Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Spencer
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1013623_10152771534073893_3852574372951996401_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    015.JPG
    014.JPG
    013.JPG
    012.JPG
    011.JPG
    010.JPG
    009.JPG
    008.JPG
    002.JPG
    001.JPG
    image-729.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN3210.JPG
    DSCN3207.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Everyone knows this by now. Or should I say everyone that is not a US Citizen. I have no clue why Marco Specs decided to go with iGlobalStores to take care of their international orders.

I got charge $26.73US (+/- $33 CDN) to ship some decals/mylar, a few star posts, 5 pinballs and one target to Canada, more or less 1.5 pounds of stuff. The order was shipped on Dec 8th. And get this folks....for a delivery date of Jan 8th to Jan 26th (so between 30-58 days to deliver)....FOR $33 BUCKS!!!! I don't mind the wait but be reasonable in your shipping rates if that is the case. And this was the cheapest option on their site.

I see US folks bitch about an $8 shipping charge and they get there stuff in less than a week!

From my house to MS is 1676km / 1041 miles. Someone could have biked my order over by now. Why doesn't Marco offer reasonable shipping rates for international clients? Just put a few stamps on a frigging box and ship it over it would have been here sooner.

No.... now I get a frigging tracking number with this low cost shipping service that does not work.

So iglobalstores takes a cut, Landmark takes a cut and Marco takes a cut and international customers take it up the ass big time. For those who will say to order from Starburst. They charged me $28 dollars the other day for 2 BR and one battery holder.....thieves!!! And thank god someone picked it up in MTL or I would have had to pay shipping on top of that.

Why doesn't Marco setup a small Canadian based shop that ships out items from Canada? (apart from Playdium) I'm sure the demand is there. In the long run he would have happier international customers. I'm guessing part of the answer is that "it's easier said than done".

I still have to order from him whether I like it or not and that's where he knows he's got me by the balls.

I just wish I knew who the part supplier was for Marco, PPS, Bay, PBL and the rest of these folks so I can cut the freaking middle man and create a Canadian website of my own to tend to the pinball hobbyist on the north side of the border!

Rant over!

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Think of how much money you will save by just moving 70 miles south. I hear there are some nice houses in Ogdensburg.

j/k, of course.

Ogdensburg.jpg 28 KB

All kidding aside, right now I drive down there to pick up pinball parts orders. This rant is more based on when I only need 1 or 2 items but still irks me on large orders. If I want to ship a .25cents spring Marco charges me close to 10 bucks to ship. When orders are over 300 marco sometime charges me close to 125 in shipping. At that point I just use the 5.99 shipping option and send it to the states. It's cheaper for me to drive 140 miles, pay the conversion rate, pay the taxes then it is to get it shipped to my house.

Yes pinball is an expensive hobby. For intestinal folks it's almost a 25% more expensive just because of the damn shipping.

I do agree that Terry at PBL is awesome when it comes to getting accurate shipping when you call him but he doesn't have all the parts. If he would Marco would kiss my ass goodbye.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

You're quite angry.. Do you need a hug?
    (...and before you go crazy look at my location - i know your pain )
    it might ironically be cheaper to order from Australia ... now that would be funny
    We consolidate all our stuff via shipito before it leaves usa - its the only way its viable.

Funny you mention this. I did order parts from Australia the other day on the same day as the Marco order. It took 12 business days to get here and costs less to ship. Go figure!

#25 9 years ago

Weight is only part of the equation. Iglobalstores just adds a percentage to the final bill. I just feel there are too many cooks in MS shipping department.

#30 9 years ago

Glad I am not the only one feeling the pain! Out of curiosity how many Canadians on here order parts from Marco and other folks from the states but would rather order from a Canadian company that is not playdium/starburst?

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

On my first Marco order I got an email from iGlobal stating my package had failed to be delivered and would I like to pay again?!

Nice way to keep your future business. We lost your package do you want to pay again....who the hell sends something like that?

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

OP, the fee probably includes customs brokerage fees along with paperwork and documentation.

Actually you have the option to add custom in the cart for even more shipping. So no brokerage fees are not included!

#50 9 years ago

You can ship to a U.S. address if you put American arm forces instead of your province . small loophole

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Shipping to a colon can't be easy or cheap.

That's what I get for having auto correct on my phone.... LOL

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

i usually wait until i have a large order or if i just need a few small things i just piggyback on a starburst/playdium order and pick up.

So do I but there is always that one little piece that you forget to finish your restoration. And that's usually when you have to take the lube out to ease the pain! And while I'm at it...maybe a bit of pepto for the intestine LOL.

I just put 15x 1" lexan washers in their cart this morning for an example:
    USPS First Class 2-3 Weeks: $10.88 USD
    Canada Post 3-5 Weeks: $16.48 USD
    Canada Post 1-2 Weeks: $22.99 USD
    USPS Priority 2-4 Weeks: $30.24 USD
    Economy Air 4-5 Days: $32.63 USD
    Express Air 2-3 Days: $48.87 USD

15 washers could be shoved in an enveloppe with a stamp and get here in 1 week from anywhere in north america.

I the last shipping option!

#80 9 years ago

I have been seriously thinking about it. Designing a site like Marco is a walk in the park ...programming it and creating the back end is a different monster all together. I just don't know who distributes to Marco and the other folks in the states....and that is the first hurdle to jump over. Once that is done I will consider it even more. Starburst orders from Marco.....so there is no win win there. I need to find the source.

#85 9 years ago

One of my friends is a programming guru so that front is covered and I have been doing web design for the past 15 years. That's the easy part. If anyone knows anything about part manufacturers then by all means send the info my way.

#86 9 years ago

GPE I've been thinking about this for a while so most of the things you have said are already in the back of my mind but some are ver insightful. It really just comes down to proper math and proper estimates.

Packaging always needs to be considered at the shipping charge level. Canada post does offer discounts to business accounts but I think you need a minimal amount of mailed out packages to apply.

I'm still at the "trying to find the right pinball part supplier". Once that is done then the ball could start rolling. Transistors, resistors, bolts, nuts, screws, headers, connectors and capacitors are already covered.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gorno:

I love Marco's selection, but I regularly cancel orders when I get to the shipping screen. I just hate paying 30-50% of an orders worth in shipping. Drives me nuts. They need to find better options.

I don't know how many times I've done just that!

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Marco probably had to make the decision of hiring another person just to do international shipping or outsourcing it altogether to a company that specializes in it.

And that's why they would charge $48 US (UPS express) to ship 15 lexan washers...at a certain point you look at how much it would cost you to hire someone or give it to another company. That company in return charges even more than it would cost you to hire someone + pisses the complete northern continent off! Going with iglobalstores is costing them more than they can chew!

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i pretty much basically refuse to ship internationally, not just due to the added costs, but due to the added effort... it isn't worth it...

Shipping within the US:
    1) Walk into the USPS office
    2) Give pacage to USPS to weigh off
    3) Pay for shipping

Shipping outside the US:
    1) Walk into the USPS office
    2) Give pacage to USPS to weigh off
    3) Fill the custos sheet (60 seconds)
    3) Pay for shipping

Clearly so tedious.....

Perhaps USPS handle things differently. I created this thread because i thought the shipping is truly out of whac not to pin us against one another. But to go out and say it's too uch effort....

I drive down to the states (1h30) drive to help out y fellow pinsiders to get there sticers faster....

#149 9 years ago

Can we stop the name calling here. I just want this thread to address a specific problem and not see who`s got the biggest set of balls.

#154 9 years ago

Shipping something something to the states from Canada is literally a 60 second affair when you are at the post office. The form we fill is essentially your mailing address, the destination address, box content and price of materials.

Guy punches a few keystrokes, postage gets printed...done deal.

1 week later
    #178 9 years ago

Well I finally got the package on Friday which means it took the package 44 days to travel roughly 1100 miles or 25 miles/day.

As well this is funny but can someone explain how come I have Belgium postage on an American order?

image-729.jpgimage-729.jpg
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#182 9 years ago

Crushing is an understatement lol. But like I said, only a few decals, a target and a few posts.

#188 9 years ago

The other funny thing is the package items description was "auto parts"

3 weeks later
    #199 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

If you think Marco is bad, check out the price I got from Big Daddy

You need to read the big shipping disclaimer they provide on why they put $22,000 in shipping.
    http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/faq.html#minimumorder

#201 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

That's just stupid. I ended up ordering from him through ebay for basically the same parts, so all it did was cost him extra ebay fees, and it makes his site look broken.

I'm not saying it's logical.... he he he

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-marco-specialities-is-ruining-it-for-international-customers?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.