Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.04.10?AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2148 (resized).jpeg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_0685.gif
    AA52B584-62E5-42FC-87D7-CCA6A004ED35 (resized).jpeg
    kid-rock-joe-dirt.gif
    IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_8073908_28 (resized).jpg
    tumblr_4d2b0d4d033b888b1369e00f24073e27_53becaa6_500.gif
    image-5 (resized).jpg
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 64 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Styx, oh boy, that would be up there with Abba in sales

Never ever underestimate dollars available and sales when it comes to GenX and their dream themes.

#52 64 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'd honestly like to see big bands get a little more respect around here.
    Dad turned me onto Gene Krupa and told me his story, and he could really pound those skins.

Count Basie Orchestra LE!

#53 64 days ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

I'm an 80s kid, born in 1976. Love Def leopard. They need a pin. What are your thoughts on this tragic situation?

Cause geriatric rock pins are taking a break, thank goodness.

#54 64 days ago

Make it yourself. No restrictions and you won't be disappointed with it when it's done.

#55 64 days ago

Really I think perhaps Stern saw how Beatles, Rush and Led Zep were kind of sales duds and maybe decided to take a step back from these older rock band pins. Felt like maybe Foo Fighters was then trying to experiment with something a little more modern and different.

#56 64 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No, I don't feel that way about those that grew up in the 90s or later.
    The 80s just seem to be a special breed. Of course the adult version doesn't seem much different than the child version I remember from that time.

The 80s was the greatest, most magical decade if you were a kid. It’s not our fault you were already 40 and crotchety while we were enjoying Nintendo, arcades, awesome toys, the coolest movies & the best music.

#57 64 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

I want a Earth wind & Fire!!

Jefferson and Little brother for Earth Wind &Fire.

IMG_2148 (resized).jpegIMG_2148 (resized).jpeg
    #58 64 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The 80s was the greatest, most magical decade if you were a kid. It’s not our fault you were already 40 and crotchety while we were enjoying Nintendo, arcades, awesome toys, the coolest movies & the best music.

I turned 18 in 1980 and didn't miss anything. I saw all the bands live in their prime that a lot of you still drool for now. I also checked out all your toys and amusements while I was there, and ours had been better. But I take absolutely no credit for anything they presented you. Kids hurting themselves, lawyers, and just say no are only part of why it became the decade of watered down.

If anything, you missed all the young adult things to do while we were running the show. But for us it was just another been there done that situation by the time the decade was over. And on to the next one. Expanding horizons beyond such a narrow period of time so to speak.

#59 64 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I turned 18 in 1980 and didn't miss anything. I saw all the bands live in their prime that a lot of you still drool for now. I also checked out all your toys and amusements while I was there, and ours had been better. But I take absolutely no credit for anything they presented you. Kids hurting themselves and lawyers is part of why it became the decade of watered down.
    If anything, you missed all the young adult things to do while we were running the show. But for us it was just another been there done that situation by the time the decade was over. And on to the next one. Expanding horizons beyond such a narrow period of time so to speak.

Whatever helps ya cope! Not your fault you weren’t born on the absolute perfect year to be born.

#60 64 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Whatever helps ya cope! Not your fault you weren’t born on the absolute perfect year to be born.

I think 1962 fits me just fine. That way I identify as neither a Boomer or GenX no matter what wikipedia says.. We are the Blank Generation.
    And as much fun as I had in the 60s, 70s or even the 80s, I'm not stuck there. But I did get to see it.

#61 64 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think 1962 fits me just fine. That way I identify as neither a Boomer or GenX no matter what wikipedia says.. We are the Blank Generation.
    And as much fun as I had in the 60s or 70s, I'm not stuck there. But I did get to see it.

Your lack of nostalgia puts you squarely in Boomer territory. Gen X is the nostalgic generation, cuz we grew up with magic & wonder vs. sticks and gravel.

#62 64 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Your lack of nostalgia puts you squarely in Boomer territory. Gen X is the nostalgic generation, cuz we grew up with magic & wonder vs. sticks and gravel.

You must understand before you guys came along, we had the actual older Boomers to deal with. Those that would become yuppies during the 80s. We didn't want to be them. Us in betweeners were few and far between. Nostalgia for me is watching an old TV show or taking in something I might have missed along the way. Because I already have a memory that won't quit. But never stop looking forward to what might come next.

We are rare birds indeed. The Blank Generation. Don't hold it against us, just deal with it.

#63 64 days ago

Without getting too nostalgic, but to stay sort of on topic, the 70s turned out to be the second greatest decade ever for pinball production wise, and some of us were just old enough to be able to enjoy it.

#64 64 days ago
    Quoted from Theganch:

When did Def Leppard become a boomer band?
    They were far removed from what my parent’s generation were interested in

Lol

#65 64 days ago

First I heard Def Leppard was a radio station was playing their brand new first album when we got home from a Judas Priest concert who already seemed a little past their prime.

Boy, do I feel old now.

#66 64 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We are rare birds indeed. The Blank Generation. Don't hold it against us, just deal with it.

I don’t care, really - I’m just goofing with ya since you love poopin’ on us 80s-lovers.

#67 64 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Without getting too nostalgic, but to stay sort of on topic, the 70s turned out to be the second greatest decade ever for pinball production wise, and some of us were just old enough to be able to enjoy it.

For me, being 6 and seeing Pac-Man & Donkey Kong for the first time is an experience I’m so thankful for. What was it like for you when arcade video games showed up? It was probably still cool - but for a kid, it was like seeing a magical glowing colorful weird world floating in a black void that you had control over. Since kids live in a reality without control, it’s no wonder these games were so enticing to us on a primal psychological level.

Pinball was cool, to - just didn’t connect to it in that same primal way until I was an adult.

#68 64 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t care, really - I’m just goofing with ya since you love poopin’ on us 80s-lovers.

Yeah bro. It's all good. We are all in the same boat here. Sometimes I feel like I am speaking for a non existent generation and you guys sorta put up with it.

Quoted from Rarehero:

For me, being 6 and seeing Pac-Man & Donkey Kong for the first time is an experience I’m so thankful for.

I was killing it at Pac Man and Kong, but kinda liked Asteroids better. Time Pilot was probably my pinnacle though.

#69 64 days ago

Not to be a total party pooper, let's rock!

I think I had just turned 19 when this came out.

#70 64 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

First I heard Def Leppard was a radio station was playing their brand new first album when we got home from a Judas Priest concert who already seemed a little past their prime.

If there’s any justice in the universe Judas Priest would get a pin before Def Leppard. But Def Leppard would probably sell better.

Quoted from o-din:

I think I had just turned 19 when this came out.

Didn’t realize I was older than you o-din, that’s really depressing!

#71 64 days ago

Late 70s early 80s there was a battle going on and lines being drawn between the semi intellectuals that were tired of being burned out listening to long guitar and drum solos or whatever corporate radio decided to feed us next, and the old rocker guard.

Then it happens again 40 years later but this time with kids that were still in or just out of diapers at the time. There are some battles that perhaps aren't worth fighting and you never can win. But, I wouldn't trade what I went with and saw for anything.

#72 59 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why is it that sometimes I almost pity you guys.

80's was the last best decade to grow up. After that MTV raps and liberal garbage took over. along with social media and internet.

#74 59 days ago

Always love to see a "everything went downhill since [whenever the speaker left college / high school]" in the wild

#75 59 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'd honestly like to see big bands get a little more respect around here.
    Dad turned me onto Gene Krupa and told me his story, and he could really pound those skins.

Absolutely right ... check this out please. Drumming can't get much better than that, no matter how much pedals you use or how dangerous your tattoos and your beard looks like.

From 1965

#76 59 days ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

80's was the last best decade to grow up. After that MTV raps and liberal garbage took over. along with social media and internet.

Rap, liberals, and the internet! What a motley assortment of scapegoats

#77 59 days ago

There's definitely a lot to unpack there. Let me stew on this for a while.

#78 59 days ago
    #79 59 days ago

OK, but ONLY these three albums:
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#81 58 days ago

Wrong. Fan base HAS the money and owns a HOUSE and is willing to buy it.

#82 58 days ago

They really should start releasing 100s of pinballs a year so that every single half baked idea for a pin gets made before our collective minds burst.

#83 58 days ago

Because Judas Priest needs to go first!!!

#84 58 days ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

Wrong. Fan base HAS the money and owns a HOUSE and is willing to buy it.

and is mad about Yo MTV raps causing the downfall of civilization

#85 58 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

and is mad about Yo MTV raps causing the downfall of civilization

And I always thought it was this.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.04.10?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.04.10?AM (resized).png
    #86 58 days ago

Imagine the backlash if no Pour Some Sugar on Me is not represented on the playfield.
    Love DL but prefer Motley Crue for pinball.

#87 58 days ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Imagine the backlash if no Pour Some Sugar on Me is not represented on the playfield.

That would certainly be bringin' on the heartbreaks.

#88 58 days ago

The leopard better freakin’ eat the ball!

#89 58 days ago

Gods of War better have some guns repped somewhere.

#90 58 days ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

The leopard better freakin’ eat the ball!

They can eat my balls.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.