(Topic ID: 98255)

Why no Shopout Difficulty rating on here?

By Blackbeard

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by nighttaco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I think this was discussed prior, but why again isn't there a section on rating the difficulty of shopping a pin? I know its very subjective and depends on one's ability, etc., but c'mon. Something is better than nothing.

I always ask others who have a certain pin about the difficulty of the shop before I buy. Just seems like good info to know.

Can the mods add this feature? If not, what's the rationale?

#2 9 years ago

I think it's because skill sets vary. Something I find difficult may be easy to someone else. It would be easier to say "Technical Ability required to shop" and give it a 1-5 rating with 5 being the most difficult.

#3 9 years ago

I don't know if any machine is more difficult than another, but they definitely have varying degrees of time consumption.... My favorite machines are the ones that have 17 different sized hex posts that are all within a 1/4" in length from each other.... Gotta love taking 17 pictures of hex posts with a ruler before throwing them in the tumbler....

#4 9 years ago

Good idea, however, I agree with the comments above.

Plus, it depends upon your definition of shopping. Some folks take it further than others. It also depends on what parts need to be repaired/restored/replaced and how easy/hard it is to restore/repair or replace them.

There are simply too many conditions that factor into a simple difficulty rating in order for it to be at all useful.

#5 9 years ago

When you first set up your ability to rate a game on here though, there are sliding scales of what you deem more important.. i.e. how important the music is, or the light show etc.

Couldn't there be a way to rate your own ability in shopping a pin in general, and have that factor in when you rate a specific game's shop out?

#6 9 years ago

If 5 is difficult then they would all be rated 6 by me

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-shopout-difficulty-rating-on-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.