• Latest reply 3 years ago by Jkaping
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9FF8E2DC-42E1-4268-9894-A18D44A85DDF.gif
01F1132E-166C-4068-8A8C-1685B90C60DF.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Unbalanced scoring!

I agree with that. The scoring is terrible, it has gotten better, but it's still not good.

For me, I don't know what it is exactly, but I just don't have a lot of desire to play TMNT and I really like the theme too. I like the art, the missions are handled decently and there is some depth to the code with pizza toppings, but the game does seem to get pretty repetitive for me. The big feature for TMNT seemed to be all the team play / co-op stuff and that honestly doesn't matter to me at all so that doesn't help me love the game any more. I think with newer designers like Elwin and Eric doing so well, it has really highlighted for me the deficiencies in the recent layouts of Borg and Ritchie games. STTNG is probably my favorite game of all time and I still have and love XMLE, so it's not like I don't like their games but their recent offerings just have not wowed me at all like Keith's or Eric's have. When you put layouts like Munsters or Black Knight up against games like JP2, IM, JJP POTC, GNR they are just not even in the same ball park IMO and that's shocking to me because they are two of the all time greats. Maybe they have just become a little too predictable for me. I mean with Borg, you know you are probably going to get a version of a recycled playfield design (Tron-XM-TMNT, MET-GOTG, Munsters-Starship Troopers) that will usually have a main feature long shot up the middle (Prison in TWD, Disc in Tron, Van in TMNT, Groot in GOTG, Sparky in MET, Herman in Munsters, Magneto in XM). And with Steve it seems like you are going to get a barren looking game that is low on features but has lots of flow and usually shoots fast (Star Wars, Black Knight, Game of Thrones, Star Trek and it looks like LZ falls into this too). When it comes to Keith and Eric's games I have no idea beforehand what I am going to get, but it seems like I can count on it being different and that I know I am going to like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-love-for-tnmt-?tu=LesManley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.