• Latest reply 3 years ago by Jkaping
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9FF8E2DC-42E1-4268-9894-A18D44A85DDF.gif
01F1132E-166C-4068-8A8C-1685B90C60DF.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

TNMT seemed to have been launched with great fanfare and hype, and if one looks at the ratings they aren’t half bad. Despite this there seems to be an epidemic of people unloading their TNMTs at pretty discount prices almost immediately. Perhaps I am just being particularly attentive, but this doesn’t seem an isolated move at all. Seems even more than Stranger Things which was pretty much derided the moment it came out. Thoughts ? Too little room and too many new pins coming out ? I do ask this out of self interest since I may want to buy one and wonder if I am missing something.

It's a totally hit or miss theme. I personally am not into LZ's music. I mean it's ok, but I don't own a single album nor have I downloaded a single track. Many people aren't into TMNT. But I am as I grew up with the show, and my son grew up with the Nick remake series. For us, it's a perfect theme, a great package for the Pro model, and the Co-op allows us to play as a team. Dwight has also added 2 new great modes (one in game, and one separate) allowing us to have different ways to play. My only gripe is that to get to the wizard mode you need to collect Krang combo, and Triple Mondo jackpot and those are near impossible. You're better off skillfully draining at the beginning of a MB, hoping some fall back through the Krang loop, and then hit the center ramp to hope you just backdoored into one or both of those.

But overall, unless you have a theme that encompasses almost all generations (Star Wars, Star Trek, Spiderman...etc.) you're going to have a targeted theme which will turn off some buyers (IMDN, MET, Munsters). The core audience will have to support the more polarizing ones and therefore probably need stronger game play to make it a success. TMNT isn't a theme for everyone, but for those who it is for, typically end up loving the game play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-love-for-tnmt-?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.