Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Spencer
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1013623_10152771534073893_3852574372951996401_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    015.JPG
    014.JPG
    013.JPG
    012.JPG
    011.JPG
    010.JPG
    009.JPG
    008.JPG
    002.JPG
    001.JPG
    image-729.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN3210.JPG
    DSCN3207.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I have purchased from Marco many times and had no problem-in fact from my experience they provide very professional service. But I channel my purchases through a shipping provider Comgateway which enables multiple purchases to be held & combined & shipped at my request. I use that provider for most US purchases.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I used to order from Marco all the time.....not anymore.They will not even let you ship your order to a US address(which I have done many times)

This is not my experience. no prob to ship to US address.

#93 9 years ago

Unlike most Pinball Organisations I have never seen any mention of the Marco ownership and their/its background. Can anyone fill me in on this. Thks.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't know their history, but I've been to their building and it's nice. Everyone in the office and on the warehouse floor were nice. Someone even took us on a walk around their NIB storage, where they had some pretty classic games still NIB.

As an international purchaser from Marco that certainly has been my experience. Courteous, prompt replies, great website and fast shipping. Just would be interested to know who is behind it all.

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

(And I do have to say, you Aussies are very patient people with helping me get that sorted out!)
    -Hans

From my perspective Hans patience is not generally an issue apart from sea freight of a pin which is fairly time consuming (although as I often say 'the longer a pin takes the more time I have to work out it where I will put it! )
    As far as parts goes for me the shipping period is terrific. In fact at times shipping from the US can be quicker than shipping locally. Recently two backglasses shipped from Michigan via USPS arrived at my door within 7 days.
    Parts from Marco go via my US shipping address (Comgateway) and again within 7days from that address.
    I have accepted that if I want to be in this hobby I need to accept shipments will be from the US and their is a cost involved.

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

I would say it shows how great their distaste for exporting goods is. I don't think you non-US understand how much BS it is when items get stuck in customs or has tariff due or other problems that the customer most easily remedies with a credit card charge back. Exporting sucks. In fact, I won't sell anything outside the US.
    If you don't like it, start your own pinball parts distribution business. As I said before, there seems to be plenty of demand.

For your info we 'Non-US' actually understand what it takes to ship internally and internationally. The world is actually bigger than the US and those organisations that recognise that will have a future. But for all of that as I have said before Marco for me has been terrific. Fast, courteous, great website & always returns emails even for a 'Non-US' customer.

#120 9 years ago
    Quoted from peaceboy666:

$53 postage for ten balls and 1 small ramp to australia, no thanks

Not sure why you would want to import 10 balls-they are readily available in Australia.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from peaceboy666:

was just curious what shipping rates would be was all, 20$ for the ramp then another $33 for the balls.

You may consider opting for a US shipping address & have the ability to combine a no of items over a period to reduce per item cost. I use Comgateway but there are a no of providors. Unfortunately I have accepted that to be in this hobby importing on occasions is an 'occupational reality'.

#132 9 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

The US market is plenty big enough for me. I am not counting on export to have a future. I'm sorry if this offends you, but seriously, I have enough problems with US customers not to exacerbate my suffering with cultural and language differences. Simply look how this thread demonstrates an attitude of foreign entitlement. Let's face it, you guys just aren't the best customers. Many of us in the US have learned this. Many more will learn it.

An absolutely incredible, baseless & offensive post. The only thing I can say is the avatar says it all!!

#145 9 years ago

I looked up something different:

sad sack noun

: a person who is not successful or able to do things well : an inept person who causes feelings of pity or disgust in other people

#151 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Can we stop the name calling here. I just want this thread to address a specific problem and not see who`s got the biggest set of balls.

That's a bit rich-your post 130 started it!

1 week later
    #176 9 years ago

$18.86 for such a fragile item insured is tremendous in my mind

#180 9 years ago

Bizarre-needs to be taken up with Marco.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-marco-specialities-is-ruining-it-for-international-customers?tu=wayner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.