• Latest reply 3 years ago by Jkaping
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9FF8E2DC-42E1-4268-9894-A18D44A85DDF.gif
01F1132E-166C-4068-8A8C-1685B90C60DF.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_in_NC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 3 years ago

What were they thinking on theme? Great title for a 5 year old. What’s next? Teletubbies? Barney? Power rangers? I know how about Thomas the Tank engine? I thought Wrestlemania was a stretch but wow.

#79 3 years ago

the thread is why no love for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES. Teenage mutant ninja turtles... teenage... mutant... ninja... turtles... it’s my opinion of the theme, yours is different, enjoy.. I expressed my opinion on the subject as to why there’s no love. The appeal of the theme is limited to fans of ... T e e n a g e M u t a n t N i n j a T u r t l e s. As if the name alone doesn’t say it all. Google “TNMT demographic” it’s for boys and girls 6-11 (and apparently those that think people with a mentality over that are “ignorant”) exact same as power rangers. Now google Marvel movie demographics.. hmm 18-34 pops up. I’m thinking there should be a turtle shell sippy cup holder mod for this title. Real ignorance is to deny the theme appeal is very VERY limiting. My point.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Why are you comparing TMNT to shows for pre-schoolers? TMNT is a franchise that’s for the same demo as all the Marvel stuff. They’re super heroes, they fight crime and villains. It’s a franchise that’s simultaneously nostalgic & relevant, as it’s never stopped having shows/movies/comics/games since the 80s. If it’s not for you, cool - but you don’t have to be ignorant about what the license is about.

#81 3 years ago

You are funny, you are all over this thread crying about how people are insulting you and you’re opinion. My mildly over the top comparisons to teletubby and thomas were hyperbole (you can look that big word up) my overarching point was simply to state the painfully obvious point the theme is the problem before anyone even considers buying the game. A direct and to the point opinion as to why no love for TMNT. I’ll refrain from attacking your intellect and maturity, you are doing a fine job of demonstrating just why you like the theme in your posts.

Quoted from Rarehero:Bruh, you compared it to Teletubbies & Barney. That’s flat out ignorance.
If it doesn’t appeal to you, cool. No one cares...but comparing it to literal baby shows is like comparing apples & hammers. TMNT isn’t for babies. There aren’t sippy cups. Even you said it’s “6-11”, so you’re admitting your own disinformation.
How is a muscley mutant turtle beating up costumed villains any different than the muscley Avengers beating up costumed villains?

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can make the point that the theme doesn’t connect with pinball buyers without comparing it to irrelevant baby shows.

But I did, Hyperbole - look it up and get over it man it wasn’t directed at you.

Quoted from Rarehero:

No theme is going to be for everyone. That’s not unique to TMNT.

We agree!! Other machines weighed down due to poor theme choices are nascar, transformers, wrestlemania, rocky and bullwinkle, Gillian’s island, Popeye, Batman 66, dr who, the list goes on. Some are decent games but the themes are non starters for many.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

This from someone owns Wizard of Oz.

Ha, yep WOZ is just a flash in the pan, just a fluke it’s been around for over 80 years and known by every living soul old enough to walk upright. JJP is still cranking them out. I’m sure TMNT will fare just as well after 81 years in 2071. Would love a Wonka too, while were at it, I’d like to see a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang pin by JJP, that’d be a fantastic pin if done right. There’s an ass for every seat, just not as many seats required for some. Hey, TMNT fans more power to you. No need to take it so personally, it’s all good with pinball.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just out of curiosity - how old are you? Not asking as an insult, I just want to understand your point of reference.

I played brand new EMs through most of my high school years. So yeah , I left the station long before TMNT came in by decades. For me It’s certainly a generational thing. That said, family guy, American dad, futurama, simpsons, shrek, A Ren and Stimpy theme or even Spongebob would get at least some consideration because they are enjoyable at any age with the multi generational humor laced in. TMNT would not appeal to a 16 year old being introduced to it for the first time. It was geared to a narrow audience. People younger than 35 generally cant afford a 7k luxury pin just yet and those over 40 are likely like me, not interested. So, that’s why the theme is hobbled. I’m guessing you are between 35-40, How far off am I? Anyway happy new year, I didn’t intend to dis anyone’s love for the game, whatever makes you happy. My 2c for what it’s worth, a childish nostalgic theme is fine even advantageous if it has broad appeal like tspp or woz, but it’s probably not the best plan to build one off a here today gone tomorrow cartoon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 7,999.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_in_NC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-love-for-tnmt-?tu=John_in_NC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.