• Latest reply 3 years ago by Jkaping
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9FF8E2DC-42E1-4268-9894-A18D44A85DDF.gif
01F1132E-166C-4068-8A8C-1685B90C60DF.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gumnut01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 3 years ago

Great game. My wife and I used to play the arcade game at bowling so theme was right up our alley.

Have the pro. The more we’ve owned it the more we love it. Lots to do. Not an easy layout, but what do you want out of pinball. If you want three way combos that make you go whoa! Then this is for you. If you want standard easy two ramp two flipper game then pass this one.

And who gives a fuck how April looks in the game? Voice acting? Come on. I’m reminiscing about something from 30 years ago, over a license that has been rehashed multiple times. It’s a fun game.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Because it’s a $6000-$10,000 toy. At that price, you represent the nostalgia in the best way possible. It used to be cool when licensed pinballs were prestige projects & people from the license were involved. The cast of STTNG in STTNG, Arnold in T2/T3, JK Simmons in Spider-Man, Gary Oldman in Dracula, Seth MacFarlane in FGY, Simpsons cast in TSPP, Elvira in...Elvira lol. If I’m expected to pay so much for a theme I love, I have expectations that need to be met, or I’m buying something else (or nothing).

Let’s put this into perspective.

So if you have nostalgia for a theme do you pass on the only pin they’re ever going to make for it that’s fun to play? There is no I’ll pass, I’ll wait for the next one.

The layout, rules and code are great.

There have been four series made since the late 80s until present. They are all voiced by different actors. There have been 2 movie franchises. Also with new actors.

So which voices are you going to go for? How do you satisfy the whole public?

The voice acting and even the song are not original. But they are good enough to fool me someone who likes the theme but does not watch the cartoons now because I’m 50. .

Also pinsiders have already replaced the footage with the original series and the original music. So it solves the problem of authenticity. Problem solved. Get the pin.

This is not in the same ball park as Simpsons or Elvira or TWD.

Simpsons I own. Should I have poo pooed it because they could not get Marge or Lisa voiced by Julie Kavner and Yeardley Smith?

TWD had been saved by @cleland. Fantastic game. Should I have passed on this because stern didn’t get the acting rights?

I get a bit tired of people whining about lack of authenticity with pins. I kid you not people announced they were not getting TMNT because April animations looked poor. WTF? At no time when my wife is playing this game does she say “I’m sorry, I just can’t play this anymore until they recode April to look more like the original series”.

I own deadpool, people whine about Ryan Reynolds not doing the voice acting. For a game that is not based on the movies.

Funny thing is 2 of the most popular pins on pinside have very little original voice talent. Pirates and Jurassic park. Go figure.

The game is fun. I think some people beat it up over minor things.

Anyway each to their own, you’re missing out on a fun game that pays homage to the turtles.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, you’re perfect for each each other then lol

One thing we agree on. Sorry TMNT didn’t do it for you.

The artwork that zombie yeti has done is superb. The shots created by Borg are fun and challenging. It gives me a rush like TWD. The code by Dwight is great. Lots of variety and co-op and all the modes he has created is awesome. It’s fun to battle through the modes together. A game changer.

My point being even though assets aren’t original, the game still feels like turtles if you aren’t watching the original series and comparing it to that side by side. I don’t have the original series, just enjoyed the turtles craze I experienced in the 90s. I remember the video game, the movie and the song and figurines. The voices, animations and song don’t detract from that. For me the pin is perfect. Did not realise so many grown men actively watch 80s children’s cartoons. Apologies if I offended you by giving my opinion in the first place.

Glad the OP had a variety of opinions to base their decision on.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You don’t need to be such an insulting snark. The OP asked for opinions about “why no love”....these are my reasons. If the game does it for you, great. I’ve got other Borg games with great code, so I don’t need to spend $8k on a game that doesn’t check all boxes. I gave my reason for not buying the game. It has nothing to do with “actively watching” TMNT, and what a weird insult - you’re the one who bought the “children’s cartoon” game, but you’re gonna insult ME for remembering the specifics of it in more detail than you? Why can’t we discuss our reasons without making weird personal insults?

And saying that my wife and I are perfect for each other followed by a condescending lol is fine?

When I posted my original post I was not referring to your post. I was giving my opinion. I had read the voice acting and the April graphics concerns in the owners thread. I was trying to combat that negativity. Your comment was not on my radar.

Then you downvoted my original post. So I posted again to explain why the voice acting is not a big concern for me with this game.

You then corrected every statement I made about deadpool and Simpsons, so let’s not pretend who is acting superior.

The op wants to know if it’s a great game to help them decide whether to buy. I have played hundreds of games on it and the family still loves it. How much time have you put on it? Shouldn’t it count whether the game is fun?

Anyway. All the best. I don’t hold any grudge against you. Sorry to OP for turning his thread into a shit show.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Let me add my personal checklist here. First we need some new blood at the arcade. I love my 80s pins but we were lacking on games past 2015 (only Star Wars). We got Avengers AIQ Premium and it’s a bonafide hit. And when I say that I mean for both our hard core pin people and general public. My goal in bringing any new pin in is to try to thread that needle. It not worth spending $5K if only of hardcore players are satisfied. I want the public to love the theme and play the game. Turtles I think hits that mark well. But it can’t be too hard (my one concern from the comments). A game that lasts for 5 seconds isn’t much fun. At the same time it needs to be deep so it will keep league members happy for a while. From all I have read from each of you above it isn’t perfect but it seems a decent choice at a decent price to check the checkboxes.

It does not work well at steep gradients. Keep it at 6.5. It does have forgiving ball saves. It is on the harder side with shots and speed but the MB are easily obtained and the extra balls are given after 2 episodes.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You don’t need to be such an insulting snark. The OP asked for opinions about “why no love”....these are my reasons. If the game does it for you, great. I’ve got other Borg games with great code, so I don’t need to spend $8k on a game that doesn’t check all boxes. I gave my reason for not buying the game. It has nothing to do with “actively watching” TMNT, and what a weird insult - you’re the one who bought the “children’s cartoon” game, but you’re gonna insult ME for remembering the specifics of it in more detail than you? Why can’t we discuss our reasons without making weird personal insults?

Hey thanks comic book guy! My first and last moderation for saying I like A game I own and the original voice acting is not that important. Thanks Robin! Adios pinside! Robin, word of advice. Get rid of negative votes. The best people seem to use them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
$ 22.00
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gumnut01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-love-for-tnmt-?tu=gumnut01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.