image_(resized).jpeg
Untitled.png
IMGA01911.jpg
IMGA02141.jpg
IMGA02151.jpg
IMGA01891.jpg
R_car.jpg
Mustang_pin.jpg
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 8 years ago

Theme plays a big role...I was neutral about the theme when it came out. Mustang took such a beating before it was even released...that I overlooked it. I played the pro...and bought an LE. I love the shots, different modes, light show...etc. I have no regrets

#102 8 years ago

How does it compare to the other few branded car themes out there?
I'm a mustang guy, but i also like corvettes and pretty much anything american with a v8.

I'm not a $4,000 pinball guy, i have too many other hobbies to put that much into pinball all at once, but i've always been curious about the corvette and viper pinball machines, which are closer to my budget.

I'll assume some of you have played them all, so how do they compare?

#103 8 years ago

I remember those days, I was a HUGE supporter and I hadnt even played it until I bought it NIB. No regrets at all.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I'm not a $4,000 pinball guy

Me neither. I'm a a $3500 pinball guy.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I'm a mustang guy, but i also like corvettes and pretty much anything american with a v8.

I'm the same as you, I'm not a brand snob.

Quoted from jcar302:

i've always been curious about the Corvette and viper pinball machines, which are closer to my budget.

I've played Corvet and it's a different era of game so it doesn't compare but I like Mustang waaaaay better. Never played Viper but that's a different era also.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Me neither. I'm a a $3500 pinball guy.

Your just CHEAP!!!

#107 8 years ago

I like MustangPaul...We agree great game and have the same name

Me pin and Me car...Love Mustangs!!!

Mustang_pin.jpgMustang_pin.jpg

R_car.jpgR_car.jpg

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I'm not a $4,000 pinball guy, i have too many other hobbies to put that much into pinball all at once, but i've always been curious about the Corvette and viper pinball machines, which are closer to my budget.

Ive played Viper....prolly want to pass on viper. Never played Corvette, but High Speed 2, The Getaway....is a great 2k car themed game

#109 8 years ago

Suh-wheet !
Sepins that gal is gorgeous.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I like MustangPaul...We agree great game and have the same name

Mustang_pin.jpg R_car.jpg

Same here "Paul". Here's are a few crappy pictures of mine (still at the body shop) with fresh black paint and 3 coats of clear. It'd piggy dirty.

IMGA01891.jpgIMGA01891.jpg
IMGA02151.jpgIMGA02151.jpg
IMGA02141.jpgIMGA02141.jpg

IMGA01911.jpgIMGA01911.jpg

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

... what's the secret to beating police pursuit ? Cant beat that or Cruisin...go figure.

Just have to hit the shots man. Activating a multi-ball is always a big help on these - either Gear Shift or Burnout, but I prefer to save the latter for Upgrade Scoring if I'm close to qualifying that. Or use Power Shifts if needed.

#112 8 years ago

It's nice to know it is easy to switch to whatever model you like. I would go with a '66 GT350.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Suh-wheet !
Sepins that gal is gorgeous.

Thanks...Gotta love Eleanor

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Same here "Paul". Here's are a few crappy pictures of mine (still at the body shop) with fresh black paint and 3 coats of clear. It'd piggy dirty.
IMGA01891.jpg
IMGA02151.jpg
IMGA02141.jpg

IMGA01911.jpg

Paint looks awesome!!! Need pics of car back together.

Could we have them tomorrow

Is that stock carb??? Looks throaty.

R car fun to drive when You change to all track modes.

Need to record the exhaust and have someone help me get it in to my game!

#115 8 years ago

It's gettin there, final buffing isn't done yet and it already looks like a mirror.

I'll get on my body guy. The garage isn't done inside yet so It won't be back till early spring.

Not it's a reworked Holly 650 double pumper with mechanical secondarys.

Lucky you, just flick a switch and it's a whole different beast.....mine is just a beast ALL the time.

That would be cool, I'd like to do that too....with open headers.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Is that stock carb??? Looks throaty

There are only a few stock items in that engine bay.
Starter Solenoid, Master Cylinder, Alternator, Water Pump, and the Shock Tower Brace.

Looking great there Paul!

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Shock Tower Brace.

Nope, shock tower brace is a one piece hd one. it weighs 25 lbs. At the bottom of both shock towers where they meet the frame they are both wrapped in 1/4in plate steel 5 inches tall, seam welded all around and blended smooth so all you see to know they are there is the bulge. Because of those things combined with the Monty Carlo bar the towers will never collapse no matter how hard I corner even with race rubber on.

Thanks Darcy

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nope, shock tower brace is a one piece hd one

Yep, an Export Brace. Added to most Mustangs that left America, also installed in Shelby Mustangs.

There were also braces added on convertibles that aided in a more ridged engine bay. But have never seen them added to Fastbacks or Hardtops.

#119 8 years ago

To keep things back on the track, here is a comment.

Stern Mustang pinball machine is extremely fun to play. It has that one more game appeal. Never played the pin, just ordered it New, no regrets for me. Yes admittedly, I am a Ford Mustang enthusiast. Pinball being a 2nd hobby.
So for anyone with any doubts just get out, and try a game or 2. It is a fast game. With plenty of risk shots.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Seems there is love for this pin!!!.....Idk, haven't had the chance to play one yet......

Next time you come up I have a Limited Edition in my.personal collectionand a pro on the showroom. Mustang is now out of production.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

SEPINS - where did you get the mustang topper?

#122 8 years ago

Not a must have for sure

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

SEPINS - where did you get the mustang topper?

Think lasserific did a one off for me. You can copy it.

#124 8 years ago

I honestly think the pin gets a bad rap due to how annoying mustang owners are. Every mustang *pinball* thread is loaded with photos of someone's f-ing car.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I honestly think the pin gets a bad rap due to how annoying mustang owners are. Every mustang *pinball* thread is loaded with photos of someone's f-ing car.

That's right and if you don't like it....get over it and move on. I promise we won't miss you when your gone.

#126 8 years ago

I don't own a Mustang car, but I do own and really enjoy the pin. Like GoT, if you haven't seen this in person - you have no idea how well the (cabinet in particular) artwork is done.

I own an LE and love it in a lineup. Were it my only game I don't know how long it'd last, but that said there are very few games that I would put into that category.

While its not my favorite theme I just enjoy pinball. I don't love CFTBL or ACDC as themes, but I sure do enjoy the hell out of both pins.

If you haven't played one go out and do so (and give it more than two games or 60 seconds - I'm not sure how anyone comes to a furegone conclusion without at least understanding the depth of the rules). You might surprise yourself. It's a fun ride!

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

AC/DC fans are some of the most repulsive people in the world, but it hasn't hurt sales of the pin.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

AC/DC fans are some of the most repulsive people in the world, but it hasn't hurt sales of the pin.

I'd take Mustang people over them any day.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

AC/DC fans are some of the most repulsive people in the world,

People making blunt generalizations are some of the most repulsive people in the world

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Still waiting for that Barry Manilow pin are you?

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

People making blunt generalizations are some of the most repulsive people in the world

I'll let markmon know how repulsive we've been.

Quoted from smassa:

Still waiting for that Barry Manilow pin are you?

Yes, the Manilow Copa Cabana LE would be about as heart pounding as an AC/DC BIB.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

While its not my favorite theme I just enjoy pinball. ...

^THIS!^
Themes get too much hype/hatred ... it's all pinball, just play it.
I get disliking a pin due to bad a play field layout or poorly INTEGRATED theme but to say "that theme is crappy" and not give a machine a single play or walk after a ball or two and then bash it is pretty lame.
I can agree with Rarehero that theme can certainly draw people to a machine but, seriously if you REALLY think you are battling Iron Man or killing Zombies maybe 1st person video games are more suitable entertainment. Pinball is me vs the ball/playfield ... period but hey whatever works for a player, great ... just play pinball.

Mustang has great code/modes, layout, call outs/music (even if you don't like them personally) and artwork which work in harmony with the theme ... it's good pinball just play it.

BTW .. the central car model isn't a "toy" it is part of the art work/decoration. Mustang doesn't need one it has drops, ramps, targets, spinner etc, all the things that a pinball machine needs .. need a toy go buy a freaking Happy Meal.

#133 8 years ago

I've been enjoying the hell out of my Mustang Pro since the day I bought it NIB seven months ago. It's my go-to machine whenever I play, and it's not one I would sell for a long time, if ever. The layout is fast, fun, and creates an exhilarating experience. It may not have all the gadgets or complex mechanisms that some pins have, but those things aren't always necessary to have a great time playing. Also I like the 360 degree bowl at the bottom. It's not like the ball is constantly hung up there or anything. Seldom are both ramp flaps down at the same time. Part of the time it is an orbit shot, and part of the time only the lower flap is down, sending the ball to the left flipper. But when both ramps are down and it does go over to the right side, I enjoy a small break and getting that Vroom! Vroom! Vroom! feedback as the ball rolls around hitting that switch.

#134 8 years ago

I like that too but I wish I could replace the sound with the sound of my Mustangs open headers.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

^THIS!^
Themes get too much hype/hatred ... it's all pinball, just play it.
I get disliking a pin due to bad a play field layout or poorly INTEGRATED theme but to say "that theme is crappy" and not give a machine a single play or walk after a ball or two and then bash it is pretty lame.

I agree that you should give every machine a spin and see how it goes. Could end up surprising yourself.

But I would say that with the more modern machines, theme is a much bigger part of the game. If you look at EM and early SS, they took the same machine, changed the artwork and sent it out as a different them.

If you don't like gore/horror, it's going to be pretty hard to play a game with those sounds and dots.

With Mustang, I thought it was a safe theme. Who doesn't like hot cars?
The layout is pretty good, but playing it just felt "meh". It just feels a little thin program-wise.

Corvette and Viper ND, are better car theme pins.
Nascar even had it's moments too.

#136 8 years ago

One thing that probably hasn't been explored as much is that it is pretty easy for anyone to make a decent custom translite for this title. You can use Google image search or, better yet, take a picture of your own classic Mustang and get it printed by any number of translite printing services.

These images from a Google search are 4MP or larger:
Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

One thing that probably hasn't been explored as much is that it is pretty easy for anyone to make a decent custom translite. You can use Google image search or, better yet, take a picture of your own classic Mustang and get it printed by any number of translite printing services.

I've thought about that for mine, but that's down the road a ways.

#138 8 years ago

Think of it this way: you need to be Aurich to make a good custom Metallica or Star Trek translite, but all you need is a good picture of a car to make a good Mustang custom translite.

#139 8 years ago

Yup, I wish I had pictures of mine like my buddy has of his out on the Road America road race track.

#140 8 years ago

GoT has arrived at Shorty's in Seattle and their Mustang LE has been cycled out to make room for it.

Especially sad considering that a WWE (meh!) and an older and more worn Star Trek (although a great game in its own right and one that I own as well) still remain in the line up. Another victim due to comparatively low earnings no doubt, but still a shame that there are fewer and fewer Mustangs around for pinheads to have the opportunity to potentially play and become enlightened about.

#141 8 years ago

That's terrible news and your sooooo right.

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's right and if you don't like it....get over it and move on. I promise we won't miss you when your gone.

Typically I stay out of the mustang threads for this reason even though I own the game. But the topic of this thread is why does the game get such a bad rap. I believe my comment is part of why.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Well if people posted photos of the band or concerts constantly in every acdc thread then maybe that game would have less respect as well. It's super annoying to have to sift through pages of crappy photos of someone's completely off topic average but beloved car just to discuss the game.

#144 8 years ago

Well if you find it "super annoying" here leave us alone and QUIT POSTING here and put us on ignore. All you've been saying is that your "super annoyed" and to tell you the truth...I'm SUPER ANNOYED that that you keep posting that your "super annoyed". We are PROUD of our cars and aren't afraid to show it.

#145 8 years ago

PINSIDE = BITCHFEST

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from astromarkus:

PINSIDE = BITCHFEST

Then what the fuck are you doing here ?

#147 8 years ago

Fuck off uber noob.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fuck off uber noob.

Upstanding gentleman!! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

#149 8 years ago

You need one more CLAP! to clap off.

#150 8 years ago

To the original poster, did you end up selling your machine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-love-for-mustang-stern/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.