• Latest reply 3 years ago by Jkaping
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9FF8E2DC-42E1-4268-9894-A18D44A85DDF.gif
01F1132E-166C-4068-8A8C-1685B90C60DF.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustinJohnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 3 years ago

Did Stern buy out the old Data East rights to everything? That would make more sense as to why they made this pin. For myself I'd rather have seen a G.I. Joe pin.

The thing is Hollywood isn't pumping out any movies right now so I'm sure the pin makers have to deal with that as well. But yes I tend to agree on the fact that remaking pins of already existing themes is getting rather old ie: Led Zeppelin.

That being said though I've played this game plenty of times on location including a cash tournament and a selfie league. It is fun and I haven't tried the 2 v 2 mode or team up modes but i guess I'm not seeing the 'problem' with the coding that other have referred to? I didn't initially like it at first but it is definitely growing on me, the R ramp can be a real pain and getting the ball into the LAIR is a pain as well. The LAIR shot is not a shot I enjoy on any pin though (like #star_trek

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

DE doesn’t have any “rights”. They licensed TMNT from Surge Licensing in the 90s. Today, Stern licensed TMNT from Nickelodeon.

Is there a database somewhere with information as to who owns what licensing rights?

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:The internet?
Nickelodeon/Viacom bought the TMNT franchise for $60 million in 2009.

Ok I was looking for pin related franchise purchases. I guess I could chase around the internet for hours to try to figure it out. Mr. Obvious. Thanks!

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:What specifically are you trying to figure out? Pinball companies don’t own any IP they license. They go through the IP owner & sign a contract to use their IP, usually for 3 years. Disney owns POTC, Tron, Star Wars, Simpsons all the Marvel stuff. The music bands generally own themselves. Universal owns Jurassic Park.

Simply what I asked before is there a database for licensing on pins? Things like who'd they buy it from, how much, etc. Just relevant information related to licensing is all for pins. That's all, nothing to read into. I like having information available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,999.00
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustinJohnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-love-for-tnmt-?tu=JustinJohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.