71C4-4ECD-8338-27460C62BE94 (resized).jpeg03AEDA40-71C4-4ECD-8338-27460C62BE94 (resized).jpeg
    #31 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Are you trying to say a bunch of white dudes can’t make a banging rap pin?

I know you're just kidding, but not at all. I listen to a lot of rap. I've produced multiple rap albums. I'm white. That's definitely not the issue.

I'm just not sure any company right now has a crew of people from designers to programmers to audio guys that are passionate enough about the genre to do it right. But hey, if pinball stick around long enough we'll see it eventually.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I know you're just kidding, but not at all. I listen to a lot of rap. I've produced multiple rap albums. I'm white. That's definitely not the issue.
    I'm just not sure any company right now has a crew of people from designers to programmers to audio guys that are passionate enough about the genre to do it right. But hey, if pinball stick around long enough we'll see it eventually.

I’m only part joking.

Not only do they need to have the passion to see it through, but they need a certain respect for what the first real rap pin would mean to a lot of pinball people.

It’s ok when a dad rock pin doesn’t rock someone’s socks off. There’s a dozen of them to pick from, if someone is even into that sort of thing.

But they’re not going to get a lot of chances with a rap pin. It has to hit on all cylinders. Gameplay, mechs, art, assets (rap videos are the best!)

And that’s without even getting into the politics, subject matter, and vernacular of rap.

Imagine if Barry Oursler did a rap pin

#33 3 years ago

Cause snoop is a scumbag that don't deserve no pin.

#34 3 years ago

Someone said Run the Jewels already, that's actually probably the smartest move I could think of. Half white, so it's a gateway group. I can see El P and Mike doing custom callouts and getting into it. They have an engaged base of people who do custom art stuff for them, and, a secret weapon.

They can engage the Rick and Morty fan base, which as already infected pinball.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Someone said Run the Jewels already, that's actually probably the smartest move I could think of. Half white, so it's a gateway group. I can see El P and Mike doing custom callouts and getting into it. They have an engaged base of people who do custom art stuff for them, and, a secret weapon.

I keep thinking I should make my homebrew RTJ. Just something about the idea of Killer Mike spitting lines about late stage capitalism on a luxury toy makes me smile.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

That’s awesome!!! Love Rick and Morty

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm totally in on a Snoop pin. The ONLY reason I could agree with an ICP pin is if it had lots of magnets and there was a "magnets, how do they work?" multi ball.

#38 3 years ago

Someone mentioned that the majority of home buyers for pins is age 35-50. It's more like 35-70, and I don't know how well snoop would do with the over 50 segment.

#39 3 years ago

Snoop doesn’t have enough hits. Who could have a pin in their house with his album cover plastered all over or blasting his lyrics?
    If the NWA gang could package in their solo efforts like Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Easy..- maybe have enough. Easy E- he came out of nowhere, “easily I approach, the microphone because I ain’t no joke, tell your momma..”. Time well spent over 30 years ago! Some quote Shakespeare, Keats, I got Easy E. Polarizing lyrics, though. Same with Public Enemy. RTJ is not in same class as any of these.

Wu Tang is probably the best bet, but I couldn’t listen to. Beastie Boys should be first rap pin- sorry, they check most of the boxes except race. Were they good because they were white, or they were fun to listen to? “Girls!- to do the dishes. Girls!- to clean up my room..”

If looking for a minority music pin, has to be Beyone, Prince, or TV on the Radio- (not as popular but music is a great fit). And what are we even saying with this? Are we seeing plenty of African American game rooms on here with only Shaq, Space Jam, Ghostbusters, and Fastbreak? I would hope not- because that would be very racist of them...

Somebody should do a Lando pin- coolest pin ever. “Hello, what have we here?” I’m calling up Billy Dee.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Comment of the year!

#41 3 years ago

I’d dig a pin with 2pac’s music.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think that's it.
    It just won't sell, Spooky could do a 500 run of an older Rap group from the 80's maybe early 90's but Stern? no way. JJP? come on. This hobby is dominated by RnR old guys and that's what we get. I think the answer is Slayer. If u think about it he's rapping. Maybe hes rapping, who cares I just want a slayer pin

#43 3 years ago

For pinball to appeal to today's generation of musical listeners, you need something more sophisticated. Something like WAP....

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from KenPin:

Because he sold out a long time ago?

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Because he sold out a long time ago?

That’s why he’s perfect. He does voice call outs for Call of Duty. He’d could drop 16 bars for a pin. Snoop seems like he’d do a pin for a LE and a pound of your finest smokeables.

#46 3 years ago

Snoop is kind of a "brand" at this point, and the game would double as the first official Weed themed pin. There's be an audience for it, and Snoop would certainly do voice calls. That dude will do anything for a buck.

BRING IT ON I say!

#47 3 years ago

Could you imagine a SLE edition that comes with mink fur on the armor?

Cadillac made a Snoop de Ville in the mid 00s. He’s down to do whatever

Gary says pinball is for bars and taverns. Time for coffee shops.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

That’s why he’s perfect. He does voice call outs for Call of Duty. He’d could drop 16 bars for a pin. Snoop seems like he’d do a pin for a LE and a pound of your finest smokeables.

I was just joking. As in, you cant find one because they sold... And obviously cuz he sold out but thats normal for rappers later in life. Cant go thuggin forever ha.

#49 3 years ago

I think Wu Tang would have potential, especially for mode design, mix in some cheesy kung fu clips and you're golden.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

I think Wu Tang would have potential, especially for mode design, mix in some cheesy kung fu clips and you're golden.

Have you seen the Wu-Tang pinball thread?

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-snoop-dogg-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.