Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Someone on Pinside should have the experience and personality to start a pin show! Heck, they have shows about grills, pawn shops,storage buildings,ghosts,midgets,Amish,toys,trading,etc! I'd love to see a show about a pin collector, servicing and restoring, and doing a little flipping!

#2 10 years ago

Todd Tuckey at TNT amusements tried/is trying to get one going( Im not sure if they gave up or not).

#3 10 years ago

I don't know Todd Tuckey, but it would have to be someone likable, and honest(somewhat)! How about it Ted? I think you would be perfect. And, you KNOW people!!!

#4 10 years ago

It has to be somebody willing to look ridiculous on camera and you have to have some acting ability.

All of those reality shows have some of the worst writers in the world.

Each week's script has to be worse and more outrageous than the last.

The show will add a few actors as "employees" to round out the cast, so that you have the Joker, the Dummy, the Experienced Leader, the Hottie, the Crazy Old Man who's sometimes a genius......

#5 10 years ago

Because us pinheads are weird f'n people!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Each week's script has to be worse and more outrageous than the last.

Art imitates life.Shouldn't be that difficult.

#7 10 years ago

Because they'll edit you to look like a total geek or a jackass. I work close to the TV industry and have at least a dozen friends that have either had their own show, been on a show or are currently one one. NONE of them are happy with how they've been portrayed nor are they any better off today financially then when they entered the project. Some are worse off because of employment sacrifices they made to fit production schedules. In the end, IMHO, not worth it...

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Because they'll edit you to look like a total geek or a jackass.

Editing?!? We don't need no stinking editing for that!

Just bring back the "Starcade" game show.

#9 10 years ago

With all the fighting and carrying on about JJP vs Stern on this forum maybe the following could be a show -

The Real Houswives of Pinside

#10 10 years ago

Because nobody cares about pinball except us losers on this board...

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I gave you a thumbs up, but in all fairness no one cares aboot any of premises on reality &/or gameshows that are going on now. I watched 2 hours of dudes catching crabs for last night for got sakes; and then I watched Deadliest Catch. Why? Because they're on television dummy.

#12 10 years ago

As long as they bring some of the girls from Big Brother, I'll watch.

// Error: Image 120294 not found //

#13 10 years ago

You guy's REALLY want the rest of the world in on our hobby?

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

If there was a pin show, I think the market would get crazier that it already is! And, I don't care about the Amish, or the mafia, but I love the Amish Mafia show!!! It's all about who is on it! If you had someone like Richard Rawlings, or Danny "the count" Koker, it would fly!!!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

And, I don't care about the Amish, or the mafia, but I love the Amish Mafia show!!!

Literally...the best show on TV. It's so fake I cannot get enough. I mean when you're acting like a real show and you have to give someone a exorcism...that just demands my respect (somehow).

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

I don't care about the Amish, or the mafia, but I love the Amish Mafia show!!!

Oakland has a pinball mafia, but my vote would be for the crazy flipper fingers crew. They are a hard core crew. It would make for a lively show, no doubt. Think Jersey Shore Portlandia-style, only more drinking.

It would be cool if we could vote people off the island (here) and on to the show. I'd probably get a vote or two.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

With all the fighting and carrying on about JJP vs Stern on this forum maybe the following could be a show -
    The Real Houswives of Pinside

All this does remind me of late 90's message boards about wrestling when there were two large companies ducking it out over ratings in the WCW/WWF days. Everyone grows tired of the bickering eventually other than the Internet trolls who thrive in getting reactions from people.

I'm not sure how a reality show would really work with pinball.

#18 10 years ago

You think prices are high now? They would go even higher. Its a well known fact that reality shows based on the buying and selling of good always inflate prices to make it seem more interesting, just look at the times there have been pinball machines on pawn stars, American pickers etc..

#19 10 years ago

Two words; Steve Young.

#20 10 years ago

I think if anyone should have a show it should be the one and olny black_rose !!!!Just sayin

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from tpn2011:

I think if anyone should have a show it should be the one and olny black_rose !!!!Just sayin

Now you're talking!!!

#23 10 years ago

Maybe an online series??

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Because they'll edit you to look like a total geek or a jackass. I work close to the TV industry and have at least a dozen friends that have either had their own show, been on a show or are currently one one. NONE of them are happy with how they've been portrayed nor are they any better off today financially then when they entered the project. Some are worse off because of employment sacrifices they made to fit production schedules. In the end, IMHO, not worth it...

There was one exception to this, Ace Of Cakes on Food Network, but that's because Duff's brother was the one doing the show.

#25 10 years ago

My appearance on American Pickers was pretty much unscripted! We had to re-introduce ourselves, but the negotiations and deals were real!

#26 10 years ago

Pimp my pin. The mods used here are over the top. This would be hard to beat.

#27 10 years ago

Oh F_ck no... seriously.

I have way too much respect for our little corner of the world to even consider letting the reality TV snakes in. I can just imagine it now. All the questions from all the idjits in TeeVee land asking me "What's it really like?" and all I can tell them is. No, it's nothing like what you see on the Discovery Channel.

"Television is for retards" - Richard Pryor, after the cancellation of "The Richard Pryor Show" only 4 episodes into the series.

Post edited by SealClubber : Language

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

All the questions from all the idjits in TeeVee land asking me "What's it really like?"

Or "how much does it cost?". Do we REALLY need to go there?

#29 10 years ago

Spooky Pinball/Ben Heck would be a good show, or Stern Vrs Jersey Jack.

#30 10 years ago

I would love this but hate this at the same time. It would probably turn into a hate-hate relationship quickly.

Hey guys, do me a favor. If a pinball reality show gets started on a decent cable network; please PM me so I can do a buying frenzy before prices go completely nutsy. Every guy with a rusty, rotten, mouse-poop-encrusted-ant-nest-with-flippers in his barn is going to be trying to unload the thing for a fortune.

#31 10 years ago

I don't think we're really looking for "reality show" in the sense that there's scripted crap. I'm thinking more like the format of "dirty jobs" where it shows real guys fixing / modding pins.

#32 10 years ago

That would bring every other joker into this hobby. Games would be impossible to find and all the games would get hacked.

#33 10 years ago

I've heard tons of stories about how scripted an unreal several shows are first hand from the people that appeared on those shows.

Specifically shows like Auction Kings, American Restoration, The Kendra Show.

It's funny when you hear things like the producers asking people to film multiple versions of what they want to get for their item at auction all with different dollar values so the producers and editors can pick the one that makes for the best story, etc.

#34 10 years ago

I was just at Crazy Lous arcade auction in Broomall, PA about a month ago. They had The Food Network Channel there filming the auction. I was bidding on video arcade crap that I didn't want, just to get my face on TV. I knew I was going to get outbid by the actors there, it was part of the act. After the auction was over, I was one of the last people to load out, I saw the camera crew and actors did a few retakes. I have been trying to see when it will air or if it does. Todd Tuckey has been trying hard to get his show going, but he cant find a network that will take it.

#35 10 years ago

I think it would have to be veiled advertising, like most shows are. You could have a show where a guy is trying to build an arcade. Each episode is a different game. 1st part is hunting/buying, 2nd part is restoration, 3rd part is update on arcade or maybe a comparison between the real table and virtual version. At the end, brought to you by The Pinball Arcade... play this table any time you like on any OS you like... yada, yada.

#36 10 years ago

Youtube series would be OK with me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-pinball-reality-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.