Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Spencer
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1013623_10152771534073893_3852574372951996401_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    015.JPG
    014.JPG
    013.JPG
    012.JPG
    011.JPG
    010.JPG
    009.JPG
    008.JPG
    002.JPG
    001.JPG
    image-729.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN3210.JPG
    DSCN3207.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 9 years ago

I get bonded every year for the US ($400 US) & got a decent rate to broker the goods into the USA per package ($15). Try to take away the abuse we all share with UPS for brokerage ($30 - $40). Here is 2 Sorcerer playfields going out, with brokerage already done. I just absorb the cost as a expense of sale or service, into the selling price. Shipping is usually pretty close to actual cost, but not the cost of supplies & labour.

I also built a cheap shipping crate on a skid (I can attach 4 wheels drilled into the skid blocks to move in & out of the trailer & house) to send my products to Marco Specialties. It is used to ship their pinball products back to me. Way cheaper than sending a bunch of boxes of goods. Day & Ross Transport, they interline with another carrier in New Hampshire. Brokerage on Thousands of dollars of goods is in the low hundreds into Canada (Livingston). The crate actually had boxes of glass across the whole bottom (15?), & I keep the shipments below $2500 to avoid IRS hassle, I think the brokerage was $70 on it. Also less risky to have your cardboard boxes rip open from all vendors during shipping.

001-783.JPG001-783.JPG
    002-838.JPG002-838.JPG
    003-875.JPG003-875.JPG

DSCN3207.JPGDSCN3207.JPG
    DSCN3208.JPGDSCN3208.JPG
    DSCN3209.JPGDSCN3209.JPG
    DSCN3210.JPGDSCN3210.JPG

1 week later
    #174 9 years ago

I just finished all the paperwork for shipping my crate of parts from Marco Specialties. Almost $2500 US of stuff. The crate measures 54" x 48" x 32" & the weight of 650 lbs. My Day & Ross Transport quote interlining with R & L Carriers (they go to Marco all the time) should be $400. I have Livingston International as my broker. Looks like $415 for all the fees, tax, & Canadian bond fee for entry into Canada.

So I'm buying heavy stuff: 800 leg bolts, 80 legs, 80 pinballs, 25 locks. Also getting fragile glass, electronic boards, & a bunch of light parts.

I will post how this pans out for shipping, & any problems. I know it has been very expensive getting small heavy boxes of parts from other vendors in the past.

I deal with Brennan all the time, & the staff there are very friendly.

The wooden crate I built looks small in the pictures. But it holds 15 individual glass boxes along the bottom. It could take more laying flat above them. Also I could ship playfields in the same crate.

DSCN3207.JPGDSCN3207.JPG
    DSCN3210.JPGDSCN3210.JPG

#190 9 years ago

Here is some good news. I received my crate back & everything was well packed. Had lots of steel parts, electronic boards, & a Medusa glass. Took less than 1 week transport from Lexington, to Halifax. They had a lot of cardboard & empty boxes at the top.

If I know the crate is coming back, & you can pick up the stuff here in Halifax. You can place a order through me. It makes sense only to people in Atlantic Canada, who would be going to Halifax for shopping or appointments. Definitely worth it for steel stuff, & other items.

Also for all the complaints about the naked legs, they were all not rusted, & still had the factory oiling on them lightly.

Marco might be reordering glass, so I might have the crate coming back towards the end of February.

001.JPG001.JPG
    002.JPG002.JPG
    008.JPG008.JPG
    009.JPG009.JPG
    010.JPG010.JPG
    011.JPG011.JPG
    012.JPG012.JPG
    013.JPG013.JPG
    014.JPG014.JPG
    015.JPG015.JPG

2 months later
    #222 8 years ago

Here is what I offer to my local pinball community, & if you or have someone coming to Halifax late May (driving). You could save yourself big dollars!

Seems weird but I did a customer a favour in Australia. He was buying a Seawitch glass from me, needed the Medusa glass sold out from CPR, & 2 plastic sets from CPR locally. So the Medusa glass came back in the crate, shipped with Seawitch, & 2 plastic sets from CPR. Saved the guy a lot by having 2 glass, & 2 plastic sets in my box to Australia with UPS. So if you are buying a glass from me, I will do the same in Canada. Or if you are buying a CPR glass, you could ask Kevin if he will do the same.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/city-of-halifax/pinball-parts-order-for-mid-may-from-marco-specialties/1065863220?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-marco-specialities-is-ruining-it-for-international-customers?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.