(Topic ID: 223423)

Why no action behind the backglass/translight?

By Crile1

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Phat_Jay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why no action behind the backglass/translight?”

• Bring back the light show 3 votes
      100%
    • Leave it as is 0 votes

(3 votes)

#1 5 years ago

So, now that I have two 90's DMD games back in my lineup next to all modern stuff (except my old EM), I got to thinking: How come modern pins aren't animating the lighting behind the translights/backglasses anymore? I modded BSD with some color LED's and flashers and boy does it put on a show during certain modes and with certain shots. Same with 'ol Demo man...the flashing lights to start modes really is a nice bit of fun. I bought the flipper fidelity led mod for my Aerosmith translight which really brings out the colors of the art. It would only be a small cost to upgrade the white led strips behind the current translights from white to RGB. Then you could easily program some effects. As it is right now, we've got some of the best art on current translights/backglasses, so c'mon manufacturers, add a little light show. Anybody else on board?

#2 5 years ago

Modern sterns at least don't have individual lights, just one big light for the whole backglass. They'd have to add a whole light panel with a hinge, etc

#3 5 years ago

Modern Sterns have LED's on the boards that light up the backglass. At least my SW and Aerosmith do. TNA has a triangle of LED's on the back of the head. Never looked behind my JJP's but I think they have an LED strip as well. I've got LED strips that are RGB in my gameroom. Dirt cheap on AMAZON and I can have them do whatever effects I want...but I mostly leave them solid colors.

#4 5 years ago

I agree. At least on the le’s.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-no-action-behind-the-backglass-translight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.