Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_3129343_692386 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3129343_692385 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3129343_692380 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3129343_692381 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3129343_692382 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mjpinball (resized).jpg
    mjpinball. (resized).jpg
    ezgif-2-07eac4e788.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image-9 (resized).jpg
    wiz (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    Michael-Jackson-Popcorn-GIF-Meme-Eating-Popcorn-Featured-StudioBinder (resized).jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 months ago

Am I the only one who thinks this would sell big? MJ has a HUGE fan base.

Thriller #1 album of all time

Iconic songs with great energy.

Stern...I'll point you in the right direction.

Pro cabinet - Beat It

Premium cabinet - Smooth Criminal or Billy Jean

LE cabinet - Thriller

Michael-Jackson-Popcorn-GIF-Meme-Eating-Popcorn-Featured-StudioBinder (resized).jpgMichael-Jackson-Popcorn-GIF-Meme-Eating-Popcorn-Featured-StudioBinder (resized).jpg

#2 10 months ago

Didn't he custom make one in the day? We have a Queen now, so may MJ will be Pinball Brothers next game.

#4 10 months ago

Well damn TheLaw, you paralegaled that one for OP for free.

#5 10 months ago

He's been here 12 years and saw all those links before now. Pretty sure he wants fresh opinions on the matter.

#7 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Didn't he custom make one in the day?

Pepsi had someone re-theme a DE laser war (unclear if it was a 3rd party or DE) and then gave it to Jackson.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/data-east-pepsi-chase

The last time that the game surfaced was in some ebay ad with a really squirrelly seller in 2015-2016. Who knows where it even is now.

I tried finding the seller's eBay account, but it appears to be gone. The seller could have renamed the account, the seller may have deleted the account, or ebay may have removed/banned it.

#8 10 months ago

Well, we all know he knows what he's got and not budging.

#9 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

He's been here 12 years and saw all those links before now. Pretty sure he wants....

To start some shit; we get it.

#10 10 months ago
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #11 10 months ago

Thriller

#12 10 months ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Am I the only one who thinks this would sell big? MJ has a HUGE fan base.
    Thriller #1 album of all time
    Iconic songs with great energy.
    Stern...I'll point you in the right direction.
    Pro cabinet - Beat It
    Premium cabinet - Smooth Criminal or Billy Jean
    LE cabinet - Thriller
    [quoted image]

Sure. They could get Jon Trudeau to design it.

#13 10 months ago

I just saw MJ on broadway and I think a pin would be great he really was quite a talent.

#14 10 months ago

I don't ask why there isn't an MJ pinball. I just think about how there isn't one, look up at the ceiling and say "Thank you, God".

#15 10 months ago

I saw MJ live in London, all these girls were passing out around me, I was like get off me!

I would rather have an MJ pin than an elton john (hehe).

#17 10 months ago

No way, he already has an arcade game where he goes around "saving children" who are tied up from kidnappers. What possible mech or story would this pinball have?

#18 10 months ago

Seriously, who the hell is buying a MJ pin in 2023?

#19 10 months ago

Why not make a pin based on "The Wiz", starring Michael Jackson? Would sell tons!

wiz (resized).jpgwiz (resized).jpg
    #21 10 months ago

Meh

#22 10 months ago

Would it have a hair on fire frantic mode?

#23 10 months ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

No way, he already has an arcade game where he goes around "saving children" who are tied up from kidnappers. What possible mech or story would this pinball have?

The Sega Genesis game was hilarious, but shockingly entertaining to play.

If I remember right, they have pinball machines on the first level.

#24 10 months ago

The main toy in the game would be a rubber MJ head that you keep hitting until his nose falls off. The playfield will also feature an industry-first use of jukebox bubbler tubes except they will be filled with propofol.

#25 10 months ago

NO!!!

#26 10 months ago

And could you imagine what his greedy estate would want for the licensing rights?

It could even have a Mcauley Culken multi ball with an added video mode where you get to choose to be either Culken or Jackson, and the object is to try and get away safely if your Culken or catch him if you're Jackson.

#27 10 months ago

Its coming out right after the JJP Dahmer pin

#28 10 months ago

The back-glass could have his face on it changing the way he looked through the years kinda like how the face changes on the HULK pin.

image-9 (resized).jpgimage-9 (resized).jpg
    #29 10 months ago

It would be interesting to see what the license would cost....

#30 10 months ago

If you want some MJ memorabilia, there's always the T3 pin in the Neverland arcade captured in this raid photo.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#31 10 months ago

Michael Jackson at age 80

#32 10 months ago

What I love most about these threads is the absolute ignorance that people freely display...

#33 10 months ago

Whoever releases the MJ pin should offer "white glove" delivery service, woo-hoo!

#34 10 months ago

How about instead of an MJ pin, a California Raisins pin featuring MJ?

#35 10 months ago

While many are saying it'd be a horrible pin (for various reasons), I think it'd likely be one of the best selling pins of this era.

#36 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Seriously, who the hell is buying a MJ pin in 2023?

Music has sucked for 30 years. So, you've gotta go back at least that far.

Look, if MJ was a pedophile then F him and he should not get a pin. If he wasn't then he deserves a pin. I know he was acquitted in the criminal case. I know there have been allegations. I don't have all the facts and am giving his posthumous reputation the benefit of the doubt.

I honestly did not create this thread to "start shit".

#37 10 months ago
    Quoted from gjm:

The back-glass could have his face on it changing the way he looked through the years kinda like how the face changes on the HULK pin.

Like him or not. You should cut him some slack on that.

He was burned way worse than we knew in the Pepsi commercial and spent the rest of his life fighting severe skin issues.

He wasn't changing colors on purpose.

LTG : )

#38 10 months ago

C'mon guys....don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

ezgif-2-07eac4e788.gifezgif-2-07eac4e788.gif
    #40 10 months ago

Im sure folks have looked into doing it, but the license for MJ is apparently very expensive and not easy to get. Why there isn't a ton of MJ official merch really, the estate is very controlling. Doubt any pin company is gonna pony up the cash to try and get such a license.

#41 10 months ago

Yes, "if". One should not believe everything they see on television. The media lies and the networks are whores. Plus, it's difficult to trust people who run to the tabloids to cash in, or flip flop their stories decades later to cash in. I have nothing else to say on the matter.

#43 10 months ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

What possible mech or story would this pinball have?

Not sure, but I bet it would have a back door skill shot like in Aerosmith or Elvira HOH.

#45 10 months ago

Neverland Ranch Raid Multiball

#46 10 months ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Yes, "if". One should not believe everything they see on television. The media lies and the networks are whores. Plus, it's difficult to trust people who run to the tabloids to cash in, or flip flop their stories decades later to cash in. I have nothing else to say on the matter.

Nothing was ever proved and by now, I don't think many care anymore. His angelic voice is still loved by the masses.

#47 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

How about instead of an MJ pin, a California Raisins pin featuring MJ?

I just want a California Raisins pin

#48 10 months ago

I doubt that.

#49 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Nothing was ever proved and by now, I don't think many care anymore. His angelic voice is still loved by the masses.

#50 10 months ago

Shamone Super Loops

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.