image_(resized).jpeg
Untitled.png
IMGA01911.jpg
IMGA02141.jpg
IMGA02151.jpg
IMGA01891.jpg
R_car.jpg
Mustang_pin.jpg
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 8 years ago

I wanted to point out some of the cool features of this machine.
(I did not post these pics sideways, for some reason the forum turned them)

Lets start with the double dropping ramps. Not even WD pro has dropping ramps in the Pro model.

20151212_073416.jpg20151212_073416.jpg

8 Lite up skill shots you control with flippers.

20151212_073421.jpg20151212_073421.jpg

Crash the balls hard enough to lite burn a donut with a skill shot from the plunger above it.

20151212_073440.jpg20151212_073440.jpg

Creative use of street stop lights and whose Mustang driving away is that? (yes, it really belongs to someone).

20151212_073455.jpg20151212_073455.jpg

360 degree Bonus bowl.

20151212_073509.jpg20151212_073509.jpg

Shoot for the Mustang store to get M U S T A N G letters on the back of the playfield and other features.

20151212_073526.jpg20151212_073526.jpg
20151212_073557.jpg20151212_073557.jpg

5 Drop targets.

20151212_073531.jpg20151212_073531.jpg

MORE BELOW

#2 8 years ago

Red, White and Blue 15 LED interactive shift grid matrix

20151212_073537.jpg20151212_073537.jpg

Black power coated bar instead of plain chrome

20151212_073753.jpg20151212_073753.jpg

Still not convinced? Check out these short Stern videos:

Designed by John Trudeau

#3 8 years ago

Bump for a great pin. Op did not mention the great light show. High Energy game. GLWTS

#4 8 years ago

I like it and would like to own one, but, its not top of my list for a new pin.

#5 8 years ago

If you were an hour away I'd grab it at that price. I have an '86 GT convertible I like theme. And it's especially cool that you can change the music. I think you a victim of location and no shipping. Great deal someone is going yo be really luck at that price.

#6 8 years ago

Seeing you asked, Mustang is a good game. But it isn't a great game. That puts it more in the company of WPT, Monopoly, RCT. All good fun games. But they are games that ended up in the budget isle.

So Mustang competes at twice the price of other fun games. Plus it competes against games like Iron Man that is only a couple hundred bucks more.

I'm not dissing the game. In fact, I've enjoyed the Pro every time I've played it and I like the Pro better than the upper models of Mustang. It's just trying to compete in the market at a price price where there are better values for just a bit more money. Unless someone is a big Mustang and pinball fan the market isn't that big. I think that is why it is becoming a tough sell.

#7 8 years ago

Location and theme. I wouldnt mind having but since it's not a "must have", Id have to include a trade due to space constraints. Among the newer Sterns, this is probably on the low priority list compared to IMVE, MET, AC/DC, ST, GOT and soon SMVE

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

If you were an hour away I'd grab it at that price. I have an '86 GT convertible I like theme. And it's especially cool that you can change the music. I think you a victim of location and no shipping. Great deal someone is going yo be really luck at that price.

I just marked it shipping available.
I will send it in a genuine Stern box.

#9 8 years ago

I have to admit I've been watching this since you listed it. I'm sort of interested but the sticking point for me is that I would have to sell my Creature to buy it. I plan on selling it eventually but not quite sure if I'm ready yet. It sucks too because I'm local and would be an easy pick up. Who knows, maybe if it sticks around long enough I might make the move. Good luck!

#10 8 years ago

Well, unless I'm missing somethings? Where are u located? That would help. I don't see it in the thread or over by your name.

#11 8 years ago

The game is great. Just keep it. I would never sell my le. To much fun!! Good luck.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Well, unless I'm missing somethings? Where are u located? That would help. I don't see it in the thread or over by your name.

It says it next to my name, Salem, NH

#13 8 years ago

I need to give another chance in gameplay but tough for me to get over how it looks. I'm a car guy and like Mustangs but there is zero appeal for me. To sum it up, there is a $20 diecast Mustang toy car off the shelf as the centerpiece.

#14 8 years ago

IDK, why are you selling yours after only 7 months?
Maybe you have the answer to your own question..

#15 8 years ago

I see it now on your for sale ad, but not in this thread.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

IDK, why are you selling yours after only 7 months?
Maybe you have the answer to your own question..

Because I live in a tight spaced home and I can only afford 1 machine at a time.
I am worried there won't be any more Star Trek since it's a few years old now.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

I see it now on your for sale ad, but not in this thread.

Our location is right next to our username no matter what thread you post in.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Our location is right next to our username no matter what thread you post in.

I don't see it either but I see it on the other posters in this thread. By chance you may have it in your info but set to private so only friends can see it

#19 8 years ago

yes, cant see it, sorry.

#20 8 years ago

I wanted to like this. Over the years I have owned plenty of Mustangs. I still own a 03 Mach 1. I was excited for this title after the announcement. Then the game play videos started to appear. I couldn't get past the bad callouts. The music is boring. Yes I know all of this be edited. The main feature a row of drop targets?? I love drop targets but I can get my fill of drops from my early SS titles. The main toy on this is a cheap looking diecast toy. I played a couple of games at the shows and walked away after ball 2. Sorry to be so negitive and and maybe because this was my dream theme pin.

#21 8 years ago

I think mustang gets love and the code is very good ,if it was Hot Rod and not mustang it would be more appreciated,very fun fast game.and a class better tha rct or monopoly imho

#22 8 years ago

It's a fun game that about 50% more enjoyable with custom music. It one of very few modern games that the code is almost completely separated from the music. Any song fits when inserted into a mode. You get to play a fun game, with pretty good code that has music to fit your personal tastes.

After many months, I still get the enjoyment of activating a song that I haven't heard in a while.

My .02

#23 8 years ago

I am the last person to price police but to give you an honest answer your price is too close to NIB for my taste. I will someday buy a Mustang but if it's used it will either have extras I want or be in the 3500 range within driving distance.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am the last person to price police but to give you an honest answer your price is too close to NIB for my taste. I will someday buy a Mustang but if it's used it will either have extras I want or be in the 3500 range within driving distance.

Gotta agree with this. If I was going to buy, why buy yours over nib for a few hundred more?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Gotta agree with this. If I was going to buy, why buy yours over nib for a few hundred more?

A few hundred more??????
A new in box pro starts at $4800.
That's almost a $1000 difference.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

A few hundred more??????

Not everywhere. Plus on the used side I have the patience to wait. The experience will be very similar if I have it this week or 2 years from now.

Also, even with your example of 4800 that is only a 20 percent reduction from NIB.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I wanted to like this. Over the years I have owned plenty of Mustangs. I still own a 03 Mach 1. I was excited for this title after the announcement. Then the game play videos started to appear. I couldn't get past the bad callouts. The music is boring. Yes I know all of this be edited. The main feature a row of drop targets?? I love drop targets but I can get my fill of drops from my early SS titles. The main toy on this is a cheap looking diecast toy. I played a couple of games at the shows and walked away after ball 2. Sorry to be so negitive and and maybe because this was my dream theme pin.

A whole couple of games?! Sounds like you didn't give the gameplay a real chance to overcome your disappointment due to initial expectations. This is unfortunate as you would have, for example, found that although the drop targets are located in the center of the playfield and are an integral feature in the game, the drop target bank is only one of its many fun features.

Multiple skill and super skill shots; TRULY varied and challenging modes; earnable upgrades and mystery awards; 5 different multi-balls (including up to 6 balls at a time); a well designed asymmetrical playfield layout; and unique mechs such as the triple action ramp or the bonus bowl with the option to shoot for a different reward if you don't like the one you'll get, are among the many great facets of the Pro game. Additional features on the Premium/LE models such as usable Powershifts earned by hitting skill shots or the risk vs. reward pop-up hazard targets make Mustang even better.

All in all, a REALLY fun game that I think more players would find they enjoy if they just gave it a fair shot! I don't say this in order to increase my game's value as my LE has become my favorite game to play in my collection and I don't plan on it going anywhere for a long time.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I need to give another chance in gameplay but tough for me to get over how it looks. I'm a car guy and like Mustangs but there is zero appeal for me. To sum it up, there is a $20 diecast Mustang toy car off the shelf as the centerpiece.

Your last sentence summed up what I dislike most about both models. The pro, premium and LE all lack a main interactive toy. I don't consider a bank of drop targets a games primary interactive toy. If Stern expects people to drop $5k-$8k on a pinball machine of all things the main "toy" cannot be a stationary (or rotating...) $20 diecast car. Sure the moving ramp feature is cool but at today's NIB prices there needs to be more. Had the game had some mini interactive V8 crate motor type toy that you loaded balls into their cylinders I'm sure the game would be much more popular then it is today.

Thankfully Mustang has gotten some great code support which from what I hear has really improved the game and made it fun. I do think the game is fun to play but that it's features are what hurts its resale value.

#29 8 years ago

It's one of the worst themes of all time. Right up there with Elvis.

#30 8 years ago

I agree with everything Tuna_Delight has to say about the machine. I picked up an LE 6 months ago and it's a great game that's a ton of fun. Having the ability to change out the music is a huge bonus, definitely adds to the overall fun factor. I sold an SM to pick up Mustang and I haven't looked back!

#31 8 years ago

I had no interest in Mustang but picked one up in a multiple game trade. If your main interest is playing a fun, challenging, different game then I think Mustang can hang with most of the top Sterns. It's really a car themed game with unique modes, great dot and voice work, finished code, and is very fast. I'd rather have an amazing drop target bank that requires a bunch of strategy and isn't a drain monster then another bash toy. The one ramp also has three paths synced with game play. Stern didn't cheap out on this machine and the pro is a great deal. It's a different layout that works.

#32 8 years ago

I actually own one and It is for sale as well. Here are my thoughts as I think people are crazy not to jump on this deal. As Dave says, it is a good game not doubt, but it cannot compare to the likes of ACDC, Tron, IM, ST, but it does blow away Avengers, WWE. I would give it a solid "B", I should note all of the music has been changed out on mine, which adds a lot. The game is very fast and fun and I love it with the shaker, but does have some flaws. Trudeau blew it as this could have been a really good game. First, he should have designed it with two ramps.....WTF Johnny, you are sucking wind in design lately! This game plays fast and dangerous and needs fast ball returns, but the right return take forever. .....that whirlpool drain is for grampa and the random award associated with it is for grandma. You could have easily set this game up like BSD, but no......you went with the toilet bowl on the playfield look. If mine does not sell, I am actually thinking about modding it and adding a ramp where the donut 180 is, I already checked and it would work. I am currently just looking for a ramp that would work, from there I will simply move the current switch up to trigger off the ramp. This game would instantly become a B+.

Jason, stop lowering your price, it's Christmas, it is not going to sell any faster, this is a terrible time to sell. Let me tell you about the two month old IM VE I sold for $4200 because no one wanted it at Christmas, a month later they were selling for $5000.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's one of the worst themes of all time.

THIS apparently common perception is what seems to have killed Mustang for many of those who have a less than favorable opinion of it. There is no getting around the fact that a game's theme is a very important element for most pinheads in forming an opinion on whether they like it or not. I'm guilty of this as much as anyone in that there are certain games, such as The Walking Dead for example, that I don't care for the theme (or artwork), and consequently, have to push myself to overlook that aspect of it and really make a fair evaluation of its gameplay.

As far as Mustang goes, I like the theme personally. A classic American sports car with a now 50+ year history and cool looking current models being produced - what's not to like? There's also, admittedly, a nostalgia factor for me too as my dad owned a couple of Mustangs in the 60's when I was a kid. I also happen to like the sounds and the music as well, but as has been pointed out, these can easily be switched out if you wish, as the modes are not dependent on the songs at all.

Mustang appears to be a theme that is generally appreciated by older rather than younger players and this has hurt it as guys my age are more the exception than the rule when it comes to modern pinball game enthusiasts. That said, the gameplay is the real bottom line in what makes a game worthwhile or not, and this is why Mustang deserves MUCH more respect than it seems to get on Pinside.

#34 8 years ago

After IM, Mustang is my favorite game.

The theme, rules and music are a real blast. It's all the fun of AC/DC and Metallica minus the music I don't care for and if you don't like the sound track you can always change it without conflicting with the theme.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's one of the worst themes of all time. Right up there with Elvis.

Must be a chevy guy.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Stern didn't cheap out on this machine

Well I do wish the ramps were made of a thicker plastic.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

THIS apparently common perception is what seems to have killed Mustang for many of those who have a less than favorable opinion of it. There is no getting around the fact that a game's theme is a very important element for most pinheads in forming an opinion on whether they like it or not. I'm guilty of this as much as anyone in that there are certain games, such as The Walking Dead for example, that I don't care for the theme (and artwork), and consequently, have to push myself to overlook that aspect of it and really make a fair evaluation of its gameplay.
As far as Mustang goes, I like the theme personally. A classic American sports car with a now 50+ year history and cool looking current models being produced - what's not to like? There's also, admittedly, a nostalgia factor for me as well as my dad owned a couple of Mustangs in the 60's when I was a kid. I also happen to like the sounds and the music as well, but as has been pointed out, these can easily be switched out if you wish, as the modes are not dependent on the songs at all.
Mustang appears to be a theme that is generally appreciated by older rather than younger players and this has hurt it as guys my age are more the exception than the rule when it comes to pinball enthusiasts. That said, the gameplay is the real bottom line on what makes a game worthwhile or not, and this is why Mustang deserves MUCH more respect than it seems to get.

WOW...you hit on all 8 cylinders with that post. See my avatar picture...my Mustang will be 46 this coming May 1st.

#38 8 years ago

2nd what Tuna said. Theme may not be for all (it is for me as my first car was a red mustang), and totally gets overshadowed by the more universally known themes like TWD, GOT, and Met. But I was dumping tokens into the Boss Mustang at PWA last night because it's a damn fun play. It's growing on me more than Kiss just because I'm digging the layout and variety (and damnit Kiss needs a skill shot!).

I agree it Mustang could use a real toy. The combo of the ramps, the captive ball, and the display car together almost add up to a toy. The whirlpool is weak. I love toys and even designed one for my DE Simpsons in a meeting yesterday. If Mustang's car had a hood that opened as some sort of lock, or the back panel had dual exhaust for releasing multiball, I think it would've been more well received. I still love the game play though.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

A few hundred more??????

If you dig through posts you will find others have purchased them new for below 4800. Just gotta do your research. It has not been a hot seller.

#40 8 years ago

Always gets the same response. Blah theme, blast to play. Sorry but theme matters so much more than we care to admit. Also, problem with car themes like this is you're starring now at an old Mustang, forever.

#41 8 years ago

I was actually going to purchase this one, but some shipping issues caused problems. The more I thought about it I decided for me to be able to sell it one day I would have to get it for 3600-3800. I want one but the thought of being stuck with it or having to lose a ton of money sucks. I know of a couple that have sold on here for 3600 and that is huge bang for your buck.

#42 8 years ago

It's a car game, it needs cup holders

Also a NIB is like $4700 shipped & yours is like $4300 shipped after the recent price drop.

To me it's worth $400 to get a NIB if I were in the mustang market.

I think the NIB priced dipped even lower @ one point.

Cool thread tho, I like your style sir!

#43 8 years ago

The game is dam fun to play. I wouldn't turn my nose up at one. I'm sure you will sell it in time....Christmas probably doesn't help as someone else mentioned. Some people are so hung up on theme that a lot of great pins get very little play. To be honest when I first heard about it I thought it was just a giant Mustang add for Ford. I think it's release was timed with the new Mustang model year. As a game it certainly stands on its own though.

#44 8 years ago

Also

Sellers always mentioned what they paid INCLUDING shipping

So mark up your game up to $4300 shipped for an apples to apples experience

I'm not shitting on your thread I promise

GLWTS n etc

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Must be a chevy guy.

I'm not a car guy at all...probably why I'm not real into Corvette, VND, HS, or HS2 either. The gameplay is good and rules are fine. This game will go the way of a game like Baywatch. Terrible theme and art, but really a decent game if you can look past that.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The game is very fast and fun and I love it with the shaker, but does have some flaws. Trudeau blew it as this could have been a really good game. First, he should have designed it with two ramps.....WTF Johnny, you are sucking wind in design lately! This game plays fast and dangerous and needs fast ball returns, but the right return take forever. .....that whirlpool drain is for grampa and the random award associated with it is for grandma. You could have easily set this game up like BSD, but no......you went with the toilet bowl on the playfield look.

When I initially played Mustang, I thought that the Bonus Bowl feature was a drag on the gameplay as well. However, after getting in a number of plays, I came to change my mind and appreciate its value for the following reasons:

1) I like in single ball play, actually being able to watch the DMD display and determine, as the ball swirls within the bowl, what award its going to provide and whether I want to keep it or shoot for the ramp to restart the award process.

2) In multi-ball play when you're trying to keep track of up to 6 balls at the same time, it's nice when a ball enters the bowl and you can put it on a mental shelf for a few seconds and focus on others.

3) I like the engine revving sound that accompanies the ball swirling action. It helps to build up anticipation for the ball to exit the bowl much like a high-powered muscle car waiting to peel out.

4) Mustang is a very fast game even with the bowl. There are plenty of other newer Stern games that have two ramps each feeding into a fast ball return. I like the variety that the single multi-action ramp and bonus bowl provide.

I'm not as big of a fan of John Trudeau's overall game portfolio as some others, but I think that he (and the Stern team) achieved an excellent gameplay design with Mustang as it is simply a LOT of fun for me to play!

#47 8 years ago

I love Mustang - one of my favorite games of all time. And yes, with the stock music! Awesome pin... rules, playfield layout, software, 'old school meets new school feel'.

I have an LE, if not, I may have been all over this one as its local enough...

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Seeing you asked, Mustang is a good game. But it isn't a great game. That puts it more in the company of WPT, Monopoly, RCT. All good fun games. But they are games that ended up in the budget isle.
So Mustang competes at twice the price of other fun games. Plus it competes against games like Iron Man that is only a couple hundred bucks more.
I'm not dissing the game. In fact, I've enjoyed the Pro every time I've played it and I like the Pro better than the upper models of Mustang. It's just trying to compete in the market at a price price where there are better values for just a bit more money. Unless someone is a big Mustang and pinball fan the market isn't that big. I think that is why it is becoming a tough sell.

Meaning no disrespect, Its way better than WPT, RCT, etc .... I think its a top tier game. It sits right next to my Metallica LE and I play Mustang more.

I think it may be hard to sell because lots of people don't even know how fun the game really is...

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

you're starring now at an old Mustang, forever.

What's wrong with that, my Mustang will turn 46 next year and I and others are not tired of looking at it.....I know your talking about the pin but it still holds true for the game.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It's a car game, it needs cup holders

I got 2 folding ones on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-love-for-mustang-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.