(Topic ID: 290476)

Why no quality infinity gauntlet mod for AIQ yet?

By Dantesmark

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SirSnarf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1629313481252 (resized).jpg
    B3DBF78C-DF14-4DAB-B062-F5DF5FECB47D (resized).png
    E14FAC82-370A-4559-B6BA-E7BDA7E090CF (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Is there one?

#3 3 years ago

There are at least a couple. Pinball refinery offers a service that airbrushes the original.

#4 3 years ago

Agreed what is out there as something needs done with that awful bland color in the corner of this incredible pin!

#5 3 years ago

I don't know what Keith was smoking when he allegedly said that the gauntlet would be great for modders. Stern DESTROYED any chance of that by SUPER-GLUING the dull-ugly opaque inserts for the infinity gems to the gauntlet on the face of the gauntlet. Makes it a huge pain to get them out without ruining the plastic of the gauntlet and is completely unnecessary for the integrity of the gauntlet.

I looked into vacuum-metalizing the gauntlet and adding cut and color appropriate semi-transparent stones, but due primarily to the super glue it's just not cost-effective to do.

Total shame because the one that shipped with the Prem and LE is a joke.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know what Keith was smoking when he allegedly said that the gauntlet would be great for modders. Stern DESTROYED any chance of that by SUPER-GLUING the dull-ugly opaque inserts for the infinity gems to the gauntlet on the face of the gauntlet. Makes it a huge pain to get them out without ruining the plastic of the gauntlet and is completely unnecessary for the integrity of the gauntlet.
    I looked into vacuum-metalizing the gauntlet and adding cut and color appropriate semi-transparent stones, but due primarily to the super glue it's just not cost-effective to do.
    Total shame because the one that shipped with the Prem and LE is a joke.

I beg to differ. Look at what Steve did with what he is offering. A little color goes a long way.

E14FAC82-370A-4559-B6BA-E7BDA7E090CF (resized).jpegE14FAC82-370A-4559-B6BA-E7BDA7E090CF (resized).jpeg
    #7 3 years ago

The glove is cool but I do not like the stones.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

I beg to differ. Look at what Steve did with what he is offering. A little color goes a long way.
    [quoted image]

It's good considering the constraints he is under with a crappy superglued source gauntlet to work with, but real, faceted, richly-colored gems that transmit light in a wider area than a dot in the middle and vacuum metalized gold metallic on the gauntlet itself would look a LOT cooler, and the metallic surface would come alive from the light reflecting off it in the AIQ light shows.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

The glove is cool but I do not like the stones.

The stones look like Easter eggs

I saw this one on offer up a while ago and thought that it might fit in that pin.

B3DBF78C-DF14-4DAB-B062-F5DF5FECB47D (resized).pngB3DBF78C-DF14-4DAB-B062-F5DF5FECB47D (resized).png
    #10 3 years ago

Whats steves handle?

#11 3 years ago

Hemi

#12 3 years ago

Pardon?

#13 3 years ago

I think he meant to say HemiOrange09

There's a key post in the main AIQ thread where he announced this service.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I think he meant to say HemiOrange09
    There's a key post in the main AIQ thread where he announced this service.

Correct, sorry for the confusion.

#15 3 years ago

I've had one in mind that I haven't had time to get to, and may never, so I don't mind revealing that my plan was to have it look as though Thanos is reaching around and through the right side of the cabinet (possibly looking as though he's breaking through the wood), with a slightly larger (and of course more detailed) glove gripping over the right ramp, so the ball goes under the palm, and with the stones/glove still angled in a way to be visible by the player.

Perhaps I'll get to it one day, or someone else will come out with an interesting upgrade. Otherwise, Steve's paint is certainly better than the dish washing glove.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know what Keith was smoking when he allegedly said that the gauntlet would be great for modders.

he didn't say it was great for modders. he said that if anyone decides they WANT to mod it, the framework is there. which is true.

#17 3 years ago

Stupid keith. Lol

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

he didn't say it was great for modders. he said that if anyone decides they WANT to mod it, the framework is there. which is true.

Maybe in the BROADEST sense, but the fact that Stern superglued in the lamest part (the ugly "gems") meant it was never going to be easy to mod.

4 months later
    #19 2 years ago

Dantesmark

Here's mine

FB_IMG_1629313481252 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1629313481252 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-quality-infinity-gauntlet-mod-for-aiq-yet?hl=mechulus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.