• Latest reply 3 years ago by Jkaping
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9FF8E2DC-42E1-4268-9894-A18D44A85DDF.gif
01F1132E-166C-4068-8A8C-1685B90C60DF.gif
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The internet?
Nickelodeon/Viacom bought the TMNT franchise for $60 million in 2009.

Damn they crushed it profit wise on the newer 2 movies with $450 Million profit plus what they make off the new cartoons. Back in the day they were a Billion dollar franchise so cant blame Stern for going where the moneys at and theres alot more TMNT fans alive now then WOZ easily. And to think this all started in 84 with some dark comic books.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:The internet?
Nickelodeon/Viacom bought the TMNT franchise for $60 million in 2009.

Ok I was looking for pin related franchise purchases. I guess I could chase around the internet for hours to try to figure it out. Mr. Obvious. Thanks!

#103 3 years ago

Owned the pro and the game just did not make me want to keep hitting the start button like others do. Yes it's new, Game play is fast and flows, But just did not do it for me. Got old fast. But like what you like, To each there own though. Seems to be a lot of these for sale and at great prices.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from JustinJohnson:

Ok I was looking for pin related franchise purchases. I guess I could chase around the internet for hours to try to figure it out. Mr. Obvious. Thanks!

What specifically are you trying to figure out? Pinball companies don’t own any IP they license. They go through the IP owner & sign a contract to use their IP, usually for 3 years. Disney owns POTC, Tron, Star Wars, Simpsons all the Marvel stuff. The music bands generally own themselves. Universal owns Jurassic Park.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:What specifically are you trying to figure out? Pinball companies don’t own any IP they license. They go through the IP owner & sign a contract to use their IP, usually for 3 years. Disney owns POTC, Tron, Star Wars, Simpsons all the Marvel stuff. The music bands generally own themselves. Universal owns Jurassic Park.

Simply what I asked before is there a database for licensing on pins? Things like who'd they buy it from, how much, etc. Just relevant information related to licensing is all for pins. That's all, nothing to read into. I like having information available.

#106 3 years ago

TMNT a top notch layout and design by Borg and top coding by Dwight. They hit it out of the park. Everyone that plays mine loves it. When you understand that it is a left centric shooting table, it comes alive with tons of flowing shots. So much to shoot and explore in the code. Toys galore, with a loaded PF. One of the best value pins to come out of Stern ever, imo.

BTW, what is kiddie themed about ninjas training and fighting? This is an evergreen theme that spans all ages and tastes. ZY did an outstanding job on the artwork. Nickelodeon loved it so much, they put him on the payroll. TMNT is so well rounded it should be a top ten game easily.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

BTW, what is kiddie themed about ninjas training and fighting?

Playing devils advocate I assume its because they're Turtles; Just a guess.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Playing devils advocate I assume its because they're Turtles; Just a guess.

9FF8E2DC-42E1-4268-9894-A18D44A85DDF.gif9FF8E2DC-42E1-4268-9894-A18D44A85DDF.gif
#109 3 years ago

this game looks awesome and it will probably be my 2nd game after AIQ.

#110 3 years ago

I bought a tmnt pro as a "covid" purchase at the same time I bought a ST:Prem. Never played either game at time of purchase, and I was most apprehensive about the ST based on the game reviews, and was thinking mu tmnt would be my "safe" purchase. Instantly loved ST, but turtles took a warm up period.

The game plays like the cartoon--action packed, and short. Now that I am a few hundred games in, I love it, but it took that long... I didn't like Deadpool (early code) because it felt too easy... Turtles felt too hard... but after many plays, this is what I like about it. The game does a nice meld of the 90's "quarter takers" with the depth modern electronics afford, but it takes a bit to realize it. In my opinion, is the game top 10??? No way. Top 50??? He'll yes...

Why no love? The game needs some time to marinate with the player.

#111 3 years ago

I have a Jurassic Park Pro, TMNT Pro and Avengers Infinity Quest Premium in my lineup and TMNT is by far my favorite and a favorite when family visits. The theme hits it for me and once I finally figured out the shots, the game just is a flow beast. But I agree with others in this thread that the game took a lot of warming up to truly love the game.

#112 3 years ago

I have a TMNT Pro, AIQ LE and a few Williams games in my collection. I love TMNT!!! It’s my wife’s favorite. I have a hard time comparing it to AIQ because they are significantly different... but I can say that TMNT is one of my time favorite games. I am so happy I bought it. I played it on location probably 20 times... I had concerns about shots and speed, but after putting 100 games on it it shoots like a dream and the speed is what makes it so fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 7,999.00
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-love-for-tnmt-/page/3?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.