image.jpg
twistermod.jpeg
Twister465.jpg
Ireland 006.JPG
Ireland 004.JPG
020.JPG
DSCN2185.JPG
008.JPG
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I love this machine ... Never gonna sell it!!

#52 10 years ago

There's no love because of 4 letters. SEGA.

5 months later
#53 9 years ago

Twister is actually a fairly deep game. It doesn't stack modes, but there are lots of them. I have been getting to higher levels even after owning it for three years and playing it for hours on end when it was new. Maybe I'm just a slow learner, but now I got roosters, debris, and chase. And a few extras from the compass. I can't say for sure if I ever got to damage, but when I do,..

#54 9 years ago

I'm thinking of installing a cow mod on the clear plastic over the lock. This is only a prototype.
twistermod.jpegtwistermod.jpeg

#55 9 years ago

Ive had at MIDI Van Halen music stuck in my head since playing Twister last week. That game is brimming with possibilities!

#56 9 years ago

Probably because not many people have played one. At less than 60 ratings, this seems likely. I have never seen one.

#57 9 years ago

I still have mine. it doesn't get played much anymore.

#58 9 years ago

Lots of love here!! Sells great here and a keeper game for Troys collection. Not real deep but fun play, flow and call-outs .

#59 9 years ago

TopScoreGameroom??? Sounds familiar. I haven't played any of my other games too much lately because of the STTNG I just picked up locally....Thanks again BTW!!!

#60 9 years ago

Twister rules. Right away with that brutal skillshot. Some people just can't find the fun. Bless!

#61 9 years ago

I love mine had it over ten years going no where

image.jpgimage.jpg
#62 9 years ago

Why? Firstly it's a sega so that illuminates any love or even possibility of love from the B/W faithful dicks on pinside. Secondly it's Sega so same as above and thirdly it's sega. I'm not saying B/W aren't great as I've had a ton of them but just like Sega and DE or any pinball for that matter they don't last forever in my collection. I might rebuy down the road but this thing with collecting really causes some pinheads to lose their marbles and scoff at anything that isn't B/W top 20. Sorry had to say it.

#63 9 years ago

I love my Twister. I just wish I could find a couple of broken plastic replacements and especially, the spinning disc sticker. Mine is a Belgian reimport and somehow it ended up back here in Oklahoma LOL.

There's a ton of Oklahoma stuff in the machine so I probably won't sell it anytime soon. From the extra ball graphic showing an Oklahoma license plate, to the Muskogee State College speaker grill inlay. Also, the call out "tornado indicated by radar" is a very, very famous local meteorologist that everyone knows here. Plus, it's just darn fun and non-pin players gravitate to it. I've got two machines one being a purely mode based game (Batman Forever) and Twister being a great alternative that doesn't intimidate.

So, anyone know a source for the sticker? LOL

#64 9 years ago

I never played the pin or even seen it on location, but really liked the movie. My other addiction is home theater, and Twister was a must have title when it came to DVD. It has a pretty impressive multi-channel soundtrack.

Helen Hunt is pretty easy on the eye, as well.

#65 9 years ago

Twister is fast and plays well, but what I and others find the most annoying is.....

"Everybody underground now!"

Oh, did I also mention...."Everybody underground now!"

#66 9 years ago

TWISTER is an awesome pin... just FUN FUN... maybe not too deep but fast as heck. Had to move mine out , and I know I will regret it one day..

that freakin magnet board issue is a PITA! but even if the mag wont hold the balls... its still a rip!

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

If you are only going for canister multiball, that is all you will get. But there are so many other things to shoot for on this game. "We got cows!"

Quoted from TrainH2o:

Helen Hunt is pretty easy on the eye, as well.

I like it when you open the coin door to adjust the volume and she says "Let's do it!"

#68 9 years ago

I would still like to find one to add to the collection some day.

Just have to hit that critical conjunction of timing/location/price...

#69 9 years ago

someone requested a few more pics
and the color is Capri Blue

image.jpgimage.jpg image-46.jpgimage-46.jpg
#70 9 years ago

Hi any of you folks have an extra flipper lane plastic you can sell me? I need the right hand one, mine is broken in half with a piece missing.

#71 9 years ago

Helen Hunt.

#72 9 years ago

I love this game...

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hi any of you folks have an extra flipper lane plastic you can sell me? I need the right hand one, mine is broken in half with a piece missing.

Mine is the same. So you got yourself a Twister eh? Cool!

#74 9 years ago

We will be laughing all the way to the bank when people realize what they are missing.

Seriously, very fun game for guests to play. If only Sega could have found a way to include Dusty's best line of the movie, "losers, move on!".

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

We will be laughing all the way to the bank when people realize what they are missing.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

#76 9 years ago

I'll preface by saying I own Twister and I love it. I sold it to a friend and immediately realized I made a mistake. I had to bug him for over a year before he sold It back to me. It goes without saying that it's not going anywhere for a very long time.

With that bring said, the game kinda sucks . No real modes, no real wizard mode, not a ton of skill is needed as basically every shot works toward some multiball.

Twister is the reality TV of pinball. There isn't much to it, but when you want to play some braindead pinball, this game is shockingly fun. 3 pretty excellent multiballs, one with amazing progression. Hand drawn art, a neat toy with the magnet in the disc. I actually hate the fan and keep meaning to disconnect it, my basement is cold . I really wish the stand up targets were drops, but I know why they aren't.

Love it or hate it, I can 100% sympathize with both camps. I love it for what it is, a fast multiball blitz without much too it.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Twister is the reality TV of pinball.

I completely agree to your terms. What's more: I'm going to *use* that, and take credit for having thought of it myself. I can't tell you how perfect that description is!

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Twister is my 401k fund.....did I make a mistake?

#79 9 years ago

I had one for a while..it was OK. I didn't care for the scoring...it was to unbalanced. All the points where with the MB. Of course with the MB comes the 'EVERYONE UNDERGROUND NOW!' over and over and over. The MB start with 5 locked is awesome...I really liked the skill shot also. Dropping the ball on the magnet was always a sense of accomplishment

It's a pretty good bang for your buck game. I'd probably still have it if I had unlimited room

#81 9 years ago

I'm late to the party, but...

The original question was why no love for Twister. So, to answer that, while there is some love, as I've said in other places, in that era, Sega was really experimental with their rulesets. This followed years of DE basically doing the exact same rule set game to game (which, for the record, I have slowly come to realize is why some collectors don't like them - While I do really like them, if I play my four DEs in succession, it feels like I'm playing the same game with a different layout).

Twister suffers from abysmal playfield art. The game looks very much like it is competing with Whirlwind, and Whirlwind did a lot of the same stuff equal or better than it first, so it's what people remember. The ramp is close, big and takes forever to return the ball. Finally, it suffers by having only four shots that aren't to stand up targets, one of which is a drop target, making the playfield overly cluttered.

It isn't the greatest machine.

On the flip side, it has awesome multiballs, I love the fan gimmick, and the magnet on the disk is one of the greatest toys conceived for a pin. Overall, I think it lands just about where it should. I don't ever need or want to own one (although I do like a significant number of Segas - VND is truly one of my favorite machines), but I'll always play one when I see one

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

3 pretty excellent multiballs,

I count four. So far.

Quoted from jalpert:

No real modes, no real wizard mode,

Completing the compass and twister targets starts modes. You have to complete them more than once to progress. I am yet to get to Damage.

#83 9 years ago

I forgot super lock.

Quoted from o-din:

I count four. So far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-love-for-twister/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.