• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

New Canasta.jpg
stm.jpg
image.jpg
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I'm curious why there is SO little talk about the new Mustang game?? Almost nobody seems excited about this game. Was this a dud pick for a theme? Will there be enough die-hard Mustang fans in this world to buy all of the LE's?

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm curious why there is SO little talk about the new Mustang game?? Almost nobody seems excited about this game. Was this a dud pick for a theme? Will there be enough die-hard Mustang fans in this world to buy all of the LE's?

It isn't a widebody. Nuff said.

#3 10 years ago

Boring title possibly???-Joe

#5 10 years ago

For me..

1) theme
2) too much $$$$$ for said theme
3) no interesting "gotta have it" features i.e. LCD
4) don't want to listen to Tanner Foust over and over

#6 10 years ago

Dud

#7 10 years ago

I keep looking at the top 100 for the first weeks when a new pin comes out. See who's sold, who's in love, who hates, who might have an agenda. Was very surprise, even if only the PRO is out, not even 15 people voted on that pin. That tells you a lot cause I don't think the pinside top 100 is now wiser, or reached the wisdom level by learning from the pass. Met, ST, AC/DC even Avengers had the number 1 stop at the launching date. People where voting even for LE's while only have tried the Pro lol.

Still no interest on that point of view.

Guess with all the recent titles and upcoming great themes people just ignore this one.

Time will tell but great opportunity for lovers to wait a bit for a kickass deal on these. No way they will stay at that price for long if interest is so quiet. Looks like a fun game.

#8 10 years ago

Theme is part of it, but I think we have been bombarded with so many pin releases in the last year that a lot of us are worn out.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

For me..
1) theme2) too much $$$$$ for said theme3) no interesting "gotta have it" features i.e. LCD4) don't want to listen to Tanner Foust over and over

sums it up.

#10 10 years ago

I like Mustangs.

I like pinball.

But I just can't get excited until some rules are firmed up and I can get some time on the game.

If it is a fantastic game when the code is done, I'll buy it.

#11 10 years ago

Lots of competition from other pin manufacturers means that Stern has to be on point...no WOF's or BBH's will be tolerated now....I look at it like a February film release....junk...all the good stuff comes out in the summer

#12 10 years ago

Because it looks like a promotional toy for Mustang maybe?
Who knows maybe it'll end up in the top 10 alltime!!

#13 10 years ago

some one made a mustang pin??? oh

#14 10 years ago

+1 to all of the above.

#15 10 years ago

But guys this is Iron Man all over again....

#16 10 years ago

Theme sucks. Nothing great about gameplay. Boring.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

But guys this is Iron Man all over again....

I honestly don't recall the release of Iron Man. Nobody liked that theme either? It was a pretty big blockbuster I thought? Or was it just bad timing and/or was it overly expensive?

#18 10 years ago

Though I love new Stern pins for the most part, I'm less excited about new releases until the code is updated and we have a better understanding of the type of game it is.
I expect Mustang will be a fast playing pin. If rules are good, could be great but the theme alone isn't carrying this one.

#19 10 years ago

i will not attack this game until i try it, maybe you negative guys should wait as well. i am not a met fan but love the pin...theme is great but if gameplay and code are solid i still want it. trudeau designing this is a selling feature for me and am thankful he is able to contribute his ideas with stern.

thank-you stern for improving your bull pen of talented people.

#20 10 years ago

I haven't tried Star Trek yet, but initially it looked uninteresting to me, further research does get me interested. I'm not sure how I'll feel about this one in 6 months, but so far it's mostly just a *groan* kind of reaction.

#21 10 years ago

For me it's the theme and it honestly feels like a Ford promo. Probably not right to say that...It might even be a fun game. I'll hold final judgement until I actually get to play it. The days of me buying a pin sight unseen are over. I did that with XMen and I swore I would never buy without playing again.

#22 10 years ago

There was a lot of buzz 3 weeks ago. Now it is a wait and see kind of game. No LCD, and a running ad for Ford.
Was there hype with Corvette, Harley Davidson, and Viper? Was there internet then, like now? The code issue with Stern is another thing to slow the hype. Mustang and Shelby guys will buy it, if they also like pinball.

#23 10 years ago

Just not feeling it. We'll see when I/people start to play it in the wild.

#24 10 years ago

Played it great different unique feel with very different layout; give it a shot guys and you will be pleasently surprised

#25 10 years ago

It's a Trudeau game, so I find it to be the most exciting Stern in the past several years.

#26 10 years ago

I personally dont think games need an lcd to be new and fun currently.i. dont really get excited till i know game is close to finished.or promising finish coming soon. Theme doesnt do it for me, but i was stoked for avengers and didnt.like it after a good amount of play so who knows

#27 10 years ago

Some of us are too tapped out to get excited about spending six to eight thousand dollars every six months, no matter what the title.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

but i was stoked for Avengers and didnt.like it after a good amount of play so who knows

To each his own The Avengers is a great pinball. The music and sound effects are so awesome. The unique playfield lay out is a nice change. But to address Mustang . I drive German sports cars. The theme is just not there for me. The Car figure in the middle of playfield reminds me of Dale jr. that Pat Lawlor designed for STERN a few years back. Wich is actually a fun pin. The thing is John T. Designed on of my all time favorites Creature from the Black Lagoon. You know he has talent. With the price of pinball going up . I just do not think it was the greatest idea. What ever happened to John Trudeau ' Forbidden Planet ' . Now that is something that would have been killer.

#29 10 years ago

I played Mustang... LOVED IT!! A wicked fast game... lot of good glow (except for the scoop).

I would never own a FORD product.... but I would play the crap out of this pinball on location or in someones home. Once people play it... they will see.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I played Mustang... LOVED IT!! A wicked fast game... lot of good glow (except for the scoop).
I would never own a FORD product.... but I would play the crap out of this pinball on location or in someones home. Once people play it... they will see.

See like I said guys please give this game a chance.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

That sounds promising .

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

See like I said guys please give this game a chance

Since you rated The Avengers LE as your # pinball ranking. I will take your advise. Good show !! Avengers assemble . I hope to play Mustang next week.

#33 10 years ago

Rob yeah will be anxious to see your thoughts and I do love avengers le; star trek is good but avenges and mustang just give you a breath of fresh air type of feeling

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

it honestly feels like a Ford promo.

I sure hope it does !

#35 10 years ago

IMO, few car themes are popular. Those that are (Getaway) were not brand specific and also are just plain fun. Auto brand loyalty is a major factor. Die hard MOPAR or Chevy fans will stay away just because it has a blue oval. I never understood why people limit themselves to a company brand they don't even work for but it is what it is. Brainwashing I guess. Time will tell on the latter part.

I owned a Mustang and loved it but that is not enough to put this higher on my wishlist than Tron or Monster Bash. Both games I can buy at this price point.

For Iron Man, people loved the theme and artwork. They were all caught up on how sparse the playfield looked, how similar it was to Austin Powers and that is not a popular game, and the cost cutting measures introduced on that title. It wasn't until people actually started playing it before it got popular.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I never understood why people limit themselves to a company brand they don't even work for but it is what it is. Brainwashing I guess.

Or a pinball brand for that matter.

#37 10 years ago

The game is not out yet. It got displayed very early compared to normal timelines. Let some more people play it with software anywhere near complete and then it will start to take off. People calling it a dud already are just blowing smoke. Sure it may end up a dud, but it could also be an extreme hit based on the exposure it got at the auto shows and Ford catalogs, etc.

#38 10 years ago

Relatively few people suggest reserving judgment and lowering expectations for a game theme people get excited about before it launches. Then it comes out, underdelivers and people get upset.

The way I look at it - the point this game is at right now is perfectly optimal. It's the whole underpromise / overdeliver thing. It has nowhere to go but up!

Hopefully it sells well for them to car enthusiasts and ropes more people in to the hobby. Those suckers! They're so screwed once they get hooked.

#39 10 years ago

IM represents the Stern costcutting theme, might be it's flagship. Stripped down playfield. It was hated on as the mascot for Stern cheapening their games.

Mustang ... so far, meh . My first car was a '67, I love mustangs. But this one looks , meh . The car blocks the back of the playfield which looks weird in pics, but I have not seen it in person so can't judge this. It looks in pics like a return to stripped down ala IM , but who knows, in person might be much better. All that adds up to - no pre-order. Play first then decide. The videos and pics released so far are unexciting in the face of the STLE lightshow.

#40 10 years ago

Indifference, simply ignoring, no love, no hate not even the effort of debating is the worst thing that can happen to someone

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

IM represents the Stern costcutting theme, might be it's flagship. Stripped down playfield. It was hated on as the mascot for Stern cheapening their games.
Mustang ... so far, meh . My first car was a '67, I love mustangs. But this one looks , meh . The car blocks the back of the playfield which looks weird in pics, but I have not seen it in person so can't judge this. It looks in pics like a return to stripped down ala IM , but who knows, in person might be much better. All that adds up to - no pre-order. Play first then decide. The videos and pics released so far are unexciting in the face of the STLE lightshow.

IM was a stripped down playfield but it still had 2 magnets, a large bash toy that comes from under the playfield and a kickback that fires back at the flippers. These helped make it an extremely intense and fun game.

Mustang has nothing like that in the pro! So it better have some amazing rules.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

It's a Trudeau game, so I find it to be the most exciting Stern in the past several years.

Now if Lyman could just get involved with the code after MET is done... Then it could turn into a very nice game.

#43 10 years ago

Yawn. Not even a hot babe anywhere on the game. B O R I N G theme.

#44 10 years ago

Boring.

Ill be able to go to any Ford dealership and play it a few times, and that will be it.

#45 10 years ago

This was a major deal between Ford and Stern and they had a different target audience and a different motive with this theme. Who knows what was all involved in this deal but I'm sure Ford made it worthwhile to Stern… any sale they make to us pinheads is just icing on the cake.

#46 10 years ago

Is there any known sales to pinsiders? I can't recall anyone saying they bought one. If there are, very few compared to ST and MET recently.

#47 10 years ago

Here it is party on Friday night
image.jpgimage.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Theres only so many pins that people can buy.. Given the possible hits like Iron Maiden etc people are going to wait it out.

#49 10 years ago

No buzz? Funny, that 80s gameshow "you're wrong" buzzer is what first thought of when seeing this theme announced.

#50 10 years ago

I think its going to be a blast - can't wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-buzz-for-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.